(Archive) Advertising District / Project Metro

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey all
    Ive been working on a new solo project for about a week now and have come up with several ideas thanks to the new codex.

Ive decided to post a few screens to gain some thoughts and insigts for you guys.

i do apologise for the tiny nature of the screens but the park is only in its infancy hence the lack of trees in some shots and the general messy apperance.

Posted Image
    The double decker merry go rounds.

Posted Image
    The parks dueling hyper coasters have a dueling figure of 8 finalle over the river

Posted Image
    A wooden dam (spill chutes, path across the top and walls are all yet to be added)

Posted Image
    one of many slopes, slides and drops on the river rapids

Posted Image
    The parks Intamin Accelerator launches into a layout contained within a research base

Posted Image

Posted Image
    The park has a Eurofighter coaster (the best i could do with LL anyway)

Posted Image

Posted Image
    This adventure ride is the next evolution of my shoestring concept. the motor bikes can be seen coming to a broken rope bridge. at which point they will reverse and take a different route over the river.

Anyway back to work. as i said its all very unfinished and the screens themselves are poor but the ideas are what im trying to get across
  • Dragon Fly%s's Photo
    You should have the mine track on the moto cross go up first, then the bikes jump it by using invisible track, a simple up and down.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    I love all the little things goin on in here. How exactly did you make the intamin track? Im guessing its two of them kiddie coaster tracks raised on one another.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Alright! 8)

I think it's really good. I can't believe how advanced that new LL Editor thingy is.
  • trav%s's Photo
    That looks awesome. Only thing I'm not keen on is the colours in the 1st screen.
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    Not bad for a LL park. I like the motobike idea. The Eurofighter and Accellerator coasters look pretty cool too. I don't like those colors in the first screen though. Looks kinda Halloween-ish. Nice job though.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    no matter how much hacking you do, you always do it in a way that focuses on the concept itself rather than what was used to hack it, and that imo is the best hacking that there is. You definitely have a clear view of what concepts you aim to complete, and the execution is flawless. I really can't wait to see what this project produces!
  • X250%s's Photo
    Gutterflower, the master of cool rollercoaster hacks. =)

Looks really good, the rapids ride baffles me, but it looks cool nevertheless.

-X-
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I really look forward to seeing this completed, all of your parks are so much fun to look out with all the neat hacks and coasters
  • Trajan%s's Photo

no matter how much hacking you do, you always do it in a way that focuses on the concept itself rather than what was used to hack it, and that imo is the best hacking that there is. You definitely have a clear view of what concepts you aim to complete, and the execution is flawless. I really can't wait to see what this project produces!

My thoughts exactly.

Lovin' the Eurofighter idea, btw.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Looks pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to more updates.

I like the the double decker merry go rounds and the broken rope bridge. The last one is a nice idea. Well done.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Roomie's back!

I don't like how the wooden coaster "roof" over the carousels still has supports under it. Other than that all I can ask is that you not give too much up for the architecture-based sillyness that is the "Ne Style" because you've always carved such amazing atmospheres with your color/texture and lanscape combos.

And damn, that "Intamin track" and the adventure ride looks brilliant! :)

Ride6
  • yyo%s's Photo
    I'm not too crazy about the first 5 screens, but those last ones look awesome. The eurofighter and that bike ride/shoestring coaster are absolutely amazing.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    All looks quite nice (especially for a LL park). I'm looking forward so see more of it.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Awesome work Gutter. That eurofighter looks brilliant, and so does the accelerator. Can't wait to see how the park progresses.

Oh, and awesome project name too 8)
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Very impressive. That basicly should cover it.
    -JDP

Edited by JDP, 11 September 2006 - 02:04 PM.

• Leonardofury%s's Photo
    I like the Eurofighter a lot, however I'm not a big fan of the orange on the Carousels. Great job with the box Intamin track too.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Looks great. I love all the hacks you've done and you have some great ideas in there. I also think the dam is a great use of the maze types. I never thought of that. Great job and I can't wait to see more!
  • Trajan%s's Photo
    Holy shit, I just noticed what you did to make that Intamin track by banking the mini coasters! Fucking wicked! :eek: :nod:
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Heya
    Thanks for all the comments. ill work on improvements and suggestions as i go along. had a bit of a minor set back today. the saved game no longer loads (comes up with an invalid data error) and i havnt backed up in a few days. so lost lots of themeing and my entire shoestring River Ride. :(

Oh well. ill just have to make a better one i guess. lol :p

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading