(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Phatage's actual pro-tour, released

• Phatage%s's Photo
    After reading this by Corky:

Well, it's not like we received a late entry from an enormously huge name so huge we're willing to make a huge exception to the rules and allow it or anything...

...I've decided that unless this site starts releasing the pt parks, I will release mine on rct2.com or something like that. Make an exception for that why don't you.

The countdown is 3 days. Any other fustrated pt entrant, please feel free to join me.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Whats the fuss? Iris said today was his goal, he seems to really want the last judge to get his scores in, he wants to start releaseing them from what I have seen. Not even like they are late yet.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    You think this is shit is legit?
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    This had better be some sort of joke, phatage. They've already explained that the judge's scores aren't all in yet. The last part was a joke about the late entries or "Mala's got some hidden entry and he's going to regain some glory".
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Haha... nice one, Phatage.

Seriously, who cares? They had to extend the fucking thing to get the entrants they have. If they let in a late entry, it just means there's more high-quality work being released...

-ACE
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Here comes another "Panic freaking out about something he probably shouldn't be freaking out about" post.

But seriously dude, you've come across a lot recently as overly self-confident to the point of sounding extremely stuck-up, whether inadvertently or not. "Here is a Schwarzkopf coaster, and I'm going to make the subtitle "you heard me" and the first post "now that i have your attention" because I know you guys will all be drooling and shocked the moment you read that it's my unfinished pro tour entry because I'm so great, and what's more I'm going to post "let it grow on you" right below it because I'm so confident of my skills." "Ok, now I'm going to do the same thing with the title in another release topic, except this time the threat is going to sound REAL - yes, I'm going to use the fact that people want to see my entry so much to get things moving with the Pro Tour, even though I'm bluffing about releasing it early." Not to mention the Ad District topic you started - you know, I might be totally missing the boat, but I interpreted your posting those tiny-ass teasers not as showing screens, but as almost taunting us because you knew we were so enamored with your work. It's absolutely true that I've never stopped liking your stuff, and few have, but you've seriously become something of a snob recently in my opinion. Independently, I wouldn't be freaking out about this topic, and wouldn't see it as anything more than someone being a bit impatient. But within the context of other stuff you've said, I don't view it as unique. So if you win five spotlights in a row, then there's no problem at all. Until that happens, I'm going to have to ask you to keep more of a lid on it.

Edited by Panic, 14 February 2006 - 08:50 PM.

• Phatage%s's Photo
    You can just shut up because you didn't half understand the stuff I've been doing in the past year or however long its been. Go philosophize about how you look further into a game to everybody and then when you think people read your posts, you then think you have some sort of authority here and people will listen to you. You want to call me conceited, look in the fuckin mirror. Tomorrow there will be two days left for me to do two clicks and pop my entry will be posted, I'm really fed up with it all. How about you work your ass off for collabos that never get built and tell me that I'm being impatient with this. I found mistakes in my entry that I would have liked to fix, and iris even sent me an email asking me how much longer I would need to finish my park, but I followed the rules. That schwarzkopf was only even made in the first place to pass the time for the pt to be announced, which was suppossed to be today, and maybe if you were actually in it I would think you could see from my pov but no. handandyg, this the opposite of you regarding jokes, meaning I'm dead serious.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Yes, well, I've had enough past experiences with realizing that my posts are actually not that great and insightful that I felt the need to be cautious here, rather than pretentious and overly confident that others would agree with me. Hence the first sentence of my previous post.

And recently I've only protested the notion that I can see however deeply into the nature of the game or something. Ask Iris about that one. I make my best effort not to sound as if I know what I'm talking about, because I know that chances are I really don't - I haven't built enough stuff to be able to stand on that pedestal.

Edited by Panic, 14 February 2006 - 09:04 PM.

• Highball%s's Photo
    Whoa! Animosity circle time, guys.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    So... you worked your ass off on your PT2 entry.... and now you're going to waste that work because results aren't coming in on time?

I don't get it. Honestly.

-ACE
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Come on, at least have some balls and stand up for what you believe in. If you really think that I'm conceited and all, don't retract it and try to cover up your ass, its not like we're on an internet site and like I don't know or care what your real name/where you live/etc. That's why I'm mad at the site in the first place, because it used to be the parkmakers owing up to NE and not the other fucking way around. You know, its bad timing really as my jazz band conductor is really pissing me off with the same shit, fucking douchbag who's probably not getting any tonite from his wife of all nights.

Just to make it clear that I'm not fucking kidding, here:
    http://www.weeweesla...il.asp?tid=9487
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Well, I'm not trying to start anything. I wish there was a nicer way to say what I said, but some of the examples seemed clear enough that I thought the way I referenced them was appropriate, if distasteful. It's not easy to try and remind someone to keep his ego more in check once in a while. I just felt it was necessary here, and some people that I talked to afterwards seconded that.

Edited by Panic, 14 February 2006 - 09:17 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo

Just to make it clear that I'm not fucking kidding, here:
    http://www.weeweesla...il.asp?tid=9487

View Post

i don't get it.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    No more jokes, Phatage. What exactly are you rebelling against? I understand where you're coming from, but did you ever think to consider that he was just joking? If there is really a late entry, will Corkscrewed or Iris please admit it, so we can get on with our lives? I think that you need to relax and see what you're really doing.

Edited by HandyAndyG, 14 February 2006 - 09:23 PM.

• Phatage%s's Photo
    You obviously don't see where I'm fucking coming from because you're not even involved with this no matter how many times you post in that ridiculous thread. I have a pm from iris telling me that he would give me extra time; I don't know if it was just for a few of us or all who didn't submit an entry in, which because of a mixup it did not appear in his mailbox until later, but the fact that it was even offered along with corky's post puts things in perspective. Its all this stupid quantity over quality stuff that I made my entire entry about last year among other things, and I thought that ne had finally moved somewhat forward since then but I guess I was wrong. I'm not even criticizing iris or anything like that, knowing him he probably had his part of the judging done way before all the others, but still everybody gets on his case when he tells someone who dropped out of the contest that they would have finished last anyway to get some motivation in them. He organizes these collabos and puts time and thought into organizing them, just any type of catylist to get more than one spotlight posted every half-year, and then 90% of the people bail out on him. Granted not everything the guy does is the right thing, as with all of us, but he and I are busting our asses for this site and its hard to keep doing so with things like this and I daresay ne3.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    We've all noticed a couple mistakes in our entries by now I'm sure. I forgot to build a path to a bathroom and there was some other little insignificant thing that I'm sure takes away from the polish of the park but whatever. If everyone had a defect like that it all balances out, and even if they don't it's still not a huge deal.

I guess I like the threat here because it really pulls for what I want too, the release of the PT parks. I hope they'll be one per day as before, not 2 everyother day or some shit like that, work it out so that it's one per day for the public, even if it means giving some else the responsibility of making the post because you're both busy on whatever day.

I mean the last couple place entries will give me an idea of I set my bar high enough when building because I'm thinking I aimed too low, even if the results are still my best work yet. Oh well. Hind sight is aways 20/20, the other way on the other hand is more like 0/20. Good luck to all entrents, personally I won't be taking any gambles like this but I greatly respect that you've got the balls to.

ride6
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Now I get it, Phatage. I see your point, now.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I'll also theorize that the reason for the delay is at least partially that the judges could be taking more time to write comments on the parks like what Pyro and Toon did last year. I might be wrong on that count though.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

We've all noticed a couple mistakes in our entries by now I'm sure.  I forgot to build a path to a bathroom and there was some other little insignificant thing that I'm sure takes away from the polish of the park but whatever.  If everyone had a defect like that it all balances out, and even if they don't it's still not a huge deal.

View Post

Though I didn't quote the whole thing, you summed up my feelings on the matter pretty well.

As far as mistakes, I've noticed a few small ones, such as forgetting fences here or there, forgetting to add plants a few places, etc. Not to mention that my park still was far from being as finished as I would've liked, as one whole corner of the map is mostly empty, which I'd planned on filling with two more sections. I've also noticed one big, really ugly mistake as a result of some last minute build-thoroughs, which I actually PM'd Iris about, to see if he would let me fix it for the download. But he never responded, which I assume means "no," which is certainly fair enough, since as Phatage mentioned, Iris did give me a few extra days to work on it (though I didn't sleep at all the night before I sent my park in, so my skills of observation when I was doing the final check were a little sloppy). Still, it would be nice to know that he got my message, since it is a mistake that I think really ruins the effect of my entrance.

As far as Phatage's last post, it sounds like you're mostly mad that you sent yours in on time and other people got extensions, and thus the release of the parks has been (possibly) delayed. Or more generally, that other people aren't putting enough of an effort into this, and thus the site, or something. Is that about right?

Anyways, hopefully we'll see some results before the day is through. Though it already is for some of you.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

As far as Phatage's last post, it sounds like you're mostly mad that you sent yours in on time and other people got extensions, and thus the release of the parks has been (possibly) delayed.  Or more generally, that other people aren't putting enough of an effort into this, and thus the site, or something.  Is that about right?

View Post

I think he's mad (read: pissed) that the results aren't getting posted and that's unfair to him.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading