(Archive) Advertising District / .:: Project HP ::.

• Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    Hello ,

This is my new project , Project HP [Harry Potter].

I really like the books and the films so now i'm gonna try
    to make a park based on the HP Books and Movies

Here a little teaser of the Leaky Cauldron a wizard cafe and the Knight Bus ,
    if you have seen the movies you recognise this place ;)

Posted Image

I hope ya like it :)

Edited by Tom_Dj, 17 February 2007 - 08:41 AM.

• Marshy%s's Photo
    Heh, it actually looks very nice.

I like the way you have made the leaky cauldron hanging sign, and the way you have created the "old english style" is good, with the red bricks and the old brown walls for example.

great work
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Haha, the double decker bus is as tall as a window on that building! :p

But the building looks very nice.
  • X250%s's Photo
    That explains it.... all wizards are midgets!

...anyway, screen looks nice, good fun. Not much to comment on though lol apart from the bus being small.

-X-
  • Turtle%s's Photo

Haha, the double decker bus is as tall as a window on that building! :p

But the building looks very nice.

View Post

That would be triple decker...

Yeah, I like it. Don't like the bus, but it's kinda needed there. I don't remember the Leaky Cauldron being on a corner? But then I haven't really watched the films recently.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    it wasnt
  • LoneMarine%s's Photo
    Sounds promising, but already half-done. Fossil at Rctmart.com has already made a scenario for HP, where the grounds were abandoned and given to you. If you want, you could download the HP Bench from Rctmart.com and use that. You could also look at his scenario for some help. I hope your project turns out really well! :nod:
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    i don't care if it looks like HP... it looks good anyway :) nice archy!
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the reactions :)

Marshy : Glad you like it

Titan : Too bad the maker of that ride haven't made it a bit bigger :p

X250 : Thanks [The next screen will be bigger than this one ;)]

Turtle : In the movies the Leaky Cauldron isn't on a corner but in the book it's on corner ;)

Chapelz : ^ ;)

Lone Marine : Thank you

Mudblood : Thanks

Maybe i post a new screen next week of the diagonally and an other part of the Leaky Cauldron :)
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    New update !! 17-04-2006

This time a bigger screen :)

This is the Diagonally and the Black/Brown Bulding is the other side of the Leaky Cauldron

Posted Image

I hope ya like it ;)
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    it looks really good. maybe put fences around the top of the buildings with the stairs.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I wasn't too fond of the first screen, but I actually really like this one. Those buildings have some really nice forms and facades. Great texture use too.

My only concern is how this all comes together as an 'amusement' park, or is this one of those 'story' parks?

Nice job either way.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I really like this screen alot more compared to the first one. IMO it looks 'mooi' ;) (just practicing :p)

The simpleness of it too makes it much better it isn't overly cluttered or anything like most of your parks(from my view) The style of your construction I admire in this.

I love the detail in this screen. There is something else I want to say to compliment it but I can't think of what it is :(
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    very good cozy atmosphere. i also like the fenceless rooves and whatnot for perfect broomstick takeoffs and landings.
  • postit%s's Photo
    Good work. The only thing I'll point out is how the glitchiness of the windows with the poles behind it look. Try to do the hack in the reverse order and it should look nice.

Edited by postit, 17 April 2006 - 04:40 PM.

• Turtle%s's Photo
    Love the way the front and back of the Leaky Cauldron are their respective sizes...

Looks nice.
  • J K%s's Photo
    I like all of it and the little stall you've done the bottom right hand corner of the screen is very nice.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Fucken beatiful. The first screenie was only ok for me, but this one is stunning. The building shapes and facades are perfcet, textures are absolutely flawlessly combined, and the foliage added gives just the right finishing touch to an already amazing screenie. I hope the rest of the park maintains this high level of quality, and if it does you just may have a spotlight on your hands. (Assuming this is a large park that will be an amusement park in some way or another)
  • trav%s's Photo
    It looks brilliant so far, but as others have said, the bus is a little out of proportion.

I can't wait to see your Hogwarts :p.
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments :)

Yeshli2nuts : Thanks , but i don't think i'm gonna put the fences on the buildings but i will try it ;)

Jkay : It's more an amusement park with attractions ;) Glad you like it

Blah : Thanks ;)

Phatage : Glad you like it :)

Postit : I will try it :)

Turtle : Thanks

J K : Also thanks ;)

Eman : Glad you like it , and it's an amusement park ;)

Trav : I'm now finishing the diagonally and them i'm gonna begin with hogwarts ;)

Edited by Tom_Dj, 19 April 2006 - 02:11 AM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading