General Chat / Griffon

• zodiac%s's Photo
    http://rcdb.com/document219.htm

looks pretty freakin awesome, especially it being floorless
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Yeah, can't wait for it...I guess it will be pretty thrilling.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Yay! :evil:
  • eman%s's Photo
    It's been known for a while now. It will defitely be a fun and interesting ride, hopefully I get to ride it in the near future :D.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Any good pics? Did a half-assed search and didn't come find anything new.
  • Trajan%s's Photo
    No pics yet.

Finally, my good home park gets a new ride. Floorless dive coaster, the only one of it's kind. :bandit: :D
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Oh yeah this ride is gonna be great. I am always a sucker for these dive machines... looks like the took X250's idea for floorless dive machine :p

Here's some pretty good concept art I found...

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    That looks awesome...
    The water-splash part is becoming a tendency for Diving Machines, isn't it?

Edited by RCFanB&M, 12 September 2006 - 04:04 PM.

• RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    UPDATE:

Check this out http://www.buschgard...w/ar_rides.aspx
  • eman%s's Photo
    Good find sir. I was expecting a Sheikra clone, so its nice to see the extra immelman and that cool looking mini airtime hill.
  • Wolfman%s's Photo
    Busch Gardens never seems to clone an attraction off one another, (wish I could say that about SF :twitch: ) But I have noticed that Williamsburg always get a better version of a coaster than that what Tampa installs, even though the new virticals have a couple of the same elements like Immelman's, second near virtical drops & the splashdown.
  • Video_Kid%s's Photo
    Whoa, It looks better from those pictures. The train's huge
  • twister12%s's Photo
    sometimes i wished i lived in virginia...
  • BchillerR%s's Photo
    That is basically Sheikra.

Edited by BchillerR, 21 September 2006 - 06:23 PM.

• RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Well...this will be florless...it might be like Sheikra in layout terms, although this one will have two Immelmans.

Edited by RCFanB&M, 22 September 2006 - 08:49 PM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    sweet preview video.
    but.... the floorlessness begs the question of how you'll avoid ripping people's legs off with that splashdown element.. =/
  • twister12%s's Photo
    even though you go in the water, i dont think the train dives into the water...i think :}
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    it won't. i've been on sheikra and you don't get wet on the train. but you can if you stand close enough (if i remember correctly).
  • BreakAway%s's Photo
    I think it's funny that there's no chain in those screens above...it's almost like...*gasp*...magic... :p
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

That is basically Sheikra.

so. it means people around here won't have to go down to fucking florida to ride it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading