Custom Scenery Exchange / So I was trying to build this park, right

• Steve%s's Photo
    and went into the scenario editor.
    then i went into the 'advanced' menu to select objects and i'm not able to scroll. do i have too many objects? i can scroll through the rides, just not the scenary.

lend a hand and help steve out, guys.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

and went into the scenario editor.
    then i went into the 'advanced' menu to select objects and i'm not able to scroll. do i have too many objects? i can scroll through the rides, just not the scenary.

lend a hand and help steve out, guys.

View Post

Yeah, you have too many objects. I recommend downloading some kind of object viewer so that when you go through your objdata folder, you can see the description and possibly the image, of possible deletees. I'm actually having the same problem at the moment. I just don't feel like subjecting myself to having to wade through the objdata folder. So maybe I just won't change the scenery on the map I'm working with. :| Yeah, in other words, deleting custom scenery is a pain.

Actually, I just remembered I still have WW installed! I can just uninstall that! :idea:

Sorry though.

Edited by Xcoaster, 13 February 2006 - 08:06 PM.

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Yep. Perhaps you could have somebody hook you up with a stock rct2 object folder and add what you need. That's the only trick I can think of to solve your problem.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    What I do is just re-install the game and everything starts from square one. Only done it once tho, but its not hard to find the parks coz DL's are up all over. And it goes without saying you need to back-up the projects you have and are not up for DL when you do this.

Or else yeah just take hours going 1 by 1 :drool:
  • cBass%s's Photo
    All you have to do to go to square one is sort the objdata folder by date (details view, click on "Date Modified") and delete everything without a date of 2002 (or like I do, copy those later objects to a subfolder named for the current date). The next time you start the game it will re-index only the original objects.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Sounds too good to be true, cBass. I'll try it later tonight.
    Thanks for the help everyone.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Yeah I'm having this problem also, I will probably just take Kumba's advice....custom objects really suck because people mess around with a catagory dat and you get tons of duplicates....at least for me anyways :-\
  • NForce%s's Photo

Yeah I'm having this problem also, I will probably just take Kumba's advice....custom objects really suck because people mess around with a catagory dat and you get tons of duplicates....at least for me anyways :-\

View Post

Yeah, I know the topic's fairly old, but I just had to answer this ^.

Actually, the category, or theme group, .dat files don't really have an effect on what actual objects you have. The duplicates you get are more because people use someone else's object, make a minor change and thereby creating a 'duplicate'. Yes, it would be nice if people wouldn't do this, but it's not going to stop any time soon.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading