RCT Discussion / Cheating on Coaster Exc. Stats

• Killjoy%s's Photo
    ??? How can u keep the excitement rating on a coaster after you've turned off the game. It don't work for me.
  • Arklon%s's Photo
    There's no way to do it, except to load the Beast up every time you start that park and set the rating, which is impractical.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    you just have to design coasters well to get nice excietment ratings. If you're talking about getting ratings above 14 (for excitment) forget about it. Nobody has gotten higher than 14. Getting 9+ does take time, and you have to know the secrets of getting high ratings ;)
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    why cheat ?
    Just use buildings etc...to raise excitement on a ride - easiest way to raise the excitement
    Near misses etc...dont go a miss either
  • The Drizzle%s's Photo

and you have to know the secrets of getting high ratings ;)

I think i know what you're talkin about....the sync. stn..."hack" ;)

BiO
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    There are a couple ways to cheat on the ratings. One thing most know about is using trim brakes to lower the intensity. Once the stats are set, you can crank the brakes back up so they don't slow the train down and the stats will remain the same. I don't know if this will apply to you, but if you have a hacked coaster made from two or more coaster tracks, you can change the layout of the track without changing the stats so long as the track you want to modify does not contain the station building. These aren't cheating per se since you still have to design the coaster well, but they can smooth out small problems with extreme intensity rides to make the stats more reasonable. If excitement ratings are all you want than surround the coaster with lots of theming and paths and other rides. Custom supports add a lot to excitement because the coaster thinks there is another coaster nearby. I don't think stats matter much anyway. They matter to the peeps but it's been a long time since myself or most of the parkmakers here built parks with peeps. If the g forces are reasonable, that's all that really matters and even that is pretty arbitrary.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo

you just have to design coasters well to get nice excietment ratings. If you're talking about getting ratings above 14 (for excitment) forget about it. Nobody has gotten higher than 14. Getting 9+ does take time, and you have to know the secrets of getting high ratings ;)

Nate....ask Elrocko to show you his Excitement coasters

he has many around 13 and he has a go-kart that is a like 33.24 or something excitement....
  • natelox%s's Photo
    i have seen them....and what i said was nobody has gotten above 14 for a coaster. I've seen and heard of many go karts with insanely high ratings.

btw, biohazard.....there is alot more to it than just that....but thats a large player.
  • Blind Guardian%s's Photo
    I remember one coaster in Six Flags: Emerald Coast which was hacked... I think it was called Medusa or smth. like that. The intensity rating was just under ten with trains made of 5 cars and there was a hack that the shown trains had 8 (to look good), the intensity with these trains would've been above 10.

But I don't know how this was made.

MfG
    BG
  • Rebel2000%s's Photo
    Putting pathes directly under the station also boosts the rating a lot. By like .3 I think. Make it black so you can't see it, or just pretend that its some kind of maintenance area under the track, too.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    its .4 with RCT, and its about .2 with RCT2
  • mantis%s's Photo

i have seen them....and what i said was nobody has gotten above 14 for a coaster. I've seen and heard of many go karts with insanely high ratings.

Erm....why has everyone forgotten Buster's Looping 2000?

That was 14.09, and could have been raised to around 14.3 with more theming (which Andy247 did for the old RCTUK members a while back).

Elrocko held the top excitement flyer record, until Andy smashed it.....Andy was the ratings king :D
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    To be perfectly fair, Buster was using non-looping cars on looping track, an old glitch in the AA-CF add on. Andy got high 13's using just a floorless rollercoaster, no glitches, no cheating. Just amazing building. I still have it, if anyone wants it.
  • mantis%s's Photo

To be perfectly fair, Buster was using non-looping cars on looping track, an old glitch in the AA-CF add on. Andy got high 13's using just a floorless rollercoaster, no glitches, no cheating. Just amazing building. I still have it, if anyone wants it.

But Andy never made 14ex, even with merging. He was still the ratings god....remember the Stunt river ride? awesome.
  • natelox%s's Photo

Erm....why has everyone forgotten Buster's Looping 2000?

that is what i was refering too...don't u think 14.09 is close to 14.00? i guess u need to be exact. BTW, how can Andy be the king of ratings if buster holds the record?
  • Micool%s's Photo

Nobody has gotten higher than 14.

Look up a kid named Lunatim at Tycoon Resource. The coaster took up like a whole park, but if I remember right, it was well above 14 for excitement.

Plus, buster made something too, I believe.

EDIT: Um, just read the whole thing. :rolleyes:
  • mantis%s's Photo

that is what i was refering too...don't u think 14.09 is close to 14.00? i guess u need to be exact.

Natelox - I don't know what you have against me....I was referring to this quote from you:

Nobody has gotten higher than 14.

Andy247 had records on most attractions in the game, including the non-glitch, non-hack record. I was just generalising anyway, no need to get on my back about it.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I have two whole parks devoted to coaster stats that I buit years and years ago. I am pretty sure I must hold some records for exitement.

I have over 13 on a vertical coaster.
    Over 9 on a virginia reel.
    Around 10 on a log flume.
    Around 10 on a river rapids.
    I also have 8.14 on a normal stand up coaster, is that a record?

If anyone wants to see them just catch me on AIM or I will post the parks in the advertising district. They are old with crappy buildings and theming but where just made for excitement and have some interesting rides, all of the coasters are hack free as well.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    this lunatin guy is a pretty good builder altho i havent found an well above 14 excitement coaster of him... i did find a 14.01 coaster ;)

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

theres a link in :it: ^

i enjoyed looking at some of the parks he made.. he even has a rct2 park that looks just like a rct1 park.. but still has a 10+ woody...

and ratings (in rct1 atleast probly in rct2) get affected by other rides, especially in loopings or thru other rides loopings.. paths.. scenery/theming... water... and the amount the land is raised.. and if its synchronized with anotehr "ride" or not.. oh well.. tricking the excitement system makes coasters look ugly.. so i dont recommend it when going for looks..
  • mantis%s's Photo

I have two whole parks devoted to coaster stats that I buit years and years ago. I am pretty sure I must hold some records for exitement.

I have over 13 on a vertical coaster.
    Over 9 on a virginia reel.
    Around 10 on a log flume.
    Around 10 on a river rapids.
    I also have 8.14 on a normal stand up coaster, is that a record?

Andy's records were pretty mad. He had high 13 on a vertical, about 10.3 on a virginia, dunno about log flume, mid 10s for a river ride, dunno about the stand up.

He had mid-11 wooden twisters, 10ex reverser, 10ex wild mouse.

Very scary.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading