(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Phatage's actual pro-tour, released

• Toon%s's Photo
    Toon's advice of the day:

Don't take every post made on this site seriously...sometimes admin's try to build suspense and not everything they say is the truth.
  • Old Red%s's Photo
    ...patience...or does someone need a diaper change...?...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    This can only be settled one way...

A BARBED WIRE FLAMEING TUMBTACK CAGE DEATHMATCH :idea: :woot: :birthday: :mad: :mantis: :party: :OMG: :devil: :spam:
  • iris%s's Photo
    Phatage chill the fuck out. Corkscrewed was joking. We're working on getting the pages set up and when we do we're posting the entries. There are 14 now, there were 14 by the deadline. Since when do you have absolutely no sense of humor?

Panic is an asset to this site. He is by far my favorite poster as of late because he actually puts thought and consideration into his posts. Just because you don't read them doesn't mean nobody does. Since when do you of all people speak for the entire site?

Just fucking relax. If you really want to release your park at RCT2.com, I'm not going to beg you not to. You're just the last person I expected to throw a hissy fit because we're....6 hours late on when we said we'd post them. Grow up.

PS - For the record...which collabo did you "put lots of work in" that went to shit? It's possible I'm just completely forgetting something but I don't remember that...unless you're talking about that LL project that had absolutely nothing to do with NE. There were a couple of collabo's you were scheduled to be a part of but neither even got really started as far as I knew.

I somewhat appreciate some of the sentiments you left in your last post but I need to stick up for the fellow staffers here at New Element. We're busting our balls trying to get things done in a time where RCT is nowhere near the same as it was. We're lucky if we get maybe 6 spotlights a year whereas we used to struggle to keep it under 12-15. Sure I offered you a couple extra days...I offered that to everyone who had assured me they were definitely entering and possibly needed an extra day or two. I did the same last year. I'm not going to risk the quality of the contest over a day or two if the person has put in the months of work to complete it.

I'm assuming you just had a rough day and took it out on the board...something I've done in the past. But the last thing you need is to turn some of the most valuable members at New Element against you. Cork and Panic (who will be pretty high up if NE3 ever gets established) are both usually nice enough to turn the other cheek in this manner, but you really look like an asshole with most of your posts throughout this topic.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Actually Kumba, I kind of like the sound of the last word in that phrase, taken out of context...
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    OH NOES GUYS! BREAK OUT THE FIRE HOSES. there is some HAWT RCT drama and threads going around. THIS SITE IS on FIRE!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    You know, when I posted that, I was pretending that Mala had sent something in late and we were allowing for that.

Honestly. That's the truth. And I was not aware that you had sent yours in late or whatever.

I dunno what you've gone through this year, so maybe it's been some combination of stress and depression and bad times that's gotten you moody or whatever, but c'mon. I joke like half the time I'm here. It's just that usually, I accompany it with about a dozen smilies. Only this time I don't, because I assumed people could pick out the sarcasm.

But to be honest, I am surprised that you out of all people would lash out like this, rather than have a little bit of patience. You have a life, but so do we, ya know. 19 units a semester is not fun when 16 is the regular full time max.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Geezuz. And I thought my wife & I argued a lot....holy fuck!

As an entrant of this contest, I felt compelled to post here, even though it will probably have little effect on what has already been said. But seriously Phatage, after reading this thread, this seems way out of character for you. I always thought of you as one of the most reserved and patient parkmakers on NE and this whole incident just seems, well, very strange, especially considering this is your second PT. Maybe you were just having a bad day, who knows. I won't make too many assumptions. Eitherway I do respect you as a fellow NE parkmaker and have always looked up to you, so I'm hoping this was just a fluke.

My views on the whole matter are similar to what Panic and Ride6 have said. I thought this contest was run pretty well considering the resources. I felt ample time was given to complete the given task. I also felt that last minute considerations for extensions were fair, given that every participant was offered one. I personally declined the offer too, which I did to preserve my promise to get an entry in on the originally scheduled due date. But seriously, what would have one or two extra days done for me? I could have plopped a few extra trees and bushes, maybe added a building or two, fixed a few things, but it would have been nothing that would have substantially increased the quality of my park. However, I do accept that some individuals actually needed the extension, even though I think 5 months was more than enough time. Excuses aside, the offer iris made was fair imo and you either took it or passed on it, period. If you passed it and later decided you needed it, tough titty. Thats my view on it. And as far as some of the commentary going on about "we just got a park from a huge name" and "only 14 judges left", its all playful hogwash. I honestly never took any of it literal.

I'll shut up now.
  • Dixi%s's Photo

OH NOES GUYS! BREAK OUT THE FIRE HOSES.  there is some HAWT RCT drama and threads going around.  THIS SITE IS on FIRE!

View Post

lmao - that pretty much summed my thoughts up....

This is one of the funniest threads about you know. Phatage grew impatient and merely a few post's later the site is in turmoil. Ahhh I love this so much, please, continue. :mantis:

Edited by Adonis, 15 February 2006 - 08:45 AM.

• posix%s's Photo
    i have no idea what's going on, really, because i'm lost about the extensions given and the troubles with the judges, but i'm worried because i think one of the last things this site needs is watch phatage leave to rct2.com :(
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

i have no idea what's going on, really, because i'm lost about the extensions given and the troubles with the judges, but i'm worried because i think one of the last things this site needs is watch phatage leave to rct2.com :(

View Post

Yes, this entire site rests in Phatage's small little masurbating machines. :\
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Phatage, if you want to take your ball and go home that's your right, but I think you should stick around. Within a few days we'll see the starts of what I suspect will be a pretty impressive assemblage of RCT parkmaking, and you deserve to be a part of that.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Can't we all just get along?

-Ryan
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I have a jazz band performance a week from today. My instructor is this dumbass that the school only hired because he attended it a couple of years ago to replace one of the best up and coming jazz musicians in the state due to some personality differences. This guy is a real douche, for reasons that one would have to be there to see, and I hate him almost more than anything I've ever hated before. It puts me in a real pissy mood because this guy doesn't know what he's doing, and he doesn't even have the balls to shut me up when I complain about him even though he thinks himself as it seems I think of myself from this thread. Its this lack of balls that makes me just so mad, and I have to make a formal appology to all of you because you do have balls, this site does, and its so easy to take out anger in writing and then to post it on a site is but a click away. I'm sorry, I was totally in the wrong.

For the record, however, I knew it was a joke, it just made me angry that this was all being taken so lightly when I would work long hours with my pt along with college apps, regular work, and a long distance relationship all in a couple of months. I was so tempted to just quit and never touch the game again, as with going to college next year it may happen then anyway, but I told iris I would get an entry in on time if an extension was given so I could work on it without having to worry about college apps and I was sure as hell going to keep to my word.

Anyway, sorry everybody.

Now please, lets see some pt parks.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    ^ Most jazz/band directors don't even know what the fuck they're doing. That's why I don't join the high school music programs.
  • iris%s's Photo
    No harm, no foul Phatage.
    Happens to the best of us.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading