General Chat / The Offical Photography Thread

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Those are in the plans one day if I decide to actually organize myself to do something like this. But I'm too lazy to set up the business side of it (nor do I have the time due to work). :lol:

Thanks for the compliments! :)

Posted Image

Love the silhouette action! Although I wonder how it looks if you cropped out everything but the castle itself, or left part of whatever it is that's just to the right of it (to act as a framing element). Great sky, though!
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Get the car in perfect focus and clarity, w/o blurs, while blurring the road and you've got yourself a SIIIIICK magazine-worthy shot. As is, it's still pretty nice!
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Ill need a mount for that haha. But I think i did pretty good just for sticking my arm out the window! haha
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Nikon D300 - Sigma 10-20 f/4 @ 10mm f/5.6 - ISO400 - 1/250s
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Are those people or wildlife in the water in the middle? Or nothing lol. Great shot though, it'd be awesome if you could start seeing stars at the very top.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Those are people. Two standing on the left and three sitting on the right.
    Maybe a little hard to figure out at 800px ...

Stars in the sky would be awesome indeed, but I didn't see any at that time. Photoshop might help. ;)

Taking the shot was a lot of fun, as I had seen a lot of other pictures from this place before and later found the same shot in a photo book from a famous german photographer, just without the people.
    The way back to the car was not that much fun though. About two hours through a dark forest with wild pigs around us and at that time of the year they are not very friendly towards humans in general.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Ill need a mount for that haha. But I think i did pretty good just for sticking my arm out the window! haha

Yes indeed, you did! :)

Magnus, SICK shot. That's absolutely gorgeous!

--

I've posted new pics from SoCal's two best Halloween events, as well as the last pics from my Italy trip, from Cinque Terre.

Knott's Scary Farm:
    http://www.corkscrew...lery/index.html

Universal Studios Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights:

Cinque Terre:

You might have to refresh the page. :)
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Shitty point and shoot camera with a slightly dirty lens. Shot turned out great, though, considering.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Just stopping by to tell you I am doing a photograph for a local company that will be printed in 5mx3.3m (16'5''x10'10'') for a trade fair.

Not allowed to post the picture however. Might get the rights at the end of this year, so that I can show it to you next year.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Congrats on getting published!

Getting paid?
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Not even watermarked?
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    No, I do not watermark my pictures. It only makes sense if you put the watermark all over the image making it really big and that ruins every picture.
    However, I only release 800x600px previews on the internet, often not even finished work. So it hardly makes sense to steal these pictures. I still have the high resolution picture which should be used for printing anyways.

About getting paid, the problem is they cannot pay me as I do not have a registered business. Stupid German tax law. Well, there might be a new flash in my photo bag soon. ;)

Hopefully a small proof version of the picture will be delivered tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing the colours on that surface.
  • sixflagsfreak56%s's Photo
    Here are some of my best pictures from our recent Eastern Sate Penitentiary trip we took for my photography 2 class.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    second and forth are the best
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    1) Overexposed. (+0,33EV and the middle of your picture is a little darker than neutral gray. -0,33EV or -0,67EV would have been better.
    2) Pretty good. You were going for a claustrophobic feel, which works pretty good here. The problem you are running into is, that the corridor is way too wide. It might have looked better with a wide angle lens. (You most likely had to use the 50mm/1.8, so you can't do a lot about that.)
    3) blurred, overexposed. Not to my liking.
    4) Best shot here. Would have been even better with a smaller aperture (f/10 or f/13), but you need a tripod for that. Push the middles a little, to get more detail into the enlightened wall parts. HDR would have worked here very good, as you would not loose the details of the windows and can get a lot more details into the wall parts. Again you need a tripod for that.
    5) Make sure all of the window is sharp. f/1.8 gives you a very shallow dof and you have not been exactly parallel to the window.

All the pictures need some sharpening. Creating the smaller versions for web makes every picture look a little fuzzy.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Tough crit. :p I don't think my eye is discerning enough to notice half of what you said there (mainly related to aperture). But the fourth one is definitely the best one, while the second shot is pretty nice as well!
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    nothing too serious, just me fooling around with an old 35mm in my backyard.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Tough crit. :p

Thought you know me. ;)
    I'm a perfectionist.
  • artist%s's Photo
    Magnus and Cork your photos are amazing.

Here are a few of mine. They're pretty shite.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yup.

Tags

• No Tags