(Archive) Advertising District / Islands Of Adventure

• Leighx%s's Photo
    Well i have shown a few screens of this to people on aim but thought it was time to post it on here. And plus its my birthday

Some of you may remember that i posted a screen of the port of entry in the fiesta topic awhile back?
    It was started as a joint with Artist but he lost interest and so did i for abit.

Anyways i have picked it up and work on it is going very well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are 2 teasers :
    You should be able to work out which area is which, but just to make sure.....

Seuss Landing :

Posted Image

Marvel :

Posted Image

All comments welcome..:)
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I've been waiting to seem some screens of your work leighx.
    I love the first screen. Even though the colors are out there, they work beautifully. You really pulled off the Suess feel and it has some very nice details.

Though I dont like the second screen as much as the first it still is very nice. Some very good details and color schemes.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Although it's not the most detailed architecture I've seen, it looks pretty good, and it creates a pleasant atmosphere. I'm looking foward to download this park.
    Keep going.

Edited by RCFanB&M, 23 July 2006 - 09:57 AM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    It looks a bit bitty, but I do like how you choose your colours.
  • eman%s's Photo
    The Seuess area should have more overhead sculptures and stuff to really create the atmosphere of Seuss Landing. Aside from that, it looks quite nice though.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Looks very nice, are you trying to recreate the real park or is this just a made up park using the name?
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Well obiously it isnt going for a recreation isnt it its pretty impossible to do alot of areas in IOA in rct. But leigh man the screens are looking good, i like the small little features in seuss landing and the detailed colours, also marvel looking good again nice colours maybe we need to see a coaster, im sure theres gotta be one :kiss:
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    I wouldn't know since I've never been there.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Thats what research is for.. i havnt been there myself and neither has leigh lol.
    Try theming like this then lol
  • X250%s's Photo
    Both nice fresh looking screens, however be careful with colours in the first screen. There is too much aqua for my liking, try and include more yellow or white in there to break it up a bit. Also the path looks too dominating here, break it up a bit with some weird funky shit.
    Second screen looks great, heres a trick i use to finish touches to a path, to make the concrete path snap to the edges of the buildings, absolute clearances and add a line of invisible pathing outlining the concrete path. Trust me looks cool then and you dont see the dirt under the path. =)

So i guess im probably doing a guest spot in this then? What shall it be? NE tower or giant E-Penis? :p

-X-
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Not that it would fit the theme but i was thinking along the lines of c*m on the tits woudl be cool too see again lool. k thats enough posts for me in one topic now lol.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Just because there is something you cannot represent or make exactly in RCT2 doesn't mean you can't recreate it br0.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Ok my LAST post in here for now but geewhzz 'br0' i didnt say you can recreate it did i, but my point was that you cant get it how it is seeing as in seuss landing has many curves, characters, etc and i think leigh ahs done a pretty cool job with a few ideas.
  • X250%s's Photo
    yeerrrrrr brrrapp braaap. <------------ (superrich told me to do that for money)

But seriously now, out of all the areas to have a go at, Seuss' landing is probably the most difficult, i dont think there is a straight piece of architecture anywhere in the area lol. I think leigh, you need to make it look more interactive, if ya now what i mean. Add more interesting and totally wacky, random objects around- use different types of mushrooms, add water fountains, maybe water jets in the floor or summat lol. Its a very difficult area to do, but in IOA its probably the most creative.

-X-
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    And no, I can't tell by research if those two tiny screens he has shown are made up or recreating the real IoA by "researching" on the Internet.
  • Tom_Dj%s's Photo
    I really like the 1st screen it has a very unique atmosphere and the archy is nice :)

Edited by Tom_Dj, 26 July 2006 - 03:01 PM.

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Is the slanted path in the first screen Rapid Ride lift?
  • Milo%s's Photo
    It is.
  • JDP%s's Photo

Is the slanted path in the first screen Rapid Ride lift?

^you never seen that done before?

Edited by JDP, 28 July 2006 - 04:10 PM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    It's a good example of the incorporation of LL ideas into an rct2 setting. I often thing that too much track-theming works against an rct2 park, but here (and most notably in Xcoaster's DisneyAir) I think it works.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading