(Archive) Advertising District / WBMWA

• bobo1981%s's Photo
    WBMWA

Welcome in the building topic from Warner Brothers Movie World Amsterdam. In this topic you will find the newest construction pictures and park updates. The park will be finsish in 2005 and before that there will be almost every month a update. It will be a park a realistic park that will be build from nothing.

2003 | February

The park has finished the building of the parking place and already have build al the paths in the park.

Posted Image

The first track is arrived. And is already for 2 coasters. We can see that the track is from B&M. The park not want to say what for types of coasters it are.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next month we can expect.:

- Toilets
    - Roller Coaster are further

2003 | March

After a month of hard building both coaster have arived there highest point . Also the park have finished al the toilets.

Posted Image

Update from the coasters. First Scream.

Posted Image

And second Superman Le Attraction Amsteram.

Posted Image

Next month we can expect:

- More Coasters
    - Entrance is Finseshed
    - Thrill Rides arriving.

2003 | April

The entrance
    Posted Image

New pics from Superman Le Attraction Amsterdam
    Posted Image

New pics from Scream
    Posted Image

The first Thrill are ariving.
    Posted Image

Sky picture.
    Posted Image

Next time we can expect:

- Thrill Rides wil be set on there point
    - Roller Coasters are getting the first supports
    - Puke Rides wil arive
    - The firs exiting update

2003 | Juni

Everything is seen one the next pictures.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Next time we can expect:

- Scream track will be finished.
    - Thrill Rides are finished
    - Puke Rides will set on there final destination.
    - Maybe new tack pieces.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    Try finishing a park before you start another.

What you have is pretty unfinished...but I guess that's what the park is supposed to look like. I like the scenery and architecture so far though.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I like the presentation of the park, but it is very unfinished by the looks of things. Your coasters look decent, though I can't really picture how they fit together... But the bits I do see (pretzel loop, double corkscrew) look very well done, and I especially enjoy the support work on both coasters. The color schemes are also good, thoughh they aren't anything new.

The architecture appears good, but all you've really shown are bathrooms, which aren't really exciting. The entrance area looks good, but it might be too minimalistic. I do enjoy the colors, and the treeing is decent as well.

My biggest complaint is that there is barely any landscape variation. Nearly the entire area is flat. While that is realistic of most amusement parks, RCT has for the most part become a recreation of theme parks, and theme parks take into consideration land height, shape, and variation. An aethetically pleasing park will have at least some land variation, both in texture, shape, angle, and foilage.

Keep up the work, but please show more work in the next update (ie, take your time).
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    I think he's trying to give off an effect of previews of a park in construction...
    My guess from the second and third screen.
  • bobo1981%s's Photo

Try finishing a park before you start another.

What you have is pretty unfinished...but I guess that's what the park is supposed to look like. I like the scenery and architecture so far though.

View Post

This is a park near to Amsterdam. And in Holland we don't have height difference. Everything is flat.
  • Enigmatic%s's Photo
    You confuse me with your time distortion.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    ^Will somebody ban that fruitcake already? He's getting really annoying.
  • Enigmatic%s's Photo
    Wouldn't that apply to you as well, HAG? I mean, with a name like that, I'd say you're the fruit.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I really enjoy this approach to park making.
  • bobo1981%s's Photo
    2003 | Augustus

A lot have happened in the last 2 months. But the importantest is that Scream is being deleted out of the park. In place of that thete come's Scream 2 a Vekoma SLC cutsom

Scream2!
    Posted Image

Thrill Rides
    Posted Image

Superman Le Attraction Amsterdam is finished.
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

New coaster have arived.
    Posted Image

Puke rides
    Posted Image
    Posted Image

Next time we acpect :

- New roller coaster is finnished
    - Puke Rides are finished
    - 2 new restautents
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    If your going for realism

You definatly need a longer brakerun on superman. I suggest have an initial brake run after it drops down through the station (which is cool) and turns right. Then have a turnaround into the block brakes before the station. Remember to have the block brake and/or brake run at least the size of the train.
    You may want to consider having a transfer track considering there are 2 trains i can see running.

Footers for rollercoasters in water generally, from my experience, start above the water line and proceed down to the bottom.

The supporting you have is good but not very realisitc (except maybe the SLC and some supporting on the B&M). Try various rollercoaster sites to get some real insipration, especially for the schwarztkopf.

Try adding some more bushs and/or flowers to the woodland areas, and it looks fine at the moment but i feel you might have over-treed just a tad.

I think you will find that the jets on a top spin are under the car not one space infront. just add some water tiles (preferably 1/4) on the ride base, use a waterfall to link that with the water you have and it will look better.

That's all for now. keep building and have fun.

..::RCTFAN::..
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    that first screen actually looks really cool.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Well from what i see it dont look that bad. RCTFAN covered up a lot. But one thing is that your cat walk on your new coaster looks far away from the track. Try and fix that up, but for the most part, it looks nice. Really undone though. But for your Vekoma theres something about that layout i dislike and find unrealistic. Maybe because the drop goes right into the heart line roll or your roll over is pretty far away from where the drop begins, im not too sure. But the elements are real for a Vekoma. Screens aint too bad, keep it up.
  • bobo1981%s's Photo

that first screen actually looks really cool.

View Post

I understand you re meaning of the catwalk from te new coaster. The problem is that is I put that higher than if you look from the other side of the coaster it will be flying above the track. I have tried tot build it as realistic as possible. So in the middle. ;)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    you quoted the wrong person. ;P
  • Steve%s's Photo
    The orange coaster looks great. Seems like a pretty nice layout.
    I also like how the Superman coaster goes thru the station, but that strikes me as unrealistic (even though I could be wrong); even though its a very nice idea.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Steve, Im sure you have heard of Thunderhead?

-Ryan
  • bobo1981%s's Photo
    Januari 2004

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Guestking bob%s's Photo
    those are some pretty big supports for such a small coaster. also, looking at your overview, the station for superman looks really wierd.
    other than that it looks really good. keep it up!
  • petrov%s's Photo
    Really like the layout of scream 2 and supermans looking pretty good especially incorporating the track with the station.

The only criticism i have is the stations a little too boxy, maybe a bit too tall? Im not keen on the green supports for the schwarzkopf, they seem to overpower the layout of the coaster and look unrealistic but its entirely up to you.

im glad to see guests in the park, keep up the good work! :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading