H2H4 / H2H4 Playoffs Semi-Finals

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Effective for the playoffs, parks will be released 24 hours before voting. Voting will utilize the 5 day rule, meaning we will not OFFICIALLY call it until five days have passed. Of course, if it's a blowout, we'll unofficially declare the decision. I don't think that'll happen this round though. We've got four parks that each, in their own way, can be Park of the Year candidates. Yup, they're that good.

THE WEST

Tycoon Bandits:
    ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hurricanes:
    DISNEY'S SHADOWLANDS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

THE EAST

Strangelove:
    BELOW BERMUDA

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ferocious Tigers:
    MARS COLONY EUROLAI

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

H2H4 Playoffs Semi-Finals Page

*** FINALS PARK #1 IS DUE ON TUESDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2006, AT 11:59 PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME. PLEASE SEND ALL ENTRIES TO NEDESIGNS@GMAIL.COM ***

If anyone can upload these to mirrors, that'd be really cool.

Also, I think Strangelove have a version of the park that's not covered by water. Just send me a new .zip with both versions and I'll simply upload the new file and replace the old one.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Is it possible??? All 4 parks in AND complete??? and pretty freakin' awesome???
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    They did have a month. And it's the playoffs. Something you plan for well in advance. ;)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Disney's Shadowlands - The Hurricanes

The Good
    The most amazing details in any park I have ever seen. Charnbog hovering over bald mountain = :OMG: The Arcade in the Tron area... peel it open, I love those motorbikes... The flat rides, pardon... The 4 coolest flat rides I have ever seen, Virus and Boomerang = Posted Image and the coasters were all very well done with the Disney mountain themes. I can't belive you pulled off Disney this way in an H2H4 park, damn... I think my fav area is right by the ship with the lightning facade, then there was that burning sky facade behind Dragons tower, oh and the parks name/logo reflected onto the entry building, wow so much amazing stuff... park of the year by a mile ihmo :) Shit, maybe my favorite H2H park ever, it's right up there with Ed's classics.

The Bad
    I doubt anyone knows that the Tron area is Disney related *cough* and some things seemed a tad rushed, but at leased it had 4 corners ;)

Alice In Wonderland - Tycoon Bandits

The Good
    Really awesome park, I loved the rabbit hole where the peeps fall in and some of those buildings were really well done, you created some great little atmosphears. I think the beat part is the tea table at the entrance, took me a bit to spot it, and the wine celler, awesome touch. A wonderful park indeed ;)

The Bad
    Way to many trees for a playoff park, you did mix them up well, but still it eats up about 25% of the map when you add it all up. Also none of the tracked rides had very good layouts tho the reel and other flat rides were themed very well.

Take a wild guess where my votes going...

Reviews on the East match-up later...
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Huh, it is missing a4d.... file to open the Strangelove's park... Anyone?
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Try the file again, Cork's updated it with a new version where I (as team captain) included the data file.

And a version without water (thank god that's allowed).

Ride6
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    http://www.freewebs....kx/therides.htm

That got it to open for me.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Much as I love the look of those rock formations, that Below Bermuda is an idea for a park that i've wanted to see realised for a very long time.
    Congratulations both teams for making wonderful-looking parks.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    What an awesome round. The East parks are more to my liking because the coasters are more fun to watch, but I really like all four. Nice to see that someone other that Roomie has the skill and sense of possibility to make a shoestring/antigravity coaster work. Shades of Insania there.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    to bad stangelove didn't use my transparante water tiles, that would made it really cool.
    I shall look at the parks when I'm at home :D .
  • JJ%s's Photo
    woah. They all look really, really good. Can't wait until I get home so that I can view them :D
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    looks like our park is the only one, technically, unfinished. There is still more to see in our park than any of the other three as i see it. A huge hand goes out to the parkmakers of my team that came with the great ideas such as the canyon ride and the huge start to the split-train coaster. Too bad that lifthill doesn't work, could it be that the trains are backwards? It would have been lovely if it did..

Strangelove's park, to me, was more of a gimmick than anything. The castle like building is nice, the parkmaker so evident (i think) Personally, i think nicer things could be done with the underwater area, to make it have more actual rct quality. Still, a very nice idea.

The West match-up, is probably of lesser quality on one hand but of more on the other. More finished parks. I loved the black sculpture above bald mountain. The rest of the Hurricane's park was really only so so. I loved the Bandits park with a passion. The lift where the guests jump out is ingenious! Peep-accessible. I loved the virginia reel in the castle, the beemer was meager but overall a very 'fun' park and i'd love to see more of its kind.

Tigers and Bandits, both by some length, imo.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I'd disagree. I'd say Disney's Shadowlands is the park with the most to see, because there are TONS of details. Sadly. I'll take your vote though. :lol: DS is a great park, but it still lacks a unity that you'd like to see in all parks no matter how big or small. It doesn't look good as a whole; you have to look at it in parts.

But man, the refinment on Mars Colony Eurolai... that's the best RCT 2 space theme I've ever seen executed, and had it been complete, I think it would have topped Slime Meridian.

The thing is... even though it's technically incomplete, it's still pretty much done. People forget (or just don't know) that Ghost Cell Crisis was technically incomplete as well. And look where that went! :lol:

Gonna look at the uncovered version of Below Bermuda later, but it's a pretty neat park. Great idea, at least. Knowing the circumstances behind the park construction makes me even more impressed. However, out of the four that we have, I'd rank this one the lowest. Not that it sucks or anything. It's more like the "least incredible" as opposed to "the worst." :)

And what can I say about Alice in Wonderland? This is an incredible WORLD. Kudos to our two players for collaborating on this. The vision is just incredible, and even though it's technically overtreed, for once, I think it lends to the atmosphere. Sure, it could have had less trees, but then it would be merely a park, as opposed to a whole fantastical realm, which is what the parkmakers were going for.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    The is first time i'm finding it hard to fault parks. I will review them when the voting starts but damn, this is gunna be one close call!
  • Levis%s's Photo
    Bandids Park

Wow, this park was really nice. The archy was pretty good and there was a good atmosphere in the different area’s, but the huge amount of foliage spoiled it a bit for me. The overuse of the trees put down the atmosphere.
    Some of the attractions where done very nicely, I enjoyed the thing you’ve done with the elevator in the rabbits hole.
    What I kind of disliked was that all the archy looked the same but from the read me I understood that they where completely different area’s.

Hurricanes Park

Well will there ever been a better park than this? The details are really awesome and there are some really beautiful things in it (that ship is really cool :D ).
    The badlands area I liked the leased but still it is very cool. The tron area is a bit hit or miss in my eyes but for me it’s a complete hit !
    A park that really has a good Disney feeling. This one will get my vote.

Strangeloves Park

Well what to say about this one. The idea was nice (I’m working on the same idea also right now in a solo) but like I said the execution could be better, for example you could use my transparent water tiles, that would allow you to make the upper part of the water transparent to.
    The underwater archy wasn’t bad but the overuse of the track spoiled it a bit for me.
    And why you hacked the coaster like this I can’t understand to … what is the purpose of this ?

Tigers Park

I see you’ve had fun with the splitting coaster hack …. To bad the last part don’t work and the coaster crashes ….
    The park has some nice things :) , the archy isn’t bad and the landscaping has some really nice things.
    This park will get my vote to.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Although I haven't seen the East parks in-game yet, I'm already leaning for the Tigers. That could change quickly though.

As for the West, well, I'm definitely impressed by the Hurricanes effort. The Bald Mtn bat is just godly. Some nifty custom lettering and flat rides strewn about, but other than that, just an above-average park for me. Our park certainly has its moments too. Good ones and bad ones.

It'll real interesting to see how the voting goes....
    As I see it, it'll be Bandits / Tigers :mantis:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Im stunned, everyone seems to want to vote for their teams own park :0

Also I guess most people are holding there feedback for the voting topics, so im gona save my comments on the other pair for that.

Sucks that i'll be at work when the vote goes up :(
  • X250%s's Photo
    ooo all four parks look good, i'll check them out tommorow. :)

Well done to all four teams for getting in what looks like four amazing parks, and also congrats to Kumba for getting the parks posted up in record time!!

But i must say, the hurricanes park does look the best of the bunch in my opinion.

-X-
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Thank Cork for putting them up so fast, that was all him.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Haven't looked at the parks yet, but the look amazing. somehow, I think the travesty that H2H4 was turning into has just been redeemed!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading