General Chat / Six Flags Great Adventure Trip Report (4-17-06)

• Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

I am bored and I got back into coasters, RCT and the whole slew of theme park shenanigans now that my current roommate likes rides....

I got to the park @ around noon...

It was kind of hot outside but I came prepaired.
    The crowds were mostly Jews since I guess they have to fill their time because of passover.

I am not racist (much) nor do I stereotype often, but has anyone ever noticed that 90% of Jewish girls have mouth sores/herpes? I found that commonality very disturbing as almost all of the ones I saw today shared this feature.

KINGDA KA

Well...
    Last year I waited 4 hours to go on this ride and it broke down indefinitely when I got the the loading platform. Needless to say, I used that cute little get on any ride pass at the end of my Season Pass coupon booklet.

My friend and I decided to NOT wait 4 hours in line and proceded to hop on it from the exit.

We waited 30 minutes for the front seat (my friend is a recent rollercoaster nut so yeah). All I basically have to say about this ride (especially to you faggot elitists out there)....
    This ride.
    Is quite simply.
    Amazing.

Sure it's a one-trick pony, but it's the best one of them all. I mean...
    I consider this ride like you would take a girl out on a date. You wait and wait and wait for hours, then you get 30 seconds of joy and you want to repeat the process as many times as possible.

That's basically the best way to describe this ride. Millenium Force is still #1 in my book* but this is a nice close second.

*: Fuck you I haven't been on X or most west coast coasters in the last 4 years.

EL TORO

OBV not finished yet. I wish these fucking construction workers would hurry up. I am SOOOOOO waiting to be disappointed by this ride that I can cut the anticipation with a plastic butter knife. I have been waiting for new pine to grace SFGAdv for so long. I finally get my wish granted by the worse layout for a coaster since Superman-Ultimate Escape. Nice life...

SUPERMAN**

Ummmmm.
    Wow.
    This ride was total and utter shit. I waited an hour for this? Jesus...
    More productive time could have been used to do things like bash my face into a brick wall or feed my genitalia to one of the tigers in the Golden Kingdom.

I can't seriously find a redeeming quality for this ride. The pretzel loop was mediocre at best and this restraints are the most uncomfortable I have felt in awhile.

Boo-Hiss B&M....

**: I ultimately avoided this ride since it's been open because I refuse to wait 2+ hours for a ride that isn't taller than my apartment building.

OTHER OLD RIDES

Not much to report on in this section.

- Nitro is still good.
    - The Ride Op of Batman and Robin was trying too hard (I am secretly hoping he's a member of this site so I can make fun of him to his face the next time I see him)
    - Batman the Ride is rougher than the Scream Machine now...
    - Medusa is still decent.

The food was awful. We ate overpriced and undercooked Papa John's Pizza. We were too hungry and couldn't hold waiting to leave.

In all I still enjoy going to Great Adventure even though I am so used to the rides. I am glad I had someone to go with who has never been there.

It's good to post here again.
    Until the next time I go to a theme park or decide to release my RCT 3 park....
    (or when my movie's DVD is ready for release)

I'll go crawl back into my only moderating the forums rock.
    Later all...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    What, no Rct2 SFGAdv recreation screenshots? :p

Anyways, nice TR. You give me less hope for Tatsu. I hope to finally make it to that park after having been nearby there so many times.

(or when my movie's DVD is ready for release)

View Post

How's that going, BTW? I see that the name is different now.
  • vTd%s's Photo

I am not racist (much) nor do I stereotype often, but has anyone ever noticed that 90% of Jewish girls have mouth sores/herpes? I found that commonality very disturbing as almost all of the ones I saw today shared this feature.

It's not Jewish girls... it's New Jersey girls.
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    well, you made your own mistakes that could have been avoided. first of all, im jewish and i personally think going on jew day sucks. i've gone several times on jew day (as part of the jewish groups) and they can be so god damn nasty it disguts me.

last year i waited 3 hours and 2.5 hours for kingda ka and i dont regret it for a second. i dont know what your talking about with el toro, that ride is going to be sick. you shuold have known better to wait any more than 30 minutes for superman. and finally, never, ever buy food in the park. take 15 minutes out of your day and go to wawa right down the road and get the best subs ever for half the price of anything in the park.

at least its good you had a good time. i cant wait to get back to the park, now that im done with school, im just waiting untill it opens on weekdays so i can miss all the lines.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    How can you judge a coaster based on a layout? Tons of coasters look great but end up forceless, and vice versa. To me, SFGAdv's woodie looks like it could be an airtime beast (could), so I wouldn't go and say it sucks before I ride it.

Just my $0.02. Glad to see you alive and relatively well.
  • Darth CheeseBall%s's Photo
    I have never been on Kigda-ka, But Iv'e been On It's predicceser: Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. I Never Been so scared in my Life, but my girlfriend said she would make out with me for 3 hours on the bus ride home! :kiss: It was a Band trip and i live in Toledo so boy did we have a lot of time... :drool:

I hear Kngda-ka has an age requirement to ride. :mad: If thats true, I'd Be SOL cuz im 14. I'm Takin' a trip to SFGA next season With my g-friend's parnets. Tell me if it's true! :mantis:

Edited by Darth CheeseBall, 23 April 2006 - 01:32 PM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo

I have never been on Kigda-ka, But Iv'e been On It's predicceser: Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point. I Never Been so scared in my Life, but my girlfriend said she would make out with me for 3 hours on the bus ride home!  :kiss: 

View Post

Wow she's easy to please then.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I hear Kngda-ka has an age requirement to ride.  :mad: If thats true, I'd Be SOL cuz im 14. I'm Takin' a trip to SFGA next season With my g-friend's parnets. Tell me if it's true! :mantis:

View Post

Yeah. You have to be 16. You also have to be able to do 45 pushups before you get on so you prove you're strong enough to ride.
  • Darth CheeseBall%s's Photo
    Don't shit with me. Be serous.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Don't shit with me. Be serous.

View Post

Oh...
    He's VERY serious.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    ^yeah my friend wasnt allowed to ride it last year because he didnt have identification even though he was 17!!! one year over the requirement!!! damn those age restrictions!!
  • RCTtom%s's Photo

^yeah my friend wasnt allowed to ride it last year because he didnt have identification even though he was 17!!! one year over the requirement!!!  damn those age restrictions!!

View Post

What!?!?!? There's an age limit on riding Kingda Ka!. Oh no!. Maybe I'll get away with it next year since I'm going to be 16 in February. I would be so disappointed if I couldn't get on one of my most anticipated rollercoasters of all time!. :(
  • trav%s's Photo
    Well, nobody will be able to go on KK for a while.

The cable has snapped or something, does anyone know whats actually happened to it?

Ok today at 9:45 Ka broke down on the switchtrack. I thought no biggie! The 20 min later they test it and boom all I hear is this loud roar at the end of the launch track. People said Ka had sparks flying everywhere and stuff. I seriously felt like I was witnessing FinalD4!
    Well Ka is pretty much screwed as of now. I didn't see any break fins pop up and it did clear the tower. The key factors in this could be breaks,train,fins, or catch car! It does not look good

That was last Friday, and now, on their site, they've had to put that it is temporarily closed.

http://www.sixflags....ides/index.html

This might have been posted before, but I couldn't see it, and I couldn't be bothered starting a new thread.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Probably the same thing that happened with TTD, that is, the cable probably snapped. At least I haven't heard about anyone getting injured this time.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    ^ Nope. Thats not it.

And the people who believe this age restriction BS are fucking retarded.

-Ryan

Edited by ChillerHockey33, 08 May 2006 - 03:16 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    so then what happened.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

ChillerHockey...

I need to know a few things if you can divulge...

1. When is KK reopening?
    2. When is El Toro opening?
    3. Are you the kid who kept saying "Ready to go on the ride?" on B&R-The Chiller?
    4. If so, I laughed at you a lot.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I was there yesterday, the teal train was stuck at the end transfer, nobody was working on it, reminded me of last year, and contrary to what I read, B:TC was not open and its train was on the back storage track. So in total, KK, RT, B:TC, and ogv el toro were all closed, and they were too lazy to rehab their flats in the winter so are doing it now.

But batman, unsuprisingly, was still awesome, so everything was good.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading