RCT Discussion / Black tiles in LL

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Man this thing is so usefull. ive already found so many ways to use the different maze types :)

And loopy. I must know :) please tell me lol

edit never mind ive figured it out. but still worth posting :)

Edited by Gutterflower, 06 September 2006 - 12:49 PM.

• Loopy%s's Photo
    Ok well this is what were going to create:

Posted Image

1. First open up RCT and the codex and enter the map control. Build a dodgems ride and sink the entire thing by 2 units, just so that the base of the dodgems disappears and just leaves you with with glass top.

2. After doing this build whatever footpath you would like around the edges and inside of the dodgems. Go back into the map control and locate the parts of it you dont want (the best way i found to do this was to change the land type to something and build an object on the square so it appears at the bottom of the map control) and drag a path piece in the map control onto the bumpers so that the part you dont want turns invisable.

3. Repeat this til your just left with the section of roofing you want. If you want to include land at the rear of the awning like how i did it its only possible with the codex. All you have to do is raise the land to wear you want it in the map control and then just change the angle of the land using the '+' button next to it.

And that should be it il post screenshots if your finding it a little hard to follow

Edited by Loopy, 07 September 2006 - 03:55 PM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    Nice one Loopy. That's a useful little trick. I may just play around with this to see about the supports issue but it's still pretty neat. And thanks for reminding me of this topic :lol: .
  • Milo%s's Photo
    It's been a long time but here is a small update. It's another small thing I found just kinda messing around with codex... not sure if it is too simple but I just thought I'd post it as it's kinda useful imo.

Vertical Pipes and Ladders

When trying to move the track of a "reverse whoa belly coaster" (wtf is up with that name?) on a small map, I discovered that the track and the support and the track each occupy a seperate tile and with the click and drag cloning of codex, you can clone either the support or the track without having the other.

Posted Image

Here you can see what the individual support and track looks like.

Posted Image

This is just to show you what you will see on codex. The objects on the first tile is the support column and the object on the second tile is the track. You just build an object on another tile (I use a full-tile one though) and then click and drag either one track or one support to your object (pictured at the bottom).

Some obvious uses are ladders or a metal support or wall for structures with the track and verticle supports for either coasters or structures with the support column (pictured below). It could also be used as a vertical pipe or other scenary element, like a chemical tank or something.

Posted Image

Pretty simple stuff I know, but I just thought this was kinda useful and I wanted to share it with you guys. An update was also long overdue. Hopefuly some more (and better) stuff on the way. Hell, maybe even some applications of these things in a project lol.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Cool!
  • Milo%s's Photo
    ^Thanks Ed. =)

Just kind of throwing an idea out here, but ever since Loopy posted his glass awning trick, i wondered if this topic could maybe be a sort of public release forum for new tricks (mostly Codex but even ones that people have been maybe sitting on) anyone finds. Just post it as a tutorial or in at least an organized way. Hopefully we can get some cool ideas on here and maybe expand on eachothers.

So anyone who plays LL, please feel free to post your new ideas or tricks here or questions about current things. Don't be shy =P.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    ^ In that case... :p

These two tricks work for both LL and RCT2, I think, though I discovered them in LL.

1) Lunch:

This is pretty pointless but I thought it was quite funny. If you are doing a jungle theme, you can make it look like a tiger, elephant, panda, etc. is being eaten by a Venus Fly Trap-like plant (Found in jungle scenery tab).

First, raise the water level of the tile you want the animal to be eaten on by two levels. Then place your animal (Entertainer) in the water, so he is drowning. Pause the game, make sure you have no staff hired that you don't want to be permanently frozen, and use 4Cars/8Cars to freeze your staff. Go back into the game, unpause, then lower the water level and place the Venus Fly Trap-like plant in it's place.

Then you are done! An animal being eaten.

2) UFO Monorail:

This is a cool, yet simple idea. Build a steel coaster track as a transport ride. Make sure you have chainlifts set to the speed you want placed occasionally throughout the ride to keep it moving at the same speed. Now change the train type to Bumper Boats, and the track type to Crooked House . Now you have a flying saucer transport ride!

Edited by Gwazi, 08 February 2007 - 10:11 PM.

• RCTCA%s's Photo

...maybe even some applications of these things in a project lol.

Great job OLE! Looking forward to seeing these projects... :et:
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Gwazi, that first idea is amazing! And OLE, i'll second that^.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ Yeah that first idea is very cool, gotta try that one.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Thanks guys. :)
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Very creative...well done Gwazi, it's a pretty nice idea.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Awwww... thanks RCTCA and Turtle. I'm working on some stuff right now =).

And Gwazi, I still love that animal being eaten trick. Great stuff.

On another note, I will try to keep a table of contents updated on the first page so people can find stuff easier.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Windows with shutters anyone?

Posted Image

Probably would work better on a darker land type and could be of use when making haunted houses/spooky themes.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Be careful not to overhack it or something like this might happen.

http://img266.images...64/scr21qq1.jpg
  • Milo%s's Photo
    lol... nice

and what happened to showing some of your things? =P
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Ok so I deleted that whole damn argument that was started simply for the reason that I don't want this cluttered with it. Sorry to those of you who posted (besides Ling) and many had some good points. Also thanks to those who gave support...

Let's just move on now...
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Small Fences

Posted Image

This is very simple and it takes away that bit of wood that appears underneath the path when you just lower a corner, allowing you to colour the ground underneath. It also lets you have both sides of the land raised up, still have the fence when you want to go upwards and be able to colour the ground beneath it. So really its not of a major amount of use I was just having a play with the paths and codex.

All you have to do is build a path (I used the green one) and lower it by one unit for each section you want the fence to appear at, then simply zero clearance and relay down another path over the top and your done.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Nice trick, Loopy.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    for the glass overhang trick, how do you just get the bottom part to lower and keep the roof? Wouldn't the map control lower the whole thing? ( I don't have too much experience with that feature of Codex)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading