(Archive) Advertising District / Ravenous

• eman%s's Photo
    I have begun a new design using Toon's new supports and my first go at thoroughly interactive landscaping. I'm currently somewhere around 10% progress, the ride is complete, landscaping is progressing smoothly, and some archy has been done as well. Here are a couple screenies of what I have done so far.

Posted Image
    Some buildings around the entrance area to the design, this is supposed to be as if it were an entrance to the area of the park with the design from another area of the "park".

Posted Image
    The actual coaster. And yes, it is the one I showed in the Toon supports topic. This screenie shows the lift supports and the first drop with supports, as well as some of the post-MCBR section in the background.

All comments are greatly appreciated. :)
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Looks great, but do you think we might see a pic of the actual flying part, you know, since this is a flying coaster and all..?

Oh, and what's with the green-colored wooden platform doing there under thelift structure?
  • BreakAway%s's Photo
    /\ It's a floorless...not flying.

It's nice from what I see. But theres a bump in the second screen after that dip into the water that bothers me.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Yea, the bump bothers me as well. :) Unfortunately it looks just as awkward with it unbanking one segment earlier, so it's kinda a case of the lesser of 2 evils. And rhynos, as breakaway said, its a florrless rather than a flying coaster. And the wooden platform is there because of an immovable invisible platform, but it will be covered up eventually.
    Thank you both for the comments, keep em coming. :D

Edited by eman, 01 May 2006 - 10:29 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    Hmm your coming along nice with your work. I like it but yeah the coaster looks painfull.
  • Hyperion%s's Photo
    Looks really inspired by B:KF...or whatever it is now...

which reminds me of my recreation...wish I still had that file...it was sexy

but anyways...the supports look great, landscaping/terrain looks on par
  • eman%s's Photo
    Progress has continued, mainly landscaping. Here's a look at the completed archy in the first screen, along with some foliage and subtle landscaping.
    Posted Image
    All comments are greatly appreciated. :)
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Right, floorless....

I'll blame it on dyslexia..
  • trav%s's Photo
    That looks pretty cool actually, I like the awning over the path sorta thing.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Update, the entrance plaza area so to speak is complete, now I will have to finally begin the landscaping of the rest of the area, which will rely greatly on the landscape. Here's a look at the RENOIR Steakhouse as well as some foliage, landscaping, etc.

Posted Image

As always, all comments are greatly appreciated.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    looks pretty good eman... nothing really to complain about.
  • newk%s's Photo
    wow, you have improved so much. this looks beautiful. i still remember when you first showed the entrance to serenity springs.... ;)

but i really want to see more of the coaster.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Love the waterfalls they are beutiful. The archy is also nice. Great job.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Very nice waterfalls eman. Looks good. It's lacking path accesories, but I'm sure you realise that.
  • eman%s's Photo
    JDP-Thanks!

Newk-Thank you, glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is much better than the utter shit I called an entrance on serene springs. :)

J K-Thank you.

Metro-Yea, the path accessories will be added when I find the desire to add them, they're kind of a second thought for me though since they dont really get in the way of things.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Keep 'em coming. :)
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    What can I say. It looks great. Especially the white water/falls in the bottom right corner.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Thanks. Expect another update within the next 2 weeks, I have decided the next area to tackle will be a Merry-go-round overlooking a lake as well as the surrounding stuff, and then I will move onto finishing the landscaping of the ride itself, then archy and foliage that, then complete the pathing and all. And, as always, keep the comments coming. :)
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    It looks good, but common. Like a screen shot from 3-4 years ago. I still like it because it has an old school feel, but if you don't spice it up a bit, you'll get little downloads (I'm assuming you're trying for a NE Design?).
  • eman%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comment. I am trying for NE design, and trust me, the landscaping to came will certainly spice it up, or at least I hope so. This is my first attempt at a very interactive coaster as well as my first go at intensive landscaping including quartertile landblocks, so I'm pretty much learning as I go. However, I do have high hopes for the final result whether it makes NE design or not. (That is assuming I finish this, which I hopefully will)
  • eman%s's Photo
    Just a wee teaser of the entrance area to the Merry-go-round this time.

Posted Image

Expect a full update in a bout 2-3 weeks. As always, all comments are appreciated. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading