(Archive) Advertising District / Midnight Cove

• -MoNtU...%s's Photo
    Yes, I decided to get into rct2.. and to tell you the truth, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Posted Image

Entrance area- This whole land, which takes up 25% of the map, has a pirate theme goin' for it.

Posted Image

Shipwreck Falls- Note: I'm having a little issue merging track where the boats just spin at the bottom of the hill, or I get an error trapper. So the way it is right now is just temporary until I figure out my issue.

:mantis:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Looks way to much like some stuff Chris (Artist) has made, I am not impressed by that. I guess the good new is that he is a hell of a parkmaker and you do follow his style pretty well, but it just seems copied to me, which is funny as he's been known to copy too :p

Mix it up a little and come up with your own ideas.
  • spartan%s's Photo
    It looks really good but like Kumba said it really reminds me of some of Artist's stuff (Island of Enchantment).

Edited by spartan, 05 December 2006 - 07:58 PM.

• zburns999%s's Photo
    Although I havn't been around long enough to draw a connection between that and Artist's stuff, the first thing that hit me was how much that looked like something I've seen a million times. Tis good, but boring in a way. But if you're having fun, that's all that matters.
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    I've definitelty seen something like this before.....but it's still excellent....great entrance!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Ooooh, I like the Steve-ly influences you have here. This could totally be a spotlight-winning park.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    That lighthouse has been done so many times now lol, including one from me!

It looks good so far but not much really new.
  • z3r0-G%s's Photo

Although I havn't been around long enough to draw a connection between that and Artist's stuff, the first thing that hit me was how much that looked like something I've seen a million times.

^QFT. It does look good though.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Don't be discouraged by everyone saying it's nothing fresh, because while it's not, I'm getting the felling from the screens that that's not what you care about anyway. I hope to god the enjoyment of the game you seem to be projecting in the screens is true because if it is we might finally start seeing full size parks again.

Ride6
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Yeah, I agree with you, Ride6. Although my reason for not making full-sized parks is not that - it's that I can't stick with the same three or four themes for that long. :p

But yeah, I agree with Ride6.

About the park specifically, good work, it reminds me of artist's IOE, but in a good way, and you are enjoying the game, so I don't care. Good work. :)
  • Carl%s's Photo
    You all are acting like imitating artist is a bad thing. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

Keep going with your work, MoNtU, you have some skill, and as many have said before, practice makes perfect.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    As said before, artist's stlye. But hell he didn't make this did he? So its yours. Just take some of your own ideas and throw them into a blender. Bam! This could get good...
    -JDP
  • Panic%s's Photo

You all are acting like imitating artist is a bad thing. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;)

True, but flattery isn't the point of parkmaking..

But it looks real nice in objectivity. I'd maybe suggest raising the height of those buildings in the first screen one level.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    It doesn't really look like a first RCT2 park (even if you copied some parkmaker stuff)...
    Anyway, you have done a good job. I'd like to see some screens which show your own style, you just have to keep practicing and then start modifying your current ways of building, etc...so then, you'll form your own style. This pics look promising, so keep going. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    Maybe you could put a couple of flower beds or some trees in the entrance area because theres alot of path at the minute and it could do with being broken up abit.

About the whole it looks like Artists work thing, this isnt a bad thing. Just use this as a template to create your own style, maybe bringing in aspects of other peoples and mix it all together. But most of all, as long as your having fun with the game then play it in your own way.
  • artist%s's Photo
    Sort the foliage out, it needs alot of work.

Its very good for a first park but you need to work on alot, for example your pathing and landscaping.

Keep going. It looks promising.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Looks good. Keep up the good work and continue to develop your style.

James - RCTNW

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading