(Archive) Advertising District / A Tussauds Project

• coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Senz and I have been working on a joint project through RCT:Fury, and although I have had it on hold for a little while now, I've picked it up with new inspiration and determination. It's an as of yet un-named Tussauds park, but here's a look at my first themed area in the park.

Welcome to:
    Spillwater Grove

Nemesis:Aquatica (B&M~Complete)
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Fountain of Youth (S&S~Complete)
    Posted Image

Also in Spillwater Grove:
    ~Hydroplane (Enterprise - Complete)
    ~The Plummit ("Splash Boat" Ride - Coming Soon)
    ~Hydro - Bar & Grill (Coming Soon)
    ~Nemesis:Aquatica Souvenirs
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I really good see Fury making some duos man. Going by the screen it looks nice, Very cool coaster layout
  • eman%s's Photo
    Looks pretty nice. I'm not of fan of using the barrels for chimneys, and I hate when rides have way unrealistically short brake runs, but aside from that the screens are quite nice.
  • X250%s's Photo
    If its supposed to be this parks equivalent of nemesis, i'd like to see it more densley themed because at the moment there are just random trees thrown about. The buildings also look a little bit too simple for Tussauds, and im not sure im feeling the theme at all here.
    Sorry to sound a little harsh here, its just when i hear the word 'Tussauds' i become an evil-critic. =P

-X-
  • Brent%s's Photo
    That's a sweet looking tower ride location...

Coaster ain't too shabby either.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Your theming is far sub-par to call this a Tussauds park.

6/10
  • Lucifer%s's Photo
    Pleasant... But very little else. Its the RCT equivalant of Paris Hiltons debut album, really...
  • trav%s's Photo

Pleasant... But very little else. Its the RCT equivalant of Paris Hiltons debut album, really...

Lmao :lol: .

Anyways, this looks nothing like a Tussauds park. Way too simple. Keep trying.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    I'm going to jump on the bandwagon with Fatha' and X250.....

I'm not going to rant on about why in a huge page long post, but here are some pointers:

# Don't use the Nemesis prefix. It's a pet peeve of mine that they used it for Nemesis Inferno just for advertising. Also Aquatica isn't a very good name, however i suppose lately Tussuad's have been running low in the name department.

# Most Tussaud's buildings have basic shapes but lots of detail.

# The power tower shouldn't be built level with the river

# Should really be a pre-drop at the top of the chain lift

if you want a huge in-depth reply then PM me.

RFan
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    That coaster could really use some custom supports if you ask me.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Hm, tis ok. I pretty much agree with RCT fans suggestions, though I reckon you could get away with a Nemesis prefix...that is if you use something far far better than Aquatica...which has no real meaning, atmosphere or represents the ride at all.

A few more suggestions, I really think a more extravagent and detailed station is needed here, the same applies to the other buildings, to a slightly lesser extent.

All of the buildings have the same texture, colour and detail choice. They are all too similar. Use different texutres for different buildings so each building has some individuality.

The brake run is far far too short. The coasters couldn't run 2 trains, let alone 3 (realistically that is)

The Nemesis Aquatica sign should be on some poles a little bit higher. Not the height of the path.

Be consistant with custom supports.

I suggest you take up RCTfans offer.

Keep goin with it.

Metro 8)
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Looks good...
    The coaster layout looks ok. If we talk about structures, the architecture is nice, although there're missing some details; but if we talk about colors...it's kinda boring.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Lucifer, trav, and Fatha'...thanks for pointless criticism. If you're going to take the time to put something down, give yourselves some credibility by at least offering some suggestions. Thank you RCTFAN, Metropole and a few of you others for doing just that. Points well noted and will be taken into account as best as I can do.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    The screens look promising. Hope to see more of the park.
    -JDP

Edited by JDP, 11 September 2006 - 01:47 PM.

• Fatha'%s's Photo

Lucifer, trav, and Fatha'...thanks for pointless criticism. If you're going to take the time to put something down, give yourselves some credibility by at least offering some suggestions. Thank you RCTFAN, Metropole and a few of you others for doing just that. Points well noted and will be taken into account as best as I can do.

I shouldn't have to explain anything else to you. Go find out what a Tussauds park looks like (you can start with Nemesis and its theming for one), and you will realize that what you have is closer to a bad re-incarnation of a Six Flags park than a Tussauds park.

Google it for pics, im not finding any for you.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i agree.
    i don't like the use of a company name for no obvious reason.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ Agreed.

As much as this park looks ok and all, i'm not feeling Tussauds at all.

The coaster does seem to have a nice layout, but i'm really not a fan of that flatspin into the brake run. take that out, throw some helixes in or something, and make a decent sized brake run.

I like the entrance to the S&S and surrounding areas, very nice ideas there. I just think you should take your time somemore, especially trying to re-theme the Nemesis.

Mix up the structures, and change the entrance to Nemesis, the Space one stands out too much.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Oh, yeah. Because Tussauds has such in depth theming going on in spots such as this:

Posted Image
    Hmm...grass, landscape, a few rocks and not much else to theme this.

Posted Image
    Hmm...landscape, paint job, and a few themed items referencing an alien creature.

Posted Image
    Bushes and the ride. Fantastic theming going on.

Posted Image
    Hmm...landscape again, and otherwise, only the station is of any true theme. Now you could offer a few suggestions. Find the pictures for me? No, you didn't have to. Offer some suggestions, it's not that hard to put into words.

Let's try Nemesis:Inferno.
    A Link Because it's a larger image.
    Well, there're some thematic elements of fire to the rooves, but otherwise just paths and trees and bushes.

I understand theming to the nines in the entrance plaza, and other such areas, but it doesn't look to me like Tussauds has all this amazing theming going on around the rides like Air and Nemesis. What I will try to do is mix up the architecture of the area some more. Make the theme more evident to you.

In case you missed it, it's water theme going on, and I see now that I have to explain my logic behind Nemesis:Aquatica (which aquatica BTW, isn't a nonsense word I made up...check out Menthe Aquatica, more commonly known as Watermint...huh...there are numerous other references to the word I can bring up if you'd care to argue some more). This is what I gathered from the Nemesis/Tussauds invert trend. First came Nemesis, an alien creature that ravaged Alton Towers landscape into a near wasteland. Then came Nemesis:Inferno, a similar alien creature that devastated Thorpe Park with its fiery rage. Hmm...well fire is one of the four natural elements, why not bring up another? Water, the perfect element to drown the peace of yet another park. Now, look at the names of each attraction, the name of the area of the park, the use of water throughout the interaction of the rides, the color scheme (rides, flowers, etc.)...please tell me I'm not insane by at least having those details included. Keep in mind too that you haven't fully seen all of those details...namely several waterfalls, lakes, rivers, creeks throughout the area. Like I said, I'll work on it to mix things up more.

All I ask from you in your comments are to give me an idea of what you think would make it fit the part better, not "This looks nothing like Tussauds" and stop there. I'm not saying to build this for me, but give me suggestions/insights about how you see something as Tussauds. RCTFAN's comment "# Most Tussaud's buildings have basic shapes but lots of detail," fits perfectly into what I expect as feedback. This, "what you have is closer to a bad re-incarnation of a Six Flags park than a Tussauds park," does nothing for me. If that's all you have to offer me, then I wholeheartedly suggest that you don't waste your time looking here.
  • eman%s's Photo
    Dude, they're doing you a favor by giving you comments and quite frankly they have a point. It's like you either want them to say great job or build the damn thing for you. You have to take the good and bad criticism and use it or ignore it at your discretion, but don't attack people who are trying to be nice anjd give constructive criticism.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    I think the area around it seems a lil bare and boring whether its a Cedar Fair, Disney, or a Tussauds park. But that invert has an amazing layout. I like how there are no sudden stupid turns and the inversions pretty much direct where the ride goes next. That is exactly what I go for when I build. Im not sure if ya get what I just said but good job on the layout. Its surroundings just seem too bare and boring to really take it to the next level.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading