(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / "OLD TOWNE"

• Beejer%s's Photo
    Hi gang,

In an effort not to repeat myself creatively, here's a park that while may be boring and un-original to many, was still new for me. Also I would like to thank "Ride6" for his input. I'll skip all the babbling and go right to the park. Here is "OLD TOWNE".

Middle area of the lower part of the park
    Posted Image

An underground/indoor track that breifly appears midway
    Posted Image

A pair of dueling coasters that runs through the town
    Posted Image

A small island connected to "OLD TOWNE"
    Posted Image

A Splash boat water ride that features a 75MPH final drop.
    Posted Image

The upper part of town on the left and top, the train station mid right and a covered water ride(Pedaling boats) bottom right
    Posted Image

A Rapids ride built into the river utilizing the natural screnery
    Posted Image

If anyone wants to download the park, click on the link below

http://www.rctd.ft6....ads/OldTown.zip

Beejer

Edited by Beejer, 06 April 2006 - 06:53 AM.

• hobbes%s's Photo
    I knew this was from you as soon as I saw the first screen. You have such a remarkable style, and while I can't say that I enjoyed it in the past, this new park does look really really good. I'm very impressed, Beejer. I'll download later today when I have the time to look fully.
  • eman%s's Photo
    I swear if you could just learn to build better, more realistic coaster layouts, you'd be a parkmaker in no time. Your architectural style is one-of-a-kind, and in this park you executed the archy flawlessly. Great work, very impressive indeed.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    eman makes a good point. If you could refine your themes better and improve your coaster designs, you'd move into the elite category.

I'd put these screens in the "really good" category right now, with the major holdbacks being lack of theme refinement, some poor color choices, questionable object choices and amatuer coaster designs. Still though, I always enjoy looking at your work beejer and I can't wait to see whats next.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    have my children? seriously that is awesome i love it! the coaster designs are kind of off but they look unique non the less.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    WARNING: back up your object data folder before downloading this park
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I was very pleasantly surprised with this park, and enjoyed every bit of it! (well, maybe except that you couldn't go into the buildings to the left of the entrance) It really takes a lot to be able to build in different atmospheres, and this is just such a long stretch from your previous work. Your path layouts are great, varying, controled pieces of art, as well as the structures and architecture. I love the large ideas here, from that very cool water ride to the grand train stations.

I love the coasters in this park, each and every one. I think my favorite is the dive machine, with its compact yet refined layout, and an outright "screw realism" feel. I love the duelers, they're just so in-your-face.

The best thing about this park is that it varies, from mainstreet sections to forests and whatnot. Really, I'm rereading this post as I write it and it doesn't even come close to explaining how much I like this park, I may have even given it spotlight if I was running the site and you had sent it in (why didn't you???). Fantastic job, this is definitely your best work and I can't wait to look at it again and again.
  • Beejer%s's Photo
    Thank you all for your feedback.

Hobbes - Thank you and I hope you enjoy the rest of the park as well.

Eman - Thank you and yes I have my work cut out for me.

JKay - Thank you and I can't wait to finish what's coming next. Also, just curious on what you thought were the bad color choices?

Chapelz - On having your children . . . umm not physically possible but thank you for the compliment.

HandyAndyG - Remember backing up is good but for quick, temporary things just copy the ObjData folder. Two quick key strokes(Ctrl+C then Ctrl+V) wait 10 seconds and it's done.

Phatage - Thank you and yes I did submit this.

Thank you again everybody for your opinions, and thank you again to Ride6 for his input.

Beejer
  • JKay%s's Photo

JKay - Thank you and I can't wait to finish what's coming next. Also, just curious on what you thought were the bad color choices?

View Post

I wouldn't say bad, but more questionable based on my personal preference. I'll try to give an example from each screen, but keep in mind I tend to be very picky about colors.

#1 - The red/yellow sign stands out horribly mainly due to the colors. The blue flags are iffy, but could be worse. My favorite coaster in these screens btw.

#2 - Again, the bright red sign doesn't look right imo. It looks lost amongst the wonderful buildings. I'm also not keen on the blue windows.

#3 - Nothing major here accept maybe the blue windows again

#4 - Ferris wheels look a bit clashy, but could just be the screen though

#5 - Signs again and I'm never keen on that color of blue right next to water

#6 - Nothing major here

#7 - Signs again
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    It was a joy to test and for once have a tester who was very open to changing things based on my suggestions. Excellent work and thank you for the opportunity to test for you.

If you could refine things a bit and make coasters a bit more conventional in terms of their "relation" to real coasters. Only a bit because there's a point where it just wouldn't be "Beejer" anymore. :D

Keep doing what you are because even if it's not winning you awards you're definently becoming a cult favorite around here.

Ride6
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I sort of enjoy the weird layouts, because they remind me that I'm just playing a game. I prefer fantasy over realism, because the parks are more fun to enjoy.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading