General Chat / E3 2006

• Drew%s's Photo
    I'm surprised there aren't any topics about this yet.
    But E3 started today.

You can visit various gaming-news sites such as http://www.ign.com/ or http://www.gamespot.com for information and stuff on new games.

Biggest news so far is that the PS3 will be launching globally on November 17 with two sku's, similar to the XBOX 360. One will retail for $499.99 and will come with a 20GB hard drive. The other will retail for $599.99 and will come with a 60GB hard drive.

Discuss!
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    jesus christ. $500.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    they owned nintendo with a motion controller.
  • BreakAway%s's Photo
    The only thing I'm lookin' forward to is the PS3.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Fuck that. I'm not paying $500 for a video game system. My PS2 just broke so I was going to wait for a the PS3 to come out but now I think I'll just replace the PS2 and wait a year.

Edit: You can buy a 200GB drive for $100. I hope you get more for your $100 than 40GB of disk space.

Edited by ekimmel, 09 May 2006 - 06:23 AM.

• PBJ%s's Photo
    i saw the trailer of the new Metal Gear Solid game...
    must say... PS3 pownd!!!!!!!!
  • Titan%s's Photo

Fuck that.  I'm not paying $500 for a video game system.  My PS2 just broke so I was going to wait for a the PS3 to come out but now I think I'll just replace the PS2 and wait a year.

Edit:  You can buy a 200GB drive for $100.  I hope you get more for your $100 than 40GB of disk space.

View Post

Problem is, Sony probrably has the exclusive rights to the hardware used to link the PS3 to the HDD, so they can really charge whatever they want.

Even if you bought a 300GB HDD for the same price, you couldn't get it to work with the PS3... :p
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    I'm just going to buy one of those new, slim PS2s to replace my broken one. Then buy MGS3: Subsistence and whatever other games I missed while my PS2 was broken. I might buy a used PS3 in the future, but I doubt I will.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    The Wii tennis demo was fucking awsome.
  • marinersfan59%s's Photo
    you could go here too. It doesn't have 3 pages of ads before you can actualy get to the page like the links Drew posted.

http://www.e3insider.com/

The new Tony Hawk game looks pretty good appearance-wise, very detailed. Hopefully they put as much effort into other aspects of the game. I haven't looked at much else yet though, so I can't really comment on some of the other cool things shown, but I'll get them in as I have more time.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Two different kinds of pwn were shown thus far at E3....
    1. PS3 pwning Microsoft and making it it's bitch.

2. Nintendo pwning both by being a superior system and really catering to everyone.

Nintedo's press conference was by far the best put together. My statement of superior system doesn't mean spec-wise obv...

I just seriously think Wii will have decent looks to go along wih the control system. I say Nintendo steals the show this year.

The PS3 is amazing and all, but the price is going to dishearten shoppers. I mean it will fly off the shelves, but a lot of ppl won't be willing to shell out that much for a system.

Either way...
    Microsoft is going to be in bad shape come the end of 2007.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Wii > PS3 > 360
  • BreakAway%s's Photo

1. PS3 pwning Microsoft and making it it's bitch.

View Post

Couldn't say it any better... :mantis:
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    360>Wii>PS3
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Doesn't much matter to me which one is better. I can't afford any of them.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

360>Wii>PS3

View Post

Umm....

More like...

Wii > PS3 > GCN > PS2 > XBox > 3DO > Turbografix16 > 1st Gen Gameboy >XBox 360...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    lol
  • BreakAway%s's Photo

Wii > PS3 > GCN > PS2 > XBox > 3DO > Turbografix16 > 1st Gen Gameboy >XBox 360...
    Raven-SDI
    §

View Post

I just lol'd...
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    laughed out louded?
  • BreakAway%s's Photo
    ...yes...laughed out louded... :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading