News / Weekly Walkthrough #1

• iris%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Finally, our first Weekly Walkthrough goes up.
    Coaster Ed does a great job with his walkthrough of Sandia Peaks by Joe Holland, a park that has never really gotten it's just due. It was intended to be 2Star's Opening Spotlight, but 2Stars opening never happened. The park was never formally released, but download it & read all about it here.

Thanks a lot Coaster Ed!
    New review from either PyroPenguin or Chauncey Gardner next week.

Sandia Peaks Walkthru -Coaster Ed
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    The review is nice, but I can't seem to find a link to the download of the park.
  • Xcitement%s's Photo
    wheres the d/l at?
  • iris%s's Photo
    OK, I'll add the download. My mistake.
    But how about people comment on the walkthrough instead of bitching about the download? Robo said it was missing, it's not like I need more then 1 person to tell me.

Just comment on what you thought of Ed's walkthrough, and of the park if you see it.
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo
    Uhh...the walkthrough was great...the park sucks though...just my opinion.

BiO
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    Walkthrough was sweet...great job Coaster Ed

The park is good considering that it is back in the day....

Yes...i wasnt around then but seeing parks from then are likeing seeing old cars...sweet, but not up to new style, but people still love them!
  • Drew%s's Photo
    You did one hell of a job Coaster Ed... I enjoyed reading the walkthrough and I liked the screen with "Apache Star". I love his Mexican type buildings with the wil mouse tracks to serve as ladders.

I can't wait to download the park. It will be nice to see an older style park for a change. :yup:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well I don't really have much to say about this walkthrough. I hope people enjoy it, I tried to make it fun and interesting to read rather than the dry park commentarys I usually post. If you had a good time reading it than I'm happy. If you can't tell I pretty much worship Joe Holland and this is his best work I think so it was really a privelage to reintroduce peeps to this park which is just as amazing for it's design and originality today as it was when it was finished however long ago. More walkthroughs are on the way and some of the park selections will definately surprise you ;)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    it was really nice and so is the park.. great job!
  • mantis%s's Photo

I hope people enjoy it, I tried to make it fun and interesting to read rather than the dry park commentarys I usually post.

I kinda prefer the dry commentary (more detail, more interest), but this was also fun to read. I was hoping you'd pick up more on the actual style/purpose of some of the theming, but I suppose a walkthrough is more of a surface-scan of a park.

Thanks for the great read :)
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    The walkthrough was great to read. it was fun and intresting :)
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Very nice. That is one of the best walkthroughs I've read in quite some time.

I liked the park for its realism, not much else to say, but it was realistic. Very traditional style, and its nice to see that after seeing so much modern building lately, but still, not much else to comment on.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading