(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Herren-Surge

• Carl%s's Photo
    I started a Design way back in May/June, finished it around Sept, and it is finally done being reviewed by the "powers-that-be" here at NE, and is ready to be released. Tell me what you think of it.

Here is the original topic in the AD, it has all the pertinent info.

Thanks go to ekimmel for the logo.

And last but not least, here is the download.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ride_exchanger, 27 October 2006 - 07:11 PM.

• lucas92%s's Photo
    It seems to me that your link isn't working...
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    All the links work for me. Try again in a little bit, lucas. If it still doesn't work I can email the park to you.
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Seems to be a nice design!
    Well done!
    I don't really get the name, though...

Edited by MiFuNe, 28 October 2006 - 04:15 AM.

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Nice design and it was not that far from an NE design imo, just it was not that diffrant from most other things/styles we see, tho that food court was pulled off nicely.

You got some skill and I hope you send something in again.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    It was ok, the architecture was nice, but in some parts of the coaster, the speed was too slow.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    MiFuNe

it says in the readme the meaning of the name...
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    I have mixed feelings about it.

In brief:

I liked the layout. The track going under/through the loop was nice and the jojo roll next to the path was also an awesome section. However i think the flow was ruined by the MCBR, it made the loop forceless only to rush into a forceful helix.

The archy was good but confusing, i didn't understand the theme. What you had was good but it needs to be more refined. You made a great foodcourt and then made a simple 'flat box' station with a short queue.

Overall: Mediocre. I liked it and you will improve with your next release, just concentrate on refining your ideas.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    It was okay. I really seen a good effort into the ride. I did feel that you could have done better with your flow of inversions. I am not a big fan of coasters that have a cobra roll as the first inversion. Just seems a bit off. As said, the buildings did have different styles to them and was a bit odd for me to look at imo. And as rcfanB&M said, the coaster went slow in some parts and did not have a good flow. But over all, ill give it a 7/10.
    -JDP
  • Ling%s's Photo
    wow, RCTFan... mediocre? Well, I just had a chance to look at it now after gettign to my RCT2 disk after a week, and I thought the architecture was great, especially in the food court and over the flyign saucers, but I thought the ride was lacking, not at all in supports, but in the way it was laid. As for the other rides, you could have bothered to name them. I don't care what.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    haha, yeah, I forgot to name the flats, my bust. :lol:

Thanks for all your comments so far people, I really appreciate it :D
  • Leonardofury%s's Photo
    I liked it R_E, though I must admit the handymen on speed were irritating. The main flaw in the coaster design have already been highlighted I think, the train needed to carry more speed into the second small loop. The train painfully crawls through that section and it ruins the flow of the ride. Other than there, the pacing was fine throughout the ride, it looked like fun. Next time you build a cobra roll you may like to make it a bit wider at the base, I generally find they look better that way. The architecture was enjoyable, it was certainly better than anything I could do.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading