Theme Park Discussion / What is your Favorite Style of B&M Coaster?

All B&M types included...

• JDP%s's Photo
    Okay, I wasnt too sure where I should put this. I figured it could be a game, but yet it will become basic chat as well, so im just going to put it here. The directions are pretty simple... read the title.

Im going to go with B&M Floorless, always enjoy riding those coasters.

Pick away...
    -JDP
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I would guess this would count as random, and since the old name was Games & Polls, it would of made sense to post it in there.

Moving on to my actual vote, it is not a standup, they are boring. I've only been on Obilvion for dive machine so its alright. Flying is not actually that interesting for me, dives are better. Sit downs are just too umm common, floorless are good but once again just a tad boring IMO.

I am stuck between Hypers and Inverted.
    Some of my favourite coasters are both of them, however I think since most of my favourites are B&M inverted more I voted for B&M Inverted :D
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Too bad we don't have many B&M Coasters here in Germany.
    At the moment my favourite B&M Coaster Type would be Inverted, but that is just because of the Black Mamba. As a sidenote on that coaster. Ride it at night, it's the best things I have done. This Coaster is really insane at night. That Zero-G-Roll was absolutly crazy and so was the rest of the layout. The light is exactly what it has to be. Pretty dark, but enough to see parts of the layout and then ride through absolute darkness again. Been great to have some first row rides, thanks to a friend who worked at Phantasialand and knows the ride ops ... :)

I won't vote though as I have only been riding the two B&M Coasters in Germany. Next season I will probably ride my first Floorless B&M Coaster. Really looking forward to that, but even then I wouldn't be able to take a fair vote. The Floorless Dive Machine for BGE looks great, though the layout seems a bit uninspired, but the feeling on that ride has to be great. Really looking forward to see such a Coaster in Germany or maybe a good Flying Coaster with a nice layout.
    *cough*I don't know anything about it :p*cough*
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Inverted. Black Mamba FTW ^^
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Inverted. The only hyper I've been on is Silver Star, and that wasn't spectacular. I like floorless and sitdown, but inverts are decidedly more intense, and the effect is better than a floorless (though the fact that the front is so much better on an invert, while on the floorless it doesn't matter too much where you sit, gives the floorless a slight upper hand in that regard). Never been on a dive machine. I very much enjoyed Tatsu, but I've heard the other flyers aren't so good, whereas inverts have been almost consistently good or excellent. 2 of my favorite coasters are inverts (Katun and Talon, though it's been a really long time since I've been on Talon, so that'd probably change). Almost all the other inverts I've been on would probably fit somewhere in my top 30 (Great Bear was kind of lame though). In addition, there are many other inverts I haven't ridden that I think I would really like. And I like Riddler's Revenge, but I'm not a big fan of PGA's Vortex, so I stand-ups are out. So, inverted it is, by quite a bit.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    I've never rode a B&M, period :(

But my favourites are floorless and inverted...I don't know what to choose...
  • artist%s's Photo
    Dive Machine

They rock
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    ^ I also voted for that. Obliv ftw.

Edited by Phil, 26 October 2006 - 12:54 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo

2 of my favorite coasters are inverts (Katun and Talon, though it's been a really long time since I've been on Talon, so that'd probably change). Almost all the other inverts I've been on would probably fit somewhere in my top 30 (Great Bear was kind of lame though).

^ Talon still rides the same... I like it. Im not a huge "inverted" fan tho...

I've never rode a B&M, period :(

But my favourites are floorless and inverted...I don't know what to choose...

^and you a B&M fan... :lol: (no offence)
    -JDP
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Ive rode Nitro, Goliath (SFOT), and Apollo's Chariot and their my favorites from B&M, next to Sheikra but even that could be better.

B&M Hypers. maybe we should do Intamins next... Superman: ROS at SFNE and Kingda Ka all the way :)
  • Carl%s's Photo
    wow, how to chose, they are all good. Well, I voted for floorless, but I could have just as easily voted for any of the others, cause they are all soo smooooooth lol
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    B&M hyper, because of its great air time.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    The only B&M coaster I've been on is Silver Star and I loved it. The air is amazing. The most important thing on that ride is the good seats. I've never had better on any other coasters. Finally leg room on a coaster that isn't inverted. Still I voted for inverted (be it the only ones I rode are Vekoma's) because I really like the foot chopper effect. They should be amazing on Black Mamba and Nemesis.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    My favorite would be the kind they build at Valleyfair..whatever that is.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo

^and you a B&M fan... :lol: (no offence)

It's not necessary to ride one for being a fan...Everything I've learned about B&M's is result of seeing vids and pics.

You can be a fan of racing, but you have never driven a car, get what I mean?

Edited by RCFanB&M, 26 October 2006 - 05:40 PM.

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Exactly. Just because you're good at fixing trannies doesn't mean you work with cars.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

^ Talon still rides the same... I like it. Im not a huge "inverted" fan tho...
    -JDP

I meant that my opinions might've changed, since at the time it was only my second inverted coaster. I remember I loved it, but I have more experience now, so it'd probably no longer be one of my top 10. But, you never know.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I used to think Inverted, but the best B&M coaster I've been on (Medusa West) is a floorless, so I think I'd better go with that.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    The same thing's true with trannies. It is possible to like one kind better than another but never to have ridden one personally.

I won't vote since I've ridden sitdown, stand-up, inverted, and floorless B&M coasters. That said, my favorite of those is inverted.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Flying rocks. But floorless is a close second for me.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading