(Archive) Advertising District / Paramount's Xtreme

• zburns999%s's Photo
    Park Progress

Paramount Midway
    Rides...
    -Paramount Carousel-carousel (low thrill)
    -Screamin' Swing-Screamin Swing (high thrill)
    -Pepsi Jumbo Bounce-bouncer (low thrill)
    -Ricochet-wild mosue (family)
    -Paramount Trolley Co.-trams (transportation)
    Shows...
    -Paramount's Xtreme Divers-diving extravaganza
    -Paramount Star Theater-hit/classic films
    Games...
    -The Frog Pond-game of skill
    Food/Shops...
    -The Zone-gifts
    -PX Shop-gifts
    -Casbah-bar and grill
    -McMurray's Hotel-bar and grille
    -Gino's-Italian cuisine
    -Dippin Dotts-ice cream
    -The Dragon's Brick Oven Pizza-pizza
    -Dogs-hot dogs
    -Personalized Plates-gifts
    -FUNnel Cakes-old fashioned funnel cakes

The Boardwalk
    Rides...
    -To the Max-impulse (high thrill)
    -Chaos-chaos (moderate thrill)
    -Nuclear-sky diver (moderate thrill)
    Games...
    Classic Arcade-classic arcade games
    Climb the Ladder-athletic game
    Food/Shops...
    -Dippin Dots-ice cream
    -Dogs-hot dogs
    -Munchies-sweet shop
    -Charicatures-charicature drawings

The Action Zone
    -Drop Zone-roto drop (high thrill)
    -Speed City Raceway-go karts (controlled thrill)
    -Xtreme Skyflyer-sky coaster (high thrill)
    -High Voltage-F=frisbee (high thrill)
    Food/Shops...
    -Gift Zone-gifts
    -Dippin Dots-ice cream

Expedition
    -Entropy-floorless coaster (high thrill)
    -Racer-wooden coaster (high thrill)
    -Century Swings-swinger (moderate thrill)
    Games...
    -Hot Shots-game of skill
    -Ball Toss-game of skill
    Food/Shops...
    -Super Burger-hamburgers
    -Cosmic's-classic cuisine
    -Land of Donuts-donuts, pastries, coffee
    -Entropy Photo-on ride photos

Stunt City
    -Italian Job Stunt Track-launching roller coaster (high thrill)
    -Days of Thunder-motion simulator (high thrill)
    Food/Shops
    -Stunt Man's Cafe-burgers, fries, and famous beer battered chicken
    -Beat Box Records-guest recording studio
    -Outta This World-park photo pick up spot

Woodland Trail
    -Tilt-A-Whirl-Tilt-A-Whirl (moderate thrill)
    Games...
    -Arcadia-modern arcade games
    Food/Shops...
    -Cool Zone, sponsored by Pepsi-beverages and mist fans
    -Souvenir Kart-souvenirs
    -Dippin Dots-ice cream
    -Ben&Jerries-ice cream

Lakeside Heights
    -Demon-Arrow Custom Looper (high thrill)
    -Hurricane Force-Simulator (family)
    -LightHouse Falls-Water Coaster (moderate thrill)
    Food/Shops...
    -Captain Whitebeard's Seafood-seafood cuisine
    -Tudor Glassware-gifts
    -Strange Gifts-gifts
    -Jman's BBQ-ribs, wings, chicken

[u]Iron Forge Square[/i]
    -Bat-Schwarzkopf terrain looper (high thrill)
    -Blade-Enterprise (moderate thrill)
    -Nightmares-spinning cups (moderate thrill)
    Food/Shops...
    -The King's Court-European cusine

Edited by zburns999, 15 December 2006 - 08:51 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    For the first Screen, you need to get better roofs, be more creative. Your buildings are kinda of bland but realistic. Nothing to comment on really but we need to see more.
    -JDP
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Bob Evens strewberry pancakes kick ass. Also are the peeps in your park un-able to back into a parking space?

Nice work and you are following some very good examples. Maybe check out Virginia Creek Theme Park by Mike Robbins, thats in the same league.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    In the first screen, red roof pieces above the door. Keep them all the same instead of having one pair run into the next. and sort out the roofing in the middle of the building so that it all connects together on one joint.
  • posix%s's Photo

I didnt know if I should post screens or not, but then I figured that the only way to get better would be to get some professional feed-back.

eh, not so sure about the "professional feedback" bit, but if you want to get better, play the game and you will.
    i've been playing for almost 5 years now and i've never improved due to someone's comments.

i think what you're showing is quite nice. it pays off how you put your mind to the park a lot. as long as you don't lose that aspect in your parkmaking, you will always enjoy it (my belief only here, heh).
    the artistic part of rct (make everything look nicely crafted and beautiful) is, while the most exciting for many (look they're already telling you how to change your design), actually less important in your early rct days, i'd say. you just don't make things look good out of nowhere, and if you do, then simply because you copy ways of design from certain spotlight parks.
    fortunately that's not what you're doing :)
    you have a park in mind that you know what it must be like and now you go create it in rct2. in my opinion that's the best approach so good luck.

one more thing; i'd be more careful about the trees. they look a little carelessly thrown in. sure you can treat them like a filler, something less important, but at least consider to treat everything you build in your park with the same importance.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I like the screens, but I don't like that that's what you've shown. If you want realism, you should advertise more like a park would and show screens of the actual park and not the outside of it.

With the first screen, could you make the far left lanes of each side just half or 3/4 as wide to make it just a shoulder and have a thicker cement median in the middle? A highway that large must have a high speed limit, and it isn't safe atm. I think that the pool should use the stairs that have a block underneath them, and that hotel maybe should use real rooves although it does look good now.

For the second screen, restaurants especially need a lot of ventilating equipment on their rooves, you can use some more of that. Also at one point on both screens the road lines seem to get thinner, is that intentional? Anyway if you could fit a billboard for your park in there somewhere, (if you haven't already) I think you should.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Thanks to everyone who replied.

JDP: I plan on keeping the building outside the park somewhat plain, just because most buildings are. Inside the park, however, I will be sure to use more roof textures.

Kumba: I checked that park out, and thought it was great considering the time it was built, and a lack of custom scenery. I only looked at it for about 25 minutes and got some great ides. Thanks for posting.

RCTFan: I see what your saying, but for some reason, I like the look of the uneaven roof section in this circumastance, but obviously, it wont work everywhere.

posix: Thanks for the advice. I would say that's a great philosophy for building parks. Oh, and I will be more careful with my trees.

Phatage: I see what you're saying, but the reason for showing what I have shown is that simply, I haven't done much besides for some landscaping and terraforming inside the park area. I'll be sure to post pics of the park when I start though. I havn't built a park bill board yet either. Oh, and the road lines look thinner in some places because, well, I think because they are not turned all facing the same direction, and being custom scenery, there is some overlap depending on placement.

Once again, thanks for the somments everyone.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    The roof peices in the first screen look horible, they have no texture. Maybe change them for somthing else, or at least have the sides of the blocks a different colour to the tops.
  • thirteen%s's Photo
    wow
    impressively realistic
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Phil and phatage pretty much took care of my thoughts on these screens. I really admire the realistic approach you are taking and can't wait to see what lies inside the actual park. And like phatage said, I'd try to keep your advertising realistic if you want the perception of the park to remain realistic...

One thing I just noticed. Why does one side of the highway have 5 lanes and the other 4 lanes?....and why such a large thoroughway?....That's like a freeway you'd see in Los Angeles or something. To me, a 2-lane roadway would be more appropriate.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    ^Yeah, sorry about the huge road. I realized how huge it was after it was a little too late. And about the lanes...That was also a mistake I made when I placed the parking entrance across the lane leading to the park. That, I probably can fix though. Once again, thanks for all of the comments.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    shorten the road width with a nice landscaped median in the middle, like they have in CA ;)
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Well, I have to admit that I get nervous posting updates here, because it's hard to tell what kind of feed back I might get. Anyway, below are some screen shots of Hotel Monique, a pretty large resort hotel, with pools, spas, athletic courts, and a golf course (still to come). Uhm, Xenon, sorry if I shouldn't have, but I used your idea of the pool on the roof, because it was pretty interesting to me. I tried to make mine look as different as I could though.

Posted Image
    Here is the front of the hotel. The parking lot took forever.

Posted Image
    And here is the back of the hotel. You can see the pool and athletic courts. I also spent some extra time with glass enclosed stair cases on the end of each wing.

Well, thats all for now. This will be my last update before I start showing rides, because it was said that thats the best way for effective advertising. The colors I think will be hit or miss, just because they are kind of plain. Anyway, feel free to comment and criticize. It is greatly appreciated, positive and negative.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    It looks good, I think the red stands out a bit too much, the basketball court is interesting.... and the vollyball courts look nice. I'm not sure what to think about the pool, most luxery hotels don't seem to have them on the roof, maybe I missed something, but where are the entrances to the roof, and are there any kind of railings?

The type of windows you used for the rooms on the luxary hotel look like they would be used on a bed and breakfast...maybe make it more glass based.

You're definitally heading in the right direction, just make sure use logic and common sense when building a realistic park
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I like the hotel, its nice without being too fancy for a regional park. Even with that being said, I really think it would be cool if you made that hot tub at the top an infinite pool like the one in this pic (minus the scenery of course):

Posted Image
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Fuck, have some of the cars backed into the parking spaces, its just unrealistic and weird that way...

The rest is nice tho...
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo

Fuck, have some of the cars backed into the parking spaces, its just unrealistic and weird that way...

The rest is nice tho...

View Post

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo

The rest is nice tho...

View Post

People do that all the time, Kumba. What's the big deal about that? It's just as logical as going in forwards, if you think about it.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Yeah, but he lives in Florida with the rest of the fuck ups! I kid, I kid. I just felt like dissin Florida at the moment. I'll put myself in time-out...
  • eman%s's Photo
    You have no reason to be nervous about posting here if your continues to look as ood as that hotel. I like it a lot, the shape is very basic but the way you executed all the details and finishing touches really pull it together IMO. My only negative about the hotel would be the 3 trees on the hotel roof, they just seem very out of place, I'd say maybe replace them with shrubs or something else more fitting for a rooftop. And I like the golf course concept, I'm planning on doing the same thing in the future. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading