(Archive) Advertising District / Paradise Island

• Faceman%s's Photo
    Hey everyone,

I decide to construct a new solo theme park.
    It will feature 4 different areas.
    The first and entrance area will be africa.

Posted Image
    The Congo River

Posted Image
    The entrance area.

Comments and feedback are welcome!

-> Face
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    Very nice. Jungle themes never really grow old.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Looks pretty good...
    I like your architecture style...it's decent. The foliage is very well done, considering that all the buildings are brown, the foliage is perfect for creating a vivacious atmosphere, since it has a lot of shades of green. I also like the paths you used, they fit. The water coaster looks pretty interesting, but I'll wait for some more pics, for making a more complete comment of it. If I were you, I'd make another color buildings...I know that the park is jungle themed, but you should use some accent colors on your buildings that could fit with the theme...
    Anyway, it's looking pretty nice. Looking forward to more updates.

Edited by RCFanB&M, 02 October 2006 - 10:53 AM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    I like it alot. Everything seems really detailed and well done imo. First screen looks nice for a river. Buildings give it a nice touch. As for the second screen, it is really open which makes the screen easier to look at and everything is detailed nicely. I enjoyed both screens and am looking foward to this...
    -JDP
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I think the aesthetic flow gets a bit choked off by all the 1/4 scenery, particularly in regards to the foliage used. I'd take the plants off the rocks (it makes no physical sense anyway) and use the open rocks to give a bit of breathing room. The other issue I have is that the buildings seem a bit too singular and defined by the 1/4 scenery, rather than flowing together, which is a problem a number of RCT2ers that work on this scale seem to have. For one, I think it'd look awesome if you connected the two buildings on the top of the hill in the first screen and have the waterfall flow out from under an arch connecting them, with a windowed walkway on top of the arch, or something.

There's one piece of custom foliage that kind of bugs me. It's the shrub you use on top of the latticed walkway coverings on the right of the second screen and I think it looks a little, er, phony in relation to the rest of the scenery, probably because of how shiny it is. I dunno if you could replace it with anything that would work well as a substitute though.

The hacked water ride looks pretty awesome.
  • twister12%s's Photo
    wow. looks amazing. nothing to complain. love the second screen. always loved jungle theming (doin one right now).
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I am really becoming impressed with your work I've been seeing lately. The details in those screens looks great. It really reminds me of Matze's work
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    Wow, this is really nice, I love the amount of details you give to this. The rapid ride looks really nicely themed. Looking forward to more of this.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Why do Germans have to be so good!? (Beagle, Faceman, Egg Head, Magnus, Posix, and so many more!) :(
    No, You guys are awesome. NE wouldn't be the same without you.

Anyway, great work Faceman. I'm really enjoying your work. :)
  • Faceman%s's Photo
    @DarkRideExpert: Thanks

@RCFanB&M: I'll try to use other colours, but this "bright brown" will be the main colour in this area.

@JDP: Thanks

@Panic: You're rigth with the foliage. Maybe it's a bit overdone. I'll change it a bit.

@twister12, inVersed, sfgadv02, Gwazi: Thanks a lot!

Any more comments? :)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Looks really nice. My only real complaint is the foliage is a little short with all the quarter tile to be a jungly theme but it's a minor thing. Everything else, like your archy, is great.
  • Faceman%s's Photo
    Update!

http://mitglied.lyco...er_Rapids_3.jpg

The screen shows the entrance area of the Congo River.
    Later this will be market square with different shops.

Hope you like it...

-Face
  • posix%s's Photo
    it looks nice, lively and has a healthy atmosphere.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Nice atmosphere...
    I like the foliage and landscaping you made, it gives a really nice feel to the park. The archy is also good, I like the structure and style of the buildings.
    Keep going.
  • SenZ%s's Photo
    Except for the name, everything looks great in the screens. Paradise Island is a name already used too many times. But that's my opinion.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Awesome setting for a lovely ride. The architecture is confusing me though. Why is there so much of it? There's massive buildings that are just kinda there next to the queue. Why? I'd rather there was some actual theming there, as opposed to pointless buildings. Please try to think of some other theming possibilities, or if there must be architecture there, try to distinguish it from the rest of the buildings.
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    I really like all of it so far. The River Rapids look very realistic and very detailed. I love the architecture, textures, and colors you used in the second screen. Same goes for the third screen. Colors are very nice. Archy is great, and the realism is definatly there. I'm really liking this one so far. Great work.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I love it. The queue path-scenery interaction is amazing. Great work.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Not bad, not bad at all. I still find it a bit glitzy and think that it might do well to tone it down here and there, but I'm not exactly sure what to suggest specifically. :twitch:
  • JDP%s's Photo
    atmosphere is really nice there. But as turtle said, whats with the random buildings through out the que. But besides that, i'm really enjoying your work thus far...
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading