H2H4 / Favorite Park of Week 6?

Favorite Park?

1. Mamba Kilima - Strangelove 19 votes [28.79%]
    Percentage of vote: 28.79%
  2. Kitabasaki Dragonland - Ferocious Tigers 47 votes [71.21%]
    Percentage of vote: 71.21%
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    Past Winners:

Week 1: Winner - Strangelove - The Seige at Castle Grijs by Ride6 & tracidEdge
    Week 2: Winner - Strangelove - Slime Meridian by Fatha' & rainbow connection
    Week 3: Winner - Hurricanes - The Great Carolina Quarry by Kumba & ekimmel
    Week 4: Winner - Tycoon Bandits - Hallowhusk Cove by Corkscrewed & JKay
    Week 5: Winner - Hurricanes - Tierra Aventura by Steve & J K
  • eman%s's Photo
    Inevitably KD is going to get more votes now. Between the extra screens posted and the fact that CoasterEd has such a reputation, many of the noobs who voted for MK will now vote KD just because of who built it. Though I really want to check out KD. (Anyone feel like sharing the love (And by love I mean LL))
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Easy choice for me. Just wish I didn't have to use my friend's PC to view it...
  • Trajan%s's Photo

Inevitably KD is going to get more votes now. Between the extra screens posted and the fact that CoasterEd has such a reputation, many of the noobs who voted for MK will now vote KD just because of who built it. Though I really want to check out KD. (Anyone feel like sharing the love (And by love I mean LL))

Haha, yeah, I saw that coming, too. :lol: I'd feel so robbed if I was Ed right now. It's funny that viewing his history, he makes these masterpieces in the H2H seasons (remember Erwindale Forest with Mantis?) and then can't hold it in any longer when he's gotta keep it anonymous. :lol:

I'd probably be voting for KD right now if I had LL, but in the interest of keeping it fair, I ended up not voting for this poll or for the official result.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Ed's truly too good for his own good. He has the absolute most fucking amazing ideas, and he's one of the very limited few who can put these ideas into the game as well. That's why I completely understand his frustration...He's literally making advances in LL for everyone with each park he releases, and if I were him I'd have trouble holding in my enthusiasm too. :D
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    the vote count here is impressive..
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    <sigh> Did we really need to see this guys? I mean, the "real" vote just ended a few days ago. No, but I guess it does feel good. Thanks for the kind words. I've got a new version, like I said before, which I consider to be the finished version so I hope everyone who likes this downloads that once I get it posted. It also comes with a long readme file (in pdf format, with pictures) explaining my thinking behind the major rides and theming ideas. I'm going to be out of town for the weekend (my brother is turning 25! :party: ) but if anyone can host the file (it's 160kb) could you post here and I'll get back to you when I return? Unless Cork gets situated in Le France before then :D and he can host the file.

PS - Do me a favor and post a thank you message in the codex trainer topic for darkfire if you liked Kitabasaki Dragonland. It may seem kindof cheesy, but I'm sure he'd appreciate it. And I really want a healthy portion of the credit for this park to go to him. Even better, try it out and let him know what you think of it, what works and what doesn't, what you might like changed or improved, etc.
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    You could host it at rctd, since it isn't a big file.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Wow, this result is scary...

Ed im just wondering what you did do with the codex trainer in the park? coz I really did not see anything that could not be done with the Beast.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    I guess he means the things like stacking objects and ride track seperately without raising the square as a whole, the codex makes that a hell of a lot easier to do.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

if someone didn't know it was ed right from the begining they're fucking stupid.
    on top of that fact, he's the only ller on the tigers.

anyway, i think it's obvious who i voted for.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Well, yea TE, but that was along the lines of what I was saying. The noobs would not have enough knowledge to recognize Ed's work, but when they hear the name they'd think oh now it's an amazing park.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    ^ Which is no different than them basing their initial vote on their lack of LL...

The lesson we learn from this... the noobs rule H2H. Make a noob friendly park, win the match. ;)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

Wow, this result is scary...

Ed im just wondering what you did do with the codex trainer in the park? coz I really did not see anything that could not be done with the Beast.

Here's some specifics to look for:

*Bushes on the water.
    *Flowers on slanted land tiles
    *Stacked bushes on the bamboo shoots, possible with the Beast, but they would have all had to be stacked first.
    *I also used bushes to remove supports on some of the buildings and stacked them so they would only remove some of the supports. See Koshinji Temple.
    *The boat hire stations halfway underground were done by building another ride there and cloning the boat hire.
    *The chain on the chairlift was built below and raised into place. There was also some cloning to fix the buggy parts (where the chain wasn't visible).
    *The flume parts of Totomo Dragonboat Race were built above the actual track and lowered into place so they would cover up the liquid-coaster track without merging with it (so there would still be splashes at the bottom of drops)
    *Lots of stuff is stacked only 1/4 tile. See the Cherry Blossom Grove in particular and just about anywhere you see a tree with bushes underneath it. Also on some of the gates.
    *The walkways were stacked and then removed so they would extend across the full tile, which was much easier to do in Codex and also much easier to go back and fix when building other scenery with ride pieces sometimes messed it up.
    *Parts of some gates were built underground and then raised so that they wouldn't have supports.
    *The Black Powder building would have been practically impossible with the Beast.
    *Many of the stacked fences are stacked to specific heights that would have required a lot of trial and error to do with 'set base height'.
    *Several sections of Totomo Dragonboat Race were changed to chainlifts.
    *Fences or glass objects stacked onto other scenery pieces (such as the glass walls simulating the lights in the pagodas)
    *All of the invisible rides are functional, but have no station buildings. Some of the visible rides don't have station buildings either (see boat hires, and ghost train, and chairlift) -- they were converted to path and deleted.
    *This is only in the updated version, since I didn't have time to do it in the H2H version -- but there's an entertainer that walks in the air (there's a walkway underneath him that's been made invisible)
    *Jumping water fountains are placed underwater so the water spouts jump out of the water
    *All those crawling vines are made from jungle bushes, many of which are stacked by 1/4 tile increments.
    *The glass objects on the entrance gate, Koshinji Temple gate, and sun arch gate all are stacked at specific heights where they wouldn't gltich behind the coaster track. Probably they would have glitched if I'd just used the Beast.
    *Some jungle flowers, and bushes are partially sunk into the ground (by 1 or 2 1/4 tiles)

A lot of things which aren't necessarily new to the Codex trainer, might as well be new features because the amount of time it would have taken to do them before (and the frequent error trappers which would no doubt occur as a result) would have made those things very very difficult if not practically impossible before.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    This voting thing is ridiculous.
    If I was Ed I would demand a re-vote..

SF
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    We didn't get a re-vote after Week One rules are rules.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    jesus christ people. so much fucking controversy.
    the people decided on the winning park, ed's cool with the fact that he lost. let's move on.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Whoa, Mamba's sure taking a beating here that it doesn't deserve.

I think more than anything this is influenced by "maybe that park shoulda won" factor.
    I actually think that the fact you have to search for this poll in the forums, rather than it being on the front page, filters out at least some of the n00bs that voted for RCT2 by default. I think a similar thing also happened with the Week 1 best park poll.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, but week one had 4 other parks to divide the votes on, and this is exactly the week 6 match-up..
    I still think this is more weird than week 1, could be me though..

So let's bring on week 7 whenever the deadline has passed!

SF
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    this is strange, sorry.

it's not even close, now.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading