(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / unfinished pt

• penguinBOB%s's Photo
    I don't have a worthy excuse for not finishing my entry. I lost interest in the game, and I never had much motivation (ever) to finish many parks.

So this is sort of my leaving the game behind present to you guys, though I will regularly attend these boards.

My unfinished entry

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's more to the park than just those screens--the whole thing was layed out, most of the rides were constructed, and the landscape roughed out. Error trappers didn't help my slow building process, neither did the scale to which I had invisioned.

There are four themed areas:

Cursive's Cliffs (themed to Ugly Organ)
    The Woods (themed to Sleater-Kinney's album of the same title)
    Future Perfect (themed to Autolux's album)
    Piano Island (themed to a Blood Brother's album)
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    You might have won! That was one awesome wooden coaster.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I get an invalid data red window. What should I do?
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Very fun to look at. Some Rift Valley feel going on which is a good thing. :)
    Sad the Duellers weren't working and I was to lazy to merge them properly...
    I laughed when I saw the plug and the scizzors, well executed them. The entrance area was amazing and the song I was listening to in this very moment pleased it very well.
    Overall a very good attempt for winning PT2.
    I hope for seeing work from you soon.
    egg :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Damn BOB, this shit was insane, you would have had a very good chance of winning if you had finished. The entrance area was sick with all the huge facade shapes, then then did that neat elevator like the one you themed in my solo, and the duel looked amazing, great idea you had to build the coasters in the track editor before the contest even started ;)

I have no problem putting you in the same catagory as Kevin, you both have some amazing unfinished work, one good design that did not truely show your full skill and if either of you ever do finish something it will knock all our socks off.

And you can still finish it for fun btw! :p
  • elby%s's Photo
    the fox and the duck inspired me
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    this was indeed good!
    never the less my rct2 gives a error while i'm in a diffrent park... :S
    re-booting rct2 gives me a full working one thoug
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Would have been real good if finished. Hard to see what it would have been like, but it would definately have been good. I can see that what you originally invisaged was huge, and evidently too big for the time frame given. Sorry you couldn't finish man.

Metro 8)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I liked what you had going, especially Sleater Kinney's area, but for some reason the whole thing seemed incredibly messy and confusing.
    Awesome entrance though. Too bad you didn't finish.
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    i've checked the park and i just love it

The woody was awesome and the landscaping too , theming was in some places really nice.
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    I downloaded it , and though it wasn't finished, you had it real good going! Awesome woodie. and in one of the corners of the park, the archy gave me a Gaudi feel ( Dunno if you ever been to Barcelona, but if so you probably know him ;) ).I mean the facades made out of BB and colourful windows behind it. Too bad you dind't finish.

Edited by Akasha, 01 February 2006 - 03:05 PM.

• J K%s's Photo
    If i remember correctly it was based on Gaudi's architecture, i love that area the most and thought you'd of had a winner anyway with that theme on its own. I like most of it but yes it was a bit messy for my liking. The woodie was awesome and i like the steel looping roller coaster with the rapids going through the mountain. Great entry its too bad you could'nt of finished it but amazing work.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    yeah, everything had to be crammed to get all that i wanted in. i had planned for 100x100, but it ended up being smaller...

ambulance vs ambulance was actually a mobius dueler. the corkscrews were supposed to be the togo stand up, and the inline twists were supposed to be lim launched to make it look more like an intamin super looper.

the blood brothers area was going too look like a slum type city with tall buildings, except for the sillhouette salloon.

all of the areas were going to have a venue for shows. sleater-kinney's and the autolux already had one. blood brothers was going to be the salloon, and cursive's was the ugly organ.

the areas all had a set of tree colors:
    cursive--yellow
    sleater kinney--red
    blood brothers--blue
    autolux--green

it would have been cluttered, but it looks more so because of the unfinished landscape.

thanks for the comments you guys. i might pick this up over the summer if i don't have my hands too full.
  • newk%s's Photo
    i will definetely look through later but i just wanted to say i loved the screens you showed! the river rapids looks great with the 1/4 dirt tiles, and i liked looking at the woodie from the angle you showed. i think you should finish it for fun!
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Could somebody host this thing again for me or hook me up with a copy please?
    Thanks, egg
  • vekoma9%s's Photo
    Same here please
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    ditto i loved pbob's open range.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading