(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / ShriekingWood: Wooden Coaster

• zburns999%s's Photo
    Hey guys. I just wanted to post my entry for RCPro's Pro-Designs contest. The contest was called off because of some problems with the games section and opening the files. As for the contest, it was to see who could build the best wooden coaster themed after an original Asian beast. I did my entry in about 8 hours, so it was obviously rushed. If your bored, just give it a download, because with the exception of an ovious lack of a lot of archy, the coaster is fun to watch, and I actually tried some landscaping, which I never do. Oh, and by the way, we had to create a story about our "beast," so you can read that below. (Warning: Contains cheesy content)

ShriekingWood-By Zburns999

Once there was a dense forest in Eastern Asia, looming over a small village of farmers. For years, these villagers lived in fear of the forest, for it was like none other on Earth. Some remaining accounts left by the villagers describe strange noises and movements coming from the forest, too large for any known animal. “It is like the forest is alive,” one farmer wrote. “The trees move and talk. They make loud, high pitched noises. It is like the trees shriek.”
    Many years later, the village and its inhabitants had long since left, but the forest remained. But one day, a logging company arrived to cut down the forest for wood. The same wood now lives as the form of a wooden roller coaster. This is where the story ends. Now, dare to climb aboard ShriekingWood, and conquer the living, breathing, shrieking roller coaster.

Posted Image

Posted Image[/

And the download...
    http://rapidshare.de...esigns.SV6.html

Edited by zburns999, 21 March 2006 - 08:39 PM.

• Panic%s's Photo

Once there was a dense forest in Eastern Asia, looming over a small village of farmers. For years, these villagers lived in fear of the forest, for it was like none other on Earth.

I would think they lived in fear of the forest because it contained a disturbing amount of horrid-looking WWlike trees. ;)
    It's not your fault how they look, of course, but you should be more discriminating in your tree selection, because this really looks like you had too many options to know how to choose from well. It helps to start with a smaller selection and then work your way up in number, which I'd strongly recommend you do on your next project.
    The layout looks kind of cool though, certainly distinctive.

Edited by Panic, 21 March 2006 - 09:27 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading