General Chat / System Wars

• zodiac%s's Photo
    Which will you buy? PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii?

I vote Wii because its said to be 250$ or less and could come out as early as September :party:
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Xbox 360...

It has some great exlusives like the Halo series and great games like Saint's Row, Gears of War, and Dead Rising.

Wii doesnt look really that great. It seems like that interactive concept would get stupid and I have seen some pics from its CoD and the graphics don't look to great (at least not compared to the 360)

I really can't speak for the PS3 except it has a ridiculous price tag and I haven't seen to many of the games yet

Edited by inVersed, 02 August 2006 - 08:07 PM.

• tracidEdge%s's Photo
    ps3 or wii.

the xbox 360 is way overrated, if you ask me.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

Halo 3. End of story.

-ACE
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    yeah Halo 3 does look and will be awesome, but i only have 3 reasons to get the PS3:

1. i would probably be the only person in my town to own one
    2. full auto 2: battlelines
    3(and most importantly). KINGDOM HEARTS 3! :kumbasgreen:
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I'm planning to hold off for about a year or so to see which system takes the lead. I used to be biased towards Nintendo systems after having grown up on them, but I've grown more and more accustomed to my Xbox nowadays. So I've lost my prejudice, and I'll be basing which system I buy solely on games, price, and immersion.

So far, Red Steel for the Wii has me hooked.
    Of course, I thought I'd be the same way with Oblivion...
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    None, I'll just play my friends' after they spend their 400 dollars or whatever.
  • minnimee85%s's Photo
    I got my xbox like a year or so ago, after the price dropped...Probably do the same with these..most likely a 360 though..
  • Drew%s's Photo
    It's going to have to be the 360 for me, with the Wii coming in second.

The 360 has an impressive lineup of games already, and this fall/winter, tons of new games will come out, including Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Forza Motorsport 2, and Dead Rising. Not to mention, GTA IV, Lost Planet, Halo 3, and Resident Evil 5 will be available next year. There's a little something for everyone, and for a good price unlike the PS3.

The PS3 has about the same games, just about the same graphics, but the only thing it has over it is the Blu-Ray player... But $500/$600 for a BluRay player isn't worth it. Especially since not every movie will be available on the BluRay format. I'll just stick with my regular DVDs and upgrade later on in the future when necessary.

Next, the Wii. I've grown up on Nintendo, so it wouldn't be right if I didn't get their next-gen console. Plus, it looks like a lot of fun, and isn't that the thing we should be having when playing the consoles?
  • Pattern Against User%s's Photo
    I'm planning on getting a Wii first until I can afford a PS3 (once the price has fallen)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm hoping ps2s will go down in price so i'll get one of those...
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Wow, behind the times aren't we mantis? :D I think you can pick one of those slim versions up for about 80 quid now, well thats what i saw in choices the other day.

My next investment will probably be a Ds Lite. I'm a big Nintendo fan, so naturally after that, i'll be getting a Wii. I've got an Xbox too though, and i do love it and play it more then my ps2, but the 360 hasn't enticed me enough. There's been no new games that make me think "I have to get one of those". And the ps3? Well, i'm not even going there...

Edited by emo_ffaf, 03 August 2006 - 07:01 AM.

• mantis%s's Photo
    Too right. My only console at the moment is an n64! I just don't have the money to buy the latest consoles and also don't play enough games to make it worth it.
    The only games I really play are cheesy racing games (Mario Kart etc), cheesy platformers (Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie etc), cheesy novelty games (DDR, Point Blank etc) and cheesy fighters (Tekken etc).
    So i'd get a slim ps2 to play DDR and Tekken on. That's it really. Not much point getting some amazing new console when i'm only after cheap games.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah i totally agree. I've still got my old n64, man it rocks! I'm never selling it. But the greatest console ever has to be a sega megadrive!

Actually i'm after one at the moment. But they're old and hard to find.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Streets Of Rage has to be one of my most favourite games ever! And golden axe...aaaah.
    But yeah n64 has given me hours of use. I've only got 8 games too lol. Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Rayman 64, Beetle Adventure Racing, Lego Racers, 1080 Snowboarding, Banjo Kazooie and Zelda.
    And I didn't even like Zelda.
  • minnimee85%s's Photo
    Greatest game ever--Smash Brothers sixty four. My buddy has it on it his sys, and we litterally spent hours fucked up and playing that game...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    lol yeah it's a game that never gets old. kirby's box trick...hahahahaha
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    You have an N64 and you don't play GoldenEye on it?

Shame on you.

Admittedly, I don't either, but that's because my fuckwit friend never returned the cartridge before he moved away...

Bastard.

-ACE
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    If you have a 64, you should go around looking for Battletanx: Global Assault. Me and my friend were up until 3 am beating co-op mode. that game is awesome
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I didn't list FPS games on my list for a reason. I'm totally shit at them and don't have the patience to learn.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading