RCT Discussion / Danimation Spotlights

• Milo%s's Photo
    I was just wondering if anyone had all the old Danimation Spotlights. I have a few and I know there are some scattered around the Parkmaker pages but I was just wondering if anyone had easy access to them and could send me them all at once. It would save me some time and I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

OLE
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'm pretty sure I do (in addition to the second and third versions of the spotlight, that is, the user voted version and the occasional contest version, respectively), but let me check for certain. Would e-mail be alright? They might be small enough files to host, but I don't know if the various parkmakers would appreciate that.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Sounds good. My email is oleattheville@hotmail.com.

Thanks.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Alright, it's sent (just the older, Dan chosen spotlights). It's a 12.3 Mb zip file. Hopefully that's not too big. Keep in mind that I might be missing some, or that some might not be spotlights (designs, runner-ups, etc). But there's quite a bit there (54 park files, plus all the supplementary stuff), so hopefully I have everything. If you think something is missing, I may have it somewhere else. For example, was Clockwork Dreams a spotlight?

If anyone else is interested, between my two computers I have a virtual museum of Rct at D-Net. Lots of good stuff that I can no longer view.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I hate to say this, but I didn't get it. I did write my email down correctly and the file shouldn't be too big. Not sure what went wrong.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Let's just wait a bit. If it doesn't get there soon then I'll try again when I wake up in a few hours.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Alright. (I knew I shouldn't of started this at three in the morning :lol: .) Oh, and any parks you are in doubt about (like Clockwork Dreams) just send them anyway because I probably don't have them. Thanks again and good night :bunny: .
  • posix%s's Photo
    click :party:
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Damn it. I swear I looked for that but couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks Posix. And thanks anyway Xcoaster.

Edit-Wait a second; they're not all there. I know FFF was a Spotlight but it's not there. Xcoaster, just send me what you have anyway to see if I can fill in the gaps.

Edited by OLE, 02 July 2006 - 11:46 AM.

• Panic%s's Photo
    By the way, does anyone have any of the old Dassle Designs?
  • Trajan%s's Photo
    Check Mala's parkmaker page to get the best spotlight of them all... Cydonia City. ;)
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Those logos got me into graphic design.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

By the way, does anyone have any of the old Dassle Designs?

Yep, the archive delivers.

Not sure they're all official designs, but I've got some files in an old folder. I'm pretty sure a few of them are the old John Wardley Rct designs (ie: "thorpe woodie"), and I see I have Buster's record breaker, but most of the rest of them have "by Danimation" after them. Plus, there's a "SaturnV." Oh, and I have a "Mechanical Evil" zip in there, though I think that might've technically been a spotlight.

Here's the zip of everything that is clearly a dassle design.
    Here's everything else that was in that folder.

EDIT: And sorry for the delay, but here's Buster's FFF (the link in his profile is dead). I think it was actually one of the user voted spotlights. At least, it was in the folder I had for all those parks. And there are a lot more of those, since I have all the parks that were submitted, not just the winners. At least 180 park files. There's still a lot of good stuff though.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    OLE wanted the rest of the parks that were submitted for the user voted Spotlight at D-Net. Since I'm not sure which parks won and which were just submitted, I uploaded all of the parks I have in my ancient "SpotlightSub" folder. However, I didn't include some that I know you can still get from parkmaker pages, or FFF, since that's right above here. I also included all the coasters from the various coaster spotlights. I think I still might be missing a few parks though, but this should be almost all of them. They're in the following 20 zip files (sometimes with zip files inside of zip files inside of zip files, and in one case, inside of yet another zip file), in no particular order:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    Enjoy... Please... Cause, that took a really long time... LL goodness... Yay...

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not certain, but I think at least a few of these might've also have been NE Spotlights. Not sure if that's because they were both D-Net Spotlights and NE Spotlights, or if they just ended up in the same folder, but just ignore them if you see some of those.
    2xEDIT: One I didn't add because I thought it fell under the category of NE Spotlight, but now I see the parkmaker's are different. Florida DisneySea by Testudo
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Oh wow thanks for this Xcoaster! I'm always keen to look at the parks being made before I was around, so this is very useful.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    :party: Thanks Xcoaster. I can't believe I forgot about the user-voted spotlights though. Its been too long 8@ .

Edited by OLE, 25 July 2006 - 11:49 AM.

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Actually, that reminded me why I quit Danimation in the first place. Cedar Creek won a forum spotlight, but soon afterwards I noticed that the topic was nowhere to be found and when I finally posted to ask about it, the response was basically "oh yeah, I accidentally deleted it. oops." Yeah, oops. I only spent like 16 months working on that, the least you could do was say something after you deleted it instead of just pretending it didn't exist. Sigh.

EDIT: Wait a minute...didn't iris say that was him? :lol:
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Wow... so many memories. I totally forgot about those Dassle Designs... so bad. lol

Didn't Dan make a Desperado recreation as well?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The only Desperado recreation I remember seeing was by Nevis.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Yep that's the one I have. I just looked at the readme and it has Nevis' real name in it too. Cool name.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading