General Chat / David Blaine

• Regulatin%s's Photo
    He's starting in like, 30 Seconds. Let's hope he dies.

Edited by Thrice, 08 May 2006 - 08:55 PM.

• Regulatin%s's Photo
    Own3d. Didn't make it. :lol:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Beat watching the Heat game. :mad:

He lasted a minitue longer then I thought he would, the only thing that suprised me was that he could sorta walk.
  • Regulatin%s's Photo
    I feel bad for him, he is amazing. Though, all the controversy about it, I thought he'd do it. Meh. :p
  • Shamu%s's Photo
    I didn't see it. How'd he do?
  • Regulatin%s's Photo

I didn't see it.  How'd he do?

View Post

He fucked it. Got to like 6 Minutes.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I can't quite believe how much of a loser he is. I don't care if you can push your body to those limits...if you really have to do it go do it in your garage or something.
    *sour*
  • JKay%s's Photo

He fucked it. Got to like 6 Minutes.

View Post

7 minutes, 8 seconds actually :p

Honestly, I thought the stunt was way too hard and I was a skeptic from the beginning. I love David Blaine's magic, but this was just like, no fucking way. Its one thing to hold your breath underwater for 9 minutes, but its another to take of 4 sets of handcuffs while doing so.

Still, he did set the world record for the longest time spent underwater, of like 180 hours or some crazy shit like that. What can I say, the man is amazing.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    I saw him eating his own head once or twice. :p
  • mantis%s's Photo
    ^ haha i'd forgotten that!
    I'm just not impressed by his big feats of endurance or whatever. I loved all the street magic - it's really interesting and fun to watch - but these stunts aren't even sophisticated. I'm sure there's many people out there that could stay in an aquarium for that length of time, it's just they aren't millionaire attention whores.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    No, not really, actually. Yeah, he's an attention whore, but let's see anyone around here stand up 11 stories on a 22 inch platform for 36 hours. I'm still convinced that was fake somehow. Or get buried alive for a week. Or stay in that aquarium. Or the glass box for 44 days. He's fucking stupid, but he's incredible, and admit it. You all like talking about it.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

^ haha i'd forgotten that!
    I'm just not impressed by his big feats of endurance or whatever. I loved all the street magic - it's really interesting and fun to watch

View Post

It's also bullshit. Didn't you read that Derren Brown articel? Actually, I thought you posted it.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Derren Brown is also bullshit
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Micool - yeah of course not everyone 'around here' could do it, but at the same time not everyone decides to devote themselves to feats of endurance. I'm not saying everyone has the capacity for it - of course not everyone does - but I don't think it's all it's cracked up to be. I think it's more that he's just decided this is what he wants to do so he pushes himself for it. Yeah it's a good feat of endurance, but it doesn't make him superhuman or anything.

As for it being faked, I don't really care. Either way the result is the same - unwarranted publicity.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo

No, not really, actually. Yeah, he's an attention whore, but let's see anyone around here stand up 11 stories on a 22 inch platform for 36 hours.

View Post

If you're not scared of heights...
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Derren Brown is also bullshit

View Post

Of course. None of these so-called magicians is really going to risk their life to be on TV and make a few bucks. That would be stupid.
  • iris%s's Photo
    This guy obviously didn't get enough attention as a kid. There must be people out there who can hold their breath for longer then 7 minutes. People like trained Navy divers. Can't believe I watched that stupid shit.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    i can't hold my breath for more than 2 and 1/2 minutes. I can't swim more than 50 yards underwater, either. 7 minutes and 8 seconds is impressive, but it is also very second grade of him to do on national television.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    This topic inspired me to see how long I could hold my breath.

Answer: 28 seconds.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I got 39 seconds.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading