General Chat / limewire problems

• Sparker9014%s's Photo
    I just downloaded The Sims 2, not sure if its worth this much trouble though...

Anywho, i got it and all and it showed up in my saved files. I opened it and it gave me this list of the games files, i clicked one and it the apple computer kept directing me to "choose and application to open" it with. I clicked on all the files and it still says the same thing. I cant seem to get past this due to my lack of computer "skillz" and well its pissing me off. If anyone knows what the hells wrong with this mac, or limewire help me out a bit.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    This is why you shouldn't steal programs!!!!!!!

Nah, sorry, can't really help. How did it download? Theoretically, you might need a program to unpack the files into something your computer can understand. Lots of .rar files are like that, I think.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Your first mistake is using Limewire. Its the most unreliable, virus-infecting, spyware-prone p2p software out there. You're running a huge risk trying to download anything from it, especially large .exe, .zip or .rar files.

Secondly, if what you downloaded did not include a 'setup'.exe file of some type, then there's probably files missing or it isn't the full free version.

If you're gonna use a p2p for downloading stuff, I'd use SoulSeek. Its much safer although still illegal and downloading anything by p2p is never safe, especially .exe, .zip or .rar files.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    I had problems with limewire, so i got rid and started using bearshare..i only download music anyway and it does its job.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading