H2H4 / H2H4 Playoffs Semi-Finals

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ^ See? Things always work out. ;)
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yeah, wow. Some of the best things i've ever seen done.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Missing an object/ride with Hurricanes...

NVM...

Edited by trav, 29 November 2006 - 03:00 PM.

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Disney's Shadowlands...

Park of the Year. Parkmaker of the Year. Two birds with one stone. I could possibly find fault with some of the coasters, but wow, other than that it's amazingly well done. Just amazing. It's tough to vote against Alice in Wonderland -- with those two perfect castles, and a lot of really clever ideas like the caterpiller and the various uses of mushrooms and the cleverly designed coaster and such. But I actually think that one tends to work better if you view it in chunks than all together. A bit too heavy on the trees I think. It also uses a lot of custom scenery, with isn't a negative, but Shadowlands manages to look amazingly realistic without any special Disney theming. Really good job to both teams. With Shadowlands...it's too bad you can't submit RCT parks to Disney as an application. Cause I think they'd have to hire you on the spot. As impressive as the parkmaking is, it's the ideas behind it that really impress.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Strangeloves Park

Well what to say about this one. The idea was nice (I’m working on the same idea also right now in a solo) but like I said the execution could be better, for example you could use my transparent water tiles, that would allow you to make the upper part of the water transparent to.
    The underwater archy wasn’t bad but the overuse of the track spoiled it a bit for me.
    And why you hacked the coaster like this I can’t understand to … what is the purpose of this ?

We (Strangelove) were not aware that transparent water tiles existed and seeing how our team lacks anyone confident in object making didn't try to make any. I believe the coaster was hacked "like that" to represent the parts of the crashed plane drifting down to the bottom.

Just figured I'd clear things up a bit. You're other comment about the track use, well, I guess it can't be helped that that's the way the parkmaker claims to have imagined the whole thing looking in rct.

Ride6
  • posix%s's Photo
    certainly. wow.
    this was so unexpected!!!

i agree with ed. that disney park was quite something.
    also for my poor cpu ...
  • Levis%s's Photo

We (Strangelove) were not aware that transparent water tiles existed and seeing how our team lacks anyone confident in object making didn't try to make any. I believe the coaster was hacked "like that" to represent the parts of the crashed plane drifting down to the bottom.

Just figured I'd clear things up a bit. You're other comment about the track use, well, I guess it can't be helped that that's the way the parkmaker claims to have imagined the whole thing looking in rct.

Ride6

ok :) the hack was done nice than :) , I couldn't get why but now I understand :) .

here you find the transparant water tiles (maybe you are intrested).

yeah the track usage for this was good but in my eyes overdone, I think it would looked better if you used less track ....
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    :w00t: They cancled work for tonight, thats the good/bad thing about working on a boat, you get unexpected time off, but you can miss paychecks...

So if Cork aint around i'll post the polls... or im so excited I may just post them sooner... tho that sorta brakes... my rule hahhahahahahhh :SA:

G0 CANES! :D
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Alice opens for me, but after about a minute it Error Trapper occurs...this has happened twice...it might have something to do with me removing the peeps with 8cars...my PC just can't handle that.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    VOTE FOR THE WEST:
    http://forums.nedesi...showtopic=15837

VOTE FOR THE EAST:
    http://forums.nedesi...showtopic=15836

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading