H2H4 / Best Playoff Park?

Which Playoff park do you think was the best?

1. Disney's Shadowland 32 votes [64.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 64.00%
  2. Alice in Wonderland 12 votes [24.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 24.00%
  3. Mars Colony Eurolai 5 votes [10.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 10.00%
  4. Below Bermuda 1 vote [2.00%]
    Percentage of vote: 2.00%
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Ok last one of these as the finals will be one match up at a time.

My vote goes to Shadowland, just a totally amazing park. It was a little rushed in the end and had to go from about 85% to 100% in 24 hours, but Ryan did a really good job with it. Also it was gona be our week 9 park untill it started looking really strong and like we may not need a win week 9 so we swaped it was our true playoff park, so be forwarned that there is still one more monster catogory 5 Hurricanes park churning out there ;)

Recap from the season:

Week 1: Winner - Strangelove - The Seige at Castle Grijs by Ride6 & tracidEdge
    Week 2: Winner - Strangelove - Slime Meridian by Fatha' & rainbow connection
    Week 3: Winner - Hurricanes - The Great Carolina Quarry by Kumba & ekimmel
    Week 4: Winner - Tycoon Bandits - Hallowhusk Cove by Corkscrewed & JKay
    Week 5: Winner - Hurricanes - Tierra Aventura by Steve & J K
    Week 6: Winner - Ferocious Tigers - Kitabasaki Dragonland by Coaster Ed
    Week 7: Winner - Tycoon Bandits - Kukuana by Turtle & RCTFAN
    Week 8: Winner - Ferocious Tigers - Harkview Heights by Geewhzz & Drew
    Week 9: Winner - Hurricanes - Arcade by Gymkid & Xcoaster
    Week 10: Winner - Ferocious Tigers - Cutless Coast by 5Dave & Phil
  • BreakAway%s's Photo
    I've got to give it up to Shadowlands. Really detailed and amazing. Although messy in places, it was really good. I'd vote for my team's park but DSL beat us. And I have to give em' credit for that.

vote= DSL
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Shadowland. The sheer amount of detail basically won me over and the fact that somebody knew Tron actually existed :p . Plus Bald Mountain would probably be my pick for Best Steel Coaster in this competition.

So yeeeah, Shadowland.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Btw from my "supertopic!"

Post-Season Prejections

Playoffs
    The Tycoon Bandits vs. The Hurricanes = Hurricanes win 43-32
    Strangelove vs. The Ferocious Tigers = Ferocious Tigers win 47-12

Damn im good :SA:
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Come on, theres noway Shadowland is 19/3 (thats the vote total right now) better than Wonderland. The results of this poll are so freakin skewed right now its not even funny. 8@ I guess all the people who like Wonderland better havent been on NE in the last 24 hrs or so....

Edited by ride_exchanger, 06 December 2006 - 07:16 AM.

• trav%s's Photo
    Alice In Wonderland, it was truly amazing imo.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Truthfully, I prefered Alice In Wonderland, but Shadowland was quite amazing aswell...they should share the Park of the Year award :p
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Alice as for some reason it reminds me of trav. Not the park but the name.
  • trav%s's Photo
    ^Hmmm, I wonder why. :p
  • Levis%s's Photo

Truthfully, I prefered Alice In Wonderland, but Shadowland was quite amazing aswell...they should share the Park of the Year award :p

don't give away the trophys to soon, we've got 4 or 6 more parks to come ;) .
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Yeah, you're right...I was just saying :p
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    I really enjoyed the appeal to my eyes that Alice in Wonderland had over Disney's Shadowlands. Also, the peep friendliness is a definite plus.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    Isn't this poll a bit double?
    People already voted for the parks!

Here is the REAL list:

Week 1: The Ragnarok - Hurricanes 54 votes
    Week 2: Mont Saint Michel - Tycoon Bandits 69 votes
    Week 3: The Great Carolina Quarry - Hurricanes 53 votes
    Week 4: Hollowhusk Cove - Tycoon Bandits 58 votes
    Week 5: Kilika - Italian Stallions 60 votes
    Week 6: Mamba Kilima - Strangelove 44 votes
    Week 7: Kukuana - Tycoon Bandits 57 votes
    Week 8: Harkview Heights - Ferocious Tigers 34 votes
    Week 9: Arcade - Hurricanes 42 votes
    Week 10:Cutlass Coast - Ferocious Tigers 52 votes

Semifinals: Disney Shadowlands - Hurricanes
    Mars Colony Eurolai - Ferocious Tigers
    both 45 votes

Best park sofar: Mont Saint Michel

Mama Bear
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    I don't think this is double.
    In a week with two matchups everybody has two votes, but here it is just one vote and that might change the outcome a lot.

Best example was that week where a park won best park of the week but lost its matchup.

Apart from that some matchups are really obvious and the winning park gets a lot of votes. Other matchups are really close and the winning park gets less votes because there is just a certain number of people who will vote.

Last but not least, there were more total votes per matchup at the beginning of the season and this would be an unfair advantage for those early parks in your system.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo
    ^You definitely have a point there. But the often big differences between the first outcome and this poll are remarkable to say the least.
    I think people shouldn't know the parkmakers until after this poll is closed. Since it is part of the game, the same rules should apply. Maybe an idea for next year?

Mama Bear
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    How is that the "real" list again?

(Your best park of week 3, by the way, recieved exactly 0 votes. It was a forfeit. :) )
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    yeah. fuck the ragnarok.

also, mama bear, this isn't part of the actual competition, this is just a fun little side poll to see which parks were everyone's favorites of the week.
  • Mama Bear%s's Photo

How is that the "real" list again?

(Your best park of week 3, by the way, recieved exactly 0 votes. It was a forfeit. :) )

Well, I based the list on given votes as shown HERE. The number must have been based on something?!

Don't eat me! I just thought it was a little weird to have a voting and then have another voting on practically the same issue this time with the parkmakers known. It is quite all right with me really, I just wondered what it was adding.......

Mama Bear
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah but thats not a good way to rank the parks coz in many cases a park got a high number of votes just coz the other one sucked, it's mostly luck when you get a super high number like MSM did.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well the idea is that people get to vote at the end of the week on which park they liked the best out of all of them, whereas the official votes are just on the two parks involved in that matchup. Some weeks there were six parks, some weeks there were four, and one week there were only two parks. It is kindof redundant this week since the two west parks were so much better than the other two parks, but usually it turns out a little differently.

I was just pointing out one way in which those vote totals can be misleading. A vote was taken that round, but with the knowledge that one of the parks had been disqualified -- and that park was mostly unfinished anyway. So it's not surprising The Great Carolina Quarry got a ton of votes because almost everyone voted for it. I don't think I even bothered voting for that matchup, cause there was no point. (It was a very good park nonetheless). And I don't want to slight Mont Saint Michel because it was undoubtedly one of the best parks of the year, but again the vote totals have as much to do with the quality of the competition as the quality of the winning park. (Not to mention the LL vs. RCT2 issue :rolleyes: ) Like Alice in Wonderland for example. That would have cleaned up against a weaker park, but it got a lot less votes against a really good park like Shadowlands. If anything the vote % means more than the vote total.

And we already kindof argued the point earlier that the list of "park of the week" winners should not be the same as the list of park of the year nominees. The runner up park one week may be a lot better than the best park of a different week. Like week 2 which had Slime Meridian and Mont Saint Michel, both probable park of the year nominees.

It'll be interesting to see the unfinished finals parks from the eliminated teams that get posted. It sounds like the Tycoon Bandits had a lot in production anyway.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading