(Archive) Advertising District / Unnamed park

• MudBlood%s's Photo
    I had a beautifull park without costum scenery but the file was somehow corupted...
    so I've started from scratch....

Posted Image
    A Huge river ride. I think Ill make the track invisible and change the boats to rapid-ride-boats...

Posted Image
    Sneak from the Giga coaster at the station

Posted Image

The Royal Tent - But I don't think I keep this name...

Well tell me what you think
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    I raelly like it. Looks like a very realistic theme.
    I love that tent for the carousel, very creative!
    :) Keep going.
    egg
  • JKay%s's Photo
    The first two screens don't do much for me. They just seem boring. But that last screen is interesting to say the least. I really had to look hard to figure out what those red/white/blue things were and realized they are sub sandwich stalls. Very creative!

Non-custom scenery parks are difficult, but can end up better than custom-scenery parks. Good luck with this.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Again, first two don't grab me. Neither does the third, really, it's only because of the excellent use of the shop that I look for more than two seconds...
  • posix%s's Photo
    first screen,
    i like the dual track. no idea why, but i do. guess because in real life it'd make a nice effect to "meet" other passengers also riding.
    other than that it's an okay-screen. nothing really good or bad, which, in turn, is bad, because it's boring.
    i don't get why you'd put shrubs on top of the waterfalls. they look very awkward and unsecure.

second screen,
    a clash of styles and colours here.
    the colours don't look harmonic together and you've got elements from modern, egyptian and jurassic theme combined in a way that they couldn't be associated as anything, really.
    the wooden coaster roof doesn't work for me at all because it's too huge, dominant and therefore unappropriate.

third screen,
    very symmetric. i wonder what the single pieces of queue line are meant to be.

overall doesn't look very convincing or skillful to me.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Doing a non custom scenery park forces one to think of new ways to use old pieces, so this could be very creative. The carousel tent certainly was. Looking forward to more.
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    egg_head - thanx :)

JKay, Turtle - I guess this angle is really boring... I'll post later a small screen another part of the ride

posix-

i don't get why you'd put shrubs on top of the waterfalls. they look very awkward and unsecure.

I tried to make it look a bit more natural.. so it will be more of a rock than a building. but I changed it to ruins... I'll post a screen later.

the station in the second is like an hanger ... thats why there is a bit of modernisation in it... and that is why there is a huge roof... I will not change it for now, I'll finish the surrounding and Ill post larger screen.

ride_exchanger - thanx :)

thanks a lot for your constructive comments... exept for this one:

overall doesn't look very convincing or skillful to me.

wich obviosly... doesn't help me.... :rolleyes:

more screens later

Edited by MudBlood, 09 February 2006 - 08:28 AM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    I know X250 had one of these going that looked really good, but this I can't really judge, id need to see bigger screens, your not showing very much.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    even though custom scenery does help alot, i feel it could still look nice with out it. You now just have normal walls and roofs so just be creative with it. But im getting this feel that your trying to use styles form LL to make it look nice but you still have normal roofs to use instead of using that wooden roller coaster roof which really kills the mood for me.

just my 2 cents.
    -JDP
  • SenZ%s's Photo

I know X250 had one of these going that looked really good, but this I can't really judge, id need to see bigger screens, your not showing very much.

View Post

don't forget Tom_DJ's Disney Italy :nod:
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    The first screen.. well no. Foilage would change a lot I think! I like the second screen actually, but I dunno how the woodie-roofing looks so in a bigger screen it might look weird. So I would have to see more! The third creen is creative, with the sandwich shops, it took me a while to even see the merry-go-round. But what's up with the red-spacey ground and random queues? Good luck and don't make it too LL-ish :kiss:
  • MudBlood%s's Photo

You now just have normal walls and roofs so just be creative with it. But im getting this feel that your trying to use styles form LL to make it look nice but you still have normal roofs to use instead of using that wooden roller coaster roof which really kills the mood for me.

View Post

you are absoulutly right :)
    I thought about it and decided to change the roof

You asked fir bigger screens so here they are:

all the surroundings of the station is unfinished...

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • newk%s's Photo
    it really it very good for use without custom scenery but i dont really like the raised land pieces on the second screen at the right. add foliage as well
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    the station looks much better now. fantstic work.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    What's the fun in using no custom scenery?

Just seems a bit odd to me.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    ^ depends on what your ratio of custom scenery parks - to non-custom scenery parks is. Personally, I like to mix in some non-custom stuff once in a while.

Your station is a tad large. You could break up the roof with a second floor with a smaller footprint or something...

Edited by ride_exchanger, 12 February 2006 - 12:18 AM.

• Evil WME%s's Photo

^ depends on what your ratio of custom scenery parks - to non-custom scenery parks is.  Personally, I like to mix in some non-custom stuff once in a while.

View Post

I just love comments like this.. Hilarious. =D.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    I love using the stuff that looks like what i want! NO IMAGINATION NEEDED, PERFECT

House? Dont need all those peices, ive got a readymade one right here :)
  • Carl%s's Photo

I just love comments like this.. Hilarious. =D.

Im almost afraid to ask, but did you mean that in a good way?
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    No.

See, to explain myself further..

This whole 'no custom scenery' thing is absolute bullshit. Would the park lose some of its charm if there was one custom object in it? that fit perfectly within the game?

No custom scenery is some kind of elitist way to chose your scenery, yet what should make people proud is picking a scenery selection that works well with each other. If you want to stay 'true to the game' and make your park look 'rctish', (for whatever reason that needs to actually be important..) then chose your objects well to reflect your aim! Why the hell would you limit yourself whilst it not being necessary? It's like not raising land in the entire park, or whatever, really. The way the park looks should say more than the objects you made it with, in the end.

And when people take things so seriously as to point out ratios between custom and non-custom scenery parks, that just makes me laugh.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading