(Archive) Advertising District / Greetings!

• jon%s's Photo
    Hey guys. Ain't advertised here for ages, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working. Been working away at a solo for over a year now, and continued despite several restarts caused by error trappers and unopenableness etc. I wasn't actually going to advertise this, but I eventually gave in due to the lack of inactivity in the AD lately, and felt that you all need an incredible park to come along :tounge:

The park's working title is Cariba Creek and that name may be the actual park name, haven't decided yet. But, it has five areas, and all are well underway.

So, now onto the screen:

Posted Image

It's the mine train coaster Warrior from the parks asian area. The wooden thing in the middle, is supposed to be some fighting school dojo thing. I think it's missing something but don't know what. What do you think??

Enjoy. Comments/Criticism accepted.

P.S. Sorry bout missing screen at first. Should be fixed now. Sorry.

Edited by jon, 06 November 2006 - 10:58 PM.

• RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Welcome home jon!

glad everything went okay with the move and that you are advertising again. The screen looks pretty good although it doesn't show too much which is a good move.

Colour scheme is great.

Foliage is great.

Layout also looks promising.

Dislikes:

I'm not a fan of it being right up to the map edge, just a pet peeve.

Lift hill could be better i think, it's the tiered levels underneath the track.

Needs a better name :p

You are missing one art deco piece on the nearest end of the station.

too many bullrushes on the water

Gongs on the roof.

Overall it is a sound screen, but i think some little refinements and additions could enhance it to perfection. You have a great spatial awareness and use of architectural forms.

RFan

Edited by RCTFAN, 06 November 2006 - 11:04 PM.

• Redbug%s's Photo
    The anticipation is killing me.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Only 55% done after a year? This better be great.
  • jon%s's Photo
    It's up now. Sorry about that.

And geewhz. In that year, I've moved to Australia and therefore didn't have access to RCT for about 4-5 months while my computer was shipped over. Also its been restarted twice.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Okay ;)

Looks pretty good.
  • CoasterCrzy%s's Photo
    There really is no reason for the bank before the drop as its all straight track before that and it doesn't look all that great either. The gray is a bit overpowering, add in possibly a brown. Don't forget about bushes either ;). But the open station is great, I like that :).

A year and you can't show a comepleted screen? :SA:

Edited by CoasterCrzy, 06 November 2006 - 11:01 PM.

• z3r0-G%s's Photo
    I like it, except for one thing. You used the gray brick to build up the lift, but then you don't really use that brick again. It just kinda sticks out too much. I also agree with RCTFAN - "Lift hill could be better i think, it's the tiered levels underneath the track."

Otherwise, It's great. I like the colors, and I like the layout of the ride. The station looks great for it's size. Hope to see more from this soon.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Wow, jon still plays RCT!

Maybe I should starting playing again......hmmm :)

Looks great. Love the lift hill structure.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    It's really nice. Better than 90% of the stuff i've seen lately. You need to sort out that lift hill though, certain things are missing and look structurally unsound. Just needs some TLC, on the overhangs especially. I like the bullrushes, i'm guessing they're there to represent rice paddies. Foliage is really good, excellent flower colour too. Coaster looks alright. Just keep going with the same amount of care you seem to have shown so far, and this'll be amazing.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I love the atmosphere this is giving off... really has a great style.

My only complaint is the lift hill structure. The roofs covering the track are barely attached to anything so they look a little flimsy. Although I suppose I shouldn't judge yet.. finish up the deco up there and might give them some strength. But it's looking really nice so far.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I think it is a bit boring imo. Theres nothing there besides the lift hill and a station. Not too much foilage and buildings to make the screen... how ever, the top right hand of the screen looks very nice. Looks like a whole other screen than the rest...
    -JDP
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    That screen just looks so elegant. There are very few details that take away from it...
  • Lucifer%s's Photo
    I just wonder where the flow from idea to idea is? You have a number of excellent ideas, with some form of connection - it just isn't a very strong one. Try and connect the ideas you have in your head together more, how do they relate?
  • jon%s's Photo
    Sorry about my late response but thanks so much for the comments. All of which were fairly positive :D

Most of the comments referred to missing details and stuff, and I've since either filled in the gaps or am on my way towards that.
    @Lucifer. The theme of the area is asian. The coaster is named warrior. I kinda linked warriors to martial arts, hence the dojo, and the lift hill brick thing, is kind of great wall of china inspired, which fits in with the warrior/asian theme.

Thanks for the comments. Look out for a new screen of maybe a second area very soon. Hopefully, within the next few days. :mantis:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Pretty, definently. Pretty average. It looks like most of the slob/turtle immitations I've seen, though a good deal more technically adapt. The folidge and textures mix well and create a very pleasent atmosphere but it still feels paper-thin. Like it's lacking something that I can't place my finger on.

Ride6
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Pretty, definently. Pretty average. It looks like most of the slob/turtle immitations I've seen, though a good deal more technically adapt. The folidge and textures mix well and create a very pleasent atmosphere but it still feels paper-thin. Like it's lacking something that I can't place my finger on.

Ride6

I know what you mean 6... I'll take a shot. I seriously misses composition. There is no flow in all the stuff that should come together as a whole. It looks meager that way. The area doesn't look complete to me.
    The texturing on the lifhill wall needs attention if you ask me. I looks to plain and repetitive (boring) to me. Another thing is that I really don't like having the water at the same level as the paths. At the entrance sign the white is a bit too overwhelming too.
  • jon%s's Photo
    I posted a couple screens in the fiesta, so I just thought I'd move them here. They are of the Phago's Landing area of the park.

Posted Image
    This shows part of the Phago's Flight rocket coaster, as it twists over the rapids below.

Posted Image
    This shows kinda the entrance to the area, and a flat ride currently called Carmellon

Sorry that they're both a bit unfinished and. The next update should be more completed.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Im guessing Phago's Flight is the red coaster and it broke down, lol. Looks good though man. Reminds me a bit of Maverick// with the corkscrew and all.
    -JDP
  • jon%s's Photo
    Yeah, not great timing with taking the screen there loL

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading