• thirteen%s's Photo
    Hi and Hello :)

Glad you visited this topic :)

Here i am releasing my Coaster Design "Asteroids". This design was built for the RCT FURY
    Contest "Knockout". It was the first round and i won ;)

I thought about sending it in for a design but I release it here. Anyways.
    I really like this design because its kind of special and not the normal "inka-ish themes-floorless coaster" designs

Here you got a READ ME extract to know what i am talking about:

Story
    ~~~~~

"Asteroids" deals with a normal countryside with a little village, where 10 years ago 2 asteroids
    crashed down. A big one and a small one. The asteroids disappeared, but they left craters. A big
    and a small one. Since the Asteroids fell down the people, and even the nature changed a lot in the
    region. The people often go crazy and change their life completely. It is like a epidemic around
    the craters.

Because of this a serious organization wanted to clear up the problems which came obviously with
    the asteroids. They built the "ASTEROIR RESEARCH TRAIN". This Steel Giga Coaster runs through
    all the mysterious spots in and around the craters and tries to find out what is really going on.

Come, ride the " A S T " and see the real dimension!

The whole readme you can find in the RAR archive you will (probably download) the read me
    includes a short explanation of the things you see in the park and some notes from myself.

Now we come to the exciting part for you.
    Screens

Here you got the Overview:
    Posted Image

now some more detailed shots:

Posted Image
    (Station of the AST)

Posted Image
    (Cafe Astractica)

Posted Image
    (Centrifuge)

Posted Image
    (just look)

Posted Image
    (crying aliens phenomena)

Posted Image
    (some hidden features like the Alien Transport pipes)

Posted Image
    (foliage)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok the Screenshotmarathon is over.

You can download the park + read me here:

DOWNLOAD

I really thank you for visiting this topic and mybe downloading the park. I would apreciate it
    if you comment it a bit.

Because i won the round there will be a second park, i will present this one when its done.

See ya guys :)

T h i r t e e n

Edited by thirteen, 24 March 2006 - 06:59 AM.

• Akasha%s's Photo
    Congrats on the win! Looking at the screens makes me wanna download it... so I will :) .
    Love where it goes off the map and over the landblocks.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Soem of the ideas look quite good, but from the overview it looks like it needs a few more buildings.
  • thirteen%s's Photo
    we had only 2 weeks time to create it
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    It was nice in a way. You did a good job on the coaster, including the first drop and high hill, that's the only good way to start a Giga. It had two very slow points though. But the supports and other parts made up for it!
    The landsaping was nice, you made very good craters. (I thirst thought you named the small one 'LL Crater' ;P )I don't understand why there's a brain in the big crater, and how you named so many things after aliens, since it's still on earth.
    Very nice foliage, just taking the foliage without the further backgrounds. Better not to put it in the craters, and usually there doesn't grow that much around craters, not in ten years time. so that was strangee about it.
    The buildings I liked, looking at them separately, but if you hadn't placed them with a small distance in between, it wouldn't look good, they're just too different.
    Since this was built in just two weeks, It's really good. Again congrats on the contest win.
  • X250%s's Photo
    Looks decent, will take a look in a sec. Congrats on the win!

-X-
  • J K%s's Photo
    Yes he faces me in the next round :) You know i love this park my friend and it was a really strong entry to open the clubs contest.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

I don't understand why there's a brain in the big crater, and how you named so many things after aliens, since it's still on earth.

It's a fairly standard sci-fi/horror plot device that allows a creature to be introduced into society. A meteor crashes to Earth (though it's usually a spaceship in disguise), the meteorite is discovered by some poor unsuspecting farmer/stupid teenager, and some horrible alien monstrousity rises out of the crater and causes havoc among the town. A few common examples of this story: Men in Black, H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour out of Space, Steven King's The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill (aka, rehash of H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour out of Space, but with King's "special" touch), The Blob, War of the Worlds, Doomsday on Justice League, etc. And those are just the ones that immediately come to mind, usually due to having seen them in some form or another recently, so you get the picture.

Very nice foliage, just taking the foliage without the further backgrounds.  Better not to put it in the craters, and usually there doesn't grow that much around craters, not in ten years time. so that was strangee about it.

Eh, with craters that small and already in a forested area, the foliage probably wouldn't take that long to regrow, assuming the impact didn't knock down everything in the area. Plus, keep in mind the whole sci-fi aspect of this. In King's story, the meteor caused a huge increase in plant growth (on everything), while in Lovecraft's story it merely affected the plant life in unusual ways.

Anyways, I downloaded the park. It looks promising.
  • postit%s's Photo
    You already know my feelings, but I'd just like to add that this was one hell of a job for 2 weeks. I thought the coaster could have been a little bit better, but everything else more than made up for it. I predicted you from the beginning to win it all, so will J K spoil your chances?

Edited by postit, 24 March 2006 - 06:19 PM.

• RCTCA%s's Photo
    Looks great! Some of your best work. :) Can't wait to see it in game. ;)

[PM]
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    So the aliens are brainwashing all the people and making them commit suicide? It seemed somewhat interesting, but not incredibly. You're still improving, so I look to seeing some more work. I was hoping for something like the classic arcade game.

Edited by HandyAndyG, 24 March 2006 - 07:46 PM.

• thirteen%s's Photo
    thank you all for your reviews and downloads.

I just put those crazy ideas i had together, i did not thought about every single
    detail if it is making sense or not. For that I just had not the time.

You're right when you say the coaster is sometimes a bit slow and poor, but i am
    not a pro-coaster builder. I just built it like i wanted it and how i thought it looks
    cool and fast and roaring and... you know

The sucidide spots were a quick idea too, handyandyg explained it really good.
    The brain were a quick idea too. there had to be something eye catching in the
    center of the big crater but I couldnt come up with a ship, i tried but i could not pull
    it off like i thought i can.

Well, the next round i have to face JK, that will be hard, so i think the next one
    will have a better quality or... well we'll see.

Again thank you ;)
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Link isn't working....
  • thirteen%s's Photo
    if the link does not work (i dont know why) go here: http://mitglied.lyco...ases/Asteroids/

and click the rar file
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Hi!

Very nice ideas in that one, but I've told you this before!
    I really like how you finished such a good idea in only 2 weeks.

I hope I've helped you a little bit on that project!

Asteroids was a crazy and fix idea of myself. I did not wanted to create a normal theme park
    or a floorless coaster with inka design, that I saw millions of times.

LOL ^^

MFG

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading