Pro Tour 2 / PT2 Reviews

• Kumba%s's Photo
    PT2 Review

I just wanted to start this extra topic for people who want to give detailed final overall feedback.

Here are my favorite parks in order...

#14 Rugged Range by Old Red

I really like a few parts like the waterfalls, the forest fires, the duelers, the go-karts and the observation tower. What brings it down to last for me is the lack of spaced used and number of trees all over.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- I really liked how the coasters dived under the waterfall.
    - The waterfall itself was executed greatly, I love the detail with the ripples.

#13 Memory Lane by Kumba

Ok, I am adding my own park and not putting it last, but im already a cocky ass, so its ok! I was very happy with the feedback it got, but if there is a PT3 I will be winning it to make up for this ;)

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- I am known for details and imo this park had one of my best ever, did anyone notice the in-pool masseuse?
    - That not a window, its a dart board :p
    - Diplomatic Dinosaurs, no info needed :SA:

#12 The Genesis by Magnus

A lot like GCC, no matter how much Magnus will say its not, but I still enjoyed what was there, coz like mine very little map was used, but at leased his had a theme-matic reason for it. Good work, but just not enough and what you did do was not that amazing.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- I loved the elevators to the station and the station itself, awsome work there.
    - I am not sure why, but I really liked how the mine train coaster looked ontop of the clouds.

#11 Cinemagix by Six Frags

Pretty nice stuff, I enjoyed just about all of the archy and the some of the coasters. What keeps it low on my list is the sever lack of theming and minimal amount of creativity. I hope you shake things up more, coz if not you might end up getting repetitive like Junya Boy did.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- As you can see the park opened to the part I think was the best, witch is not that great coz wherever else I went it did not get better imo. Great use, of landblocks here.
    - The plants growing on the rooves looked great.

#10 Mossflower Wood by Jazz

Filling a map pays off, you stunned us all by beating out 5 people when you were expected by most to place dead last. The park was alright, just nothing we have not seen before.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- I liked this waterfall alongside both towers.
    - Nice balcony, good pot stacking to make pilers I guess.

#9 En Midvinternattsdröm by d4rkj4nu5

Awesome city look, great job there, but I really like seeing rides and themepark stuff and for some reason I get the feeling you copied the buildings of a picture or vedio game and I take some points off for that. Overall it was really fun to look around, great idea.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- Nice walkway from the building to the elevator, I love always like a good walkover or sky bridge.
    - The trees in front of the building are a very realistic touch, nice detail.
    - I think that’s a gantry crane? Whatever it is I really like it. POP :mantis:

#8 Ecstasy Summit by JKay

Very enjoyable, I loved the entrance area for many reasons. All the areas were very good and your coasters are there best yet in this park. Still I dislike things like the buildings that having no signs or anything in them, that’s just poor planning imo. Overall I really enjoyed tho.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- Not sure why, but I really liked that shop in the top left corner.
    - Great interactive loop.
    - As stupid as it sounds I think I liked the ride entry and exits best in the park. I could not fit it all in the pic, but circled is like half of one of the best imo.

#7 Euphoria City by ride6

Awesome little entry, very solid, but not that many part were exactly that great, just pretty nice. I really liked the landscaping, very nice use of red textures. Nice work placing so high in the contest and getting that NE Parkmaker spot, its about time you got some respect around here.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- I loved the cultivation canal and its detail was awesome, one of my favorite things in the entire contest
    - I like that little station for some reason
    - Nice support details for that dueler

#6 Sea World Brisbane by Steve

Now this park had some "wow factor" to go with it. I really enjoyed the pirate theme and that quest for Kidd ride was amazing, so was the theater, and the area for the B&M coaster. What holds it back is the inconsistency, the other side of the park just does not match the other side. Sorry about the grinching, I think it should have placed about where I have it here, give or take...

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- I really loved the baskets and barrel shops, I like it a lot when people make a shop for one specific thing and theme to it like you did here, wonderful work.
    - The hacked roof was pulled off very well, you should work with coaster track more, coz you are pretty good with it.
    - Awesome little cage at the end of the Q, if only we knew that lives in it! :mad:
    - Nice detail with the pots, you see that in a lot of real life parks.

#5 Zodiac Thrills by cBass

Now this shit was awesome, great work filling the map with a theme that people alreddy know and everyone looking at the park has an area devoted to there sign, now thats awesome... unless your a flaming goat head :foc:

To bad you could not repeat, that is a hell of a thing to pull off, I doubt even Phatage could do it if we have a PT3, but still I really, really liked this park, your work is just so much fun and to me that is what the game is all about.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- Amazing area, the big fish made of blocks look like the jelly ones kids eat :lol:
    - The "glass wall to view underwater stuff" has been used a shitload of times, but I can't remember anyone with the foresight to use the rounded one, even me :idea: I loved that detail.
    - Awesome arrow tip.

#4 Busch Gardens Sydney by Phatage

Well you may not make my top 3, but you won $100, so what do I know ;) The park was totally sick, the detail and ideas were awsome, but what keeps it out of my highest ranks is the crowding, realistic or not, I just don't like it one bit, the park ends up being hard to enjoy imo.

After peeling my eyes to get a look I was able to enjoy many things in the park, mainly all the stuff related to water (Waterpark and Log flume). You had some much great stuff in this park its hard to go over all of it. Lastly what happened to doing something like cBass did in Escher? Or maybe I am mistaken that I heard you say something about that, I was really expecting more then this from you, still it was truly awesome, but had a few faults.

My Favorite part

Posted Image

- The hacked lights = awesome, I would have used steeplechase track myself, but you still pulled it off very well.
    - That wheel hack is totally awesome, I love how you put in the tip of the thrust coaster tower as a centerpiece and I did not miss the awesome wooden coaster loading platform hacked inside.
    - Toon's block as a support brace was a great realistic touch, there were so many on the coaster, likely the most realistic B&M ever made in RCT.
    - Its very hard to make out in the screen, but I love what you did in the extreme up right hand corner hacking the land blocks 3x to make a small fire, little things like that are very enjoyable to find when looking over a park.

#3 Tièrre Mòrtica by Corkscrewed

Whoa, now that’s what I call using space, not a rock on themed or something, the park was awesome, no doubt about that, what I liked best was the cliff and the wooden coaster, you really need to make more of those, coz that coaster was outstanding.

Now what keeps this park out of my two highest spots is the atmosphere. You call my solo's Morbid screen "gross", but make a park where people are drained of there blood when they are still alive? Ok, I am calling bullshit on that one. Really the setting is not any fun at all, its barely even a park, having rides in the park even seems forced. If it was not for the skill and the ability to make up an all new language this would have placed pretty low on my list, but you got the goods.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- The chopping block was a great touch.
    - Great idea with the holding brake, and thx for getting me to figure out the meaning (A beheading).
    - 666 caged peeps about to be killed, now if that’s not cool I don't know what is :birthday:
    - Its not at the right angle, but that cascading blood waterfall was really neat.

#2 Disney Air by Xcoaster

WOW, my jaw was on the floor as I looked around, the details are the best I have ever seen in RCT. I can't remember seeing a park this ahead of its time since Fantastic Wonders. So many things I can point out, what truly impressed me was how use used coaster track to enhance so many things all over the park.

This park was extremely close to getting my #1 spot, but only about 75% of it seemed done, due to the detail you used it is almost understandable. Also parts were a little to cramped and I was not that wild about the flying coasters layout. Maybe you and Steve will finish both your entry’s 100%, id love to see that. Congrats on such an outstanding park, imo the most groundbreaking in an otherwise non-ground braking contest.

My Favorite parts:

Posted Image

- The pistons hack, so fucking cool, best detail in the contest imo.
    - The tube had so many things I liked...
    + The single rail coaster for the spine.
    + The bobsled supporting the base.
    + The smoke/fog for added effect.
    - That tiny circle is of the astronauts club telescope even tho you can't see it.
    - How do you make a window into such an amazing door?
    - As Phatage pointed out, glass viewing area for the station = awesomeness.
    - Another view able station for around the world in 80 days, and so much extreme Disney car ride realism packed in.
    - Wright brothers bike, what an idea, if only it could fly :lol:
    - Custom sun and moon, great touch.
    - Hacked wall slant as an awning, not why did I not think of it when I invented that hack! :p

#1 The Time Machine by X250

Overall just the most solid piece of parkmaking in the contest imo, so its my #1 pick. I think your theme execution was amazing, the War and future areas were both flawless, the Dino area was also close to being that good, but it was just not as creative. What I liked was how clear and well laid out the park was, it was esay to view unlike some of the other really amazing parks in the contest.

The only real bad thing in the park was the centerpiece, that nearly ruins it, but lucky for you all the other parks have downsides, but your up sides make up for it enough. Overall this is what I think parking should be, great idea and concepts with vibrant atmospheres. Very close with all my top 4 picks, in the end I went this way, coz it just has the best overall execution imo. Outstanding work bro, I can't wait for your solo to drop.

My Favorite part:

Posted Image

- I loved those landmines, sure I did them first in PA, but I used a lily pad :evil:
    - The station has the perfect look of a war themed building that must have been very hard to pull off.
    - Its really nice how you use the edge of the map and trench drill was a perfect ride for it.
    - Nice tower that spitfire zooms up, great overgrown feel.
    - Loving the fire blast from the tank.
    - Forgot to circle one of them, but the little multi hacked mortar bombs or whatever were a very nice detail

Amazing contest guys, I can't wait to see what might come next, Parkmaking was brought to a new level with the Pro Tour 2.

Thank you to all 13 of you, for your entry's that beat mine :nod:
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    You picked out some very interesting details.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LMAO... turquoise Swedish fish! :wub:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Ok, my 2,300+ Word review is finally done. :drool:

I even tossed in a once in a lifetime spellcheck :OMG:

Enjoy;)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LOL. But Kumba, I think you missed the point that my "park" wasn't really a park. See, if your solo isn't meant to be a park, I wouldn't complain about a crab puke cafe. But your park is meant to be a park, whereas mine is meant to be a world. Therefore, it's okay for me to have victims drained of their blood. :D

Thanks for all of that, in all seriousness. Definitely cool of you to go through all that effort... even though the Heat totally blew their game. :p
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Stop making everything about you, dammit.
  • egg_head%s's Photo

Posted Image

- I really loved the baskets and barrel shops, I like it a lot when people make a shop for one specific thing and theme to it like you did here, wonderful work.
    - The hacked roof was pulled off very well, you should work with coaster track more, coz you are pretty good with it.
    - Awesome little cage at the end of the Q, if only we knew that lives in it! :mad:
    - Nice detail with the pots, you see that in a lot of real life parks.

View Post

It's no cage... it's the controlpanel for the ride i think. :p
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Turtle, was that comment aimed at Kumba?

Kumba, nice thread. It gave me a good reason to kill 15 minutes this morning. :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo

LOL.  But Kumba, I think you missed the point that my "park" wasn't really a park.  See, if your solo isn't meant to be a park, I wouldn't complain about a crab puke cafe.  But your park is meant to be a park, whereas mine is meant to be a world.  Therefore, it's okay for me to have victims drained of their blood.  :D

Thanks for all of that, in all seriousness.  Definitely cool of you to go through all that effort... even though the Heat totally blew their game. :p

View Post

You saying that a themepark can't have areas themed to a world? I will remove the puke btw, I am trying to tone down parts of it a bit.

Anyone else gona post a review? I did not mean for this to just be mine, I was hoping others would share.
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    ^Why not then
    If you would compare the judgings I am about to post to my post in the personal judging they show lots of difference, and it will probably change every day. It's really hard to place some of the parks.

Here you go: (Replaced the images for links)

14 - Memorylane

Screen 1
    Screen 2

-I really liked the action in the first screen, it shows a lot of possibility, if only you used it better.
    - the object use in the second screen was just so good, looks like you know your way around them!

I ended up placing this the lowest because it just didn't have anything. It shows you're crazy, and it was a funny park to look through... for about 15 minutes. If only you had real built a park, you would end up much higher than this.

13 - Rugged Range

No screens

I'm not able to open the park anymore, strange. From what I remeber it was really sad the go-karts didn't work, and at least you did something with the map space. I felt a great atmosphere though, reminds me of a place in france. The waterfalls looked good, and funny to have the duelers go underneath it. But that was all to it. I ended up placing this above Kumba's because you at least filled the map, and you had a really nice atmosphere

12 - Genesis

Screen1
    Screen2

-I fell in love with this part, the swans were so charming. And the tubs I really enjoyed, you overloaded it a bit with pink flowers, but it doesn't bother me for some reason
    -Very quiet area, just the soarin of a smooth coaster, I really loved it.

I was very much impressed by this park, and at first placed it much higher, but it didn't grow on me. I had fun reading through the signs, maybe you could have done all of those '1. I'm the lord to your God' things. (Don't know the English word for it)
    The 4D didn't really appeal to me, and the Vertical was a bit simple. Really like the Halo! And the best part was of course the island with the swans. No complaints on that! Really nice idea, and you used the mapspace with some clouds, but actually it was also small. So it ended up third to last on my list.

11 - Midvinter

Screen1
    Screen2

- Really liked this more peaceful part, away from the city. the foliage on the roofs works excellent
    - also a bit more quiet area of the city, really like the softer colours on the buildings here. Love the door and its surrounding foliage in the upper left.

This was an amazing entry, and really hard to place on the list. But it didn't have a real ride which brought it down, could have been 6th or so if it had(depending). The atmosphere was simply amazing, I admire your way of bulding, how you can go so high without losing a bit of its touch. The prison and Ice-lighthouse buildings also brought it down a bit.

10 - Tierra Mortic

Screen1
    Screen2

-A somewhat brighter more peaceful part. The minne ride I really liked, and the brifge in the downright was neat.
    - Again a more peaceful part, I liked the boulevard row of buildings, but also wanted to show that amazing bridge.

Kicking off my top ten! At first I didn't bother for this, the tired people were funny and the not black part I could go with. But the black part I just hated! It did grow a little bit on me, but still I find it nothng, I don't see what everyone else sees in this perhaps. You have nice buildings, and if you had used it otherwise, concerning the colours, I would have liked it so much better!

9-1 Comin' ASAP , just wanted to post these already. :) .
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

You saying that a themepark can't have areas themed to a world? I will remove the puke btw, I am trying to tone down parts of it a bit.

Anyone else gona post a review? I did not mean for this to just be mine, I was hoping others would share.

View Post

Erm... huh? I'm saying that if you're making a theme park that's meant to be a park, then you shouldn't have a theme that's meant to gross people out (unless it's some Fear Factor themed area), whereas if you're making an RCT "park" that's meant more to be a representation of some mythical world (and thus not meant to be a park), then something more extreme like that would be okay. It's all about representation. ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Does it need to be called "Fear factor" tho? Thats pretty much what is is, just a sorta world of fear and morbidness.

Like my socratic method of questioning? ;)

Also thx for a second review Akasha
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo

9-1 Comin' ASAP , just wanted to post these already. :) .

View Post

Just dont make your pics .bmps this time.

-Ryan
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Does it need to be called "Fear factor" tho? Thats pretty much what is is, just a sorta world of fear and morbidness.

Like my socratic method of questioning? ;)

Also thx for a second review Akasha

View Post

Erm, yes it does. Because if it doesn't, there's zero chance I'll make it a Spotlight. :p

And if it does... then we'll see. :D
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yes, that comment was indeed aimed at Kumba.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading