(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Olive Shores *Finished*

• Lloyd%s's Photo
    Here's the link, it's all done. http://www.badongo.com/file/1911106

I'd really appreciate some feedback, that would be great.

Well guys, i've taken some time off from the game recently, i guess i just lost inspiration. I'm back now though with something i'm calling Olive Shores. It's only a micro park, about 35x35 if i remember rightly, but it's something that i'll finish. The main theme is based on a small fishing village, that has been taken over by pirates. It's not peep friendly but the main attraction is a Quest to regain power of the village. Riders travel through the streets in compact mine carts, shooting targets and such as they go.

http://img19.imagesh...veshoresxs5.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by emo_ffaf, 23 December 2006 - 04:02 PM.

• posix%s's Photo
    doesn't apply anymore since he changed the initial post...

Edited by posix, 25 December 2006 - 02:01 PM.

• Genius638%s's Photo
    I think it's very good. Since it's a micro park, I would expect you're going to be paying extreme attention to details.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I don't like the awnings at all in that screen. Other than that, creative idea and not bad.
  • Grand Admiral%s's Photo
    Very good. It has the look of a small fishing village. Although there could be more variety in your colors and it has some lacking of a pirate aatmosphere.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    There isn't really much to comment on for how big the screen is...my only suggestions is make sure those posts are hacked all the way down into the water (can't tell if they are or aren't). Also I suggest changing the steps down to the planks....as there is one giant step...down to the small steps...

I don't think the roman wall fits either.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I've edited the first post with the DL link. If a Mod could move this to the 'place to release your parks land' then i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edited by emo_ffaf, 23 December 2006 - 03:38 PM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    Moved...
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ Thanks OLE,

Just to clear it up, there was a link to an image in the first post, here it is again:

http://img19.imagesh...veshoresxs5.jpg

Anyone have any constructive criticism? :(
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Would anyone be so kind as to download it? :( I'm looking to improve, and seeing as this is my only released work, some feedback would be great!
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Uh... I clicked the link and it brought me to a download for Adobe Flash Player. Not your park.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ...I just checked the link and it seems fine?!

Anyone else having this problem? And does it not take you to the right site? or not give you the zip file or what?
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    It worked fine for me...
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Okay, now it works. Very enjoyable, yet very small, as a micro park would be. Can't wait to see more from you. :)
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    I took a quick look at it. The buildings have nice detail but they're still basically square. The colors work pretty well. Those waterfalls need some work. I think using the full 1/4 tile water rapids along with the 1/8th tile rapids would make it look a lot better. I didn't look at the track layout for the mouse closely but it looked interesting.

Go take a look at the H2H4 parks to see how some of that stuff is done properly.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading