(Archive) Advertising District / The Park With No Name

• nimrod%s's Photo
    I've been playing RCT2 for awhile now and everytime I was about to finish, or finished a park, my computer would break, or something would happen to my computer. Now I finally got a new one that isn't a piece of poopy. I just wanted to make a nice, mellow park or something like that, not really crazy with details.

Posted Image

This is the first coaster, Dragonfly, and this is also my first time making custom supports, please tell me how I can fix them because I think they look kind of weird.

Posted Image

Here's part of the queue line.

Posted Image

A burger place and Carousel.

Posted Image

And some more buildings

Tell me what you think.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    The third screen looks so much like something that would have been shown in that little slide show type thing that plays when you put Loopy Landscapes in.

Anyway, these screens are all really damn impressive. Foliage is good, landscaping is good, atmosphere seems really nice...but the colors for that last screen may be a bit too much (texture and color).

By the way, welcome to NE

Edited by zburns999, 23 December 2006 - 01:38 PM.

• ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Move the supports to the other side of the turn to be more realistic.

-Ryan
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Yeah, I definitely agree with ^ that comment. Always have your coaster train swinging or banking away from the supports, not towards them. Your work is pretty good otherwise.
  • nimrod%s's Photo
    Thanks everybody

I'm changing the supports now and working on finishing them and theming and other stuff.
    New picture maybe tomorrow.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Nice, nice...

First of all, welcome to NE!

Screen 1: it's interesting to see a suspended coaster, they're not very often on the boards, I'm glad that somebody helps keeping them alive. I don't like very much the colors, if I were you, I'd paint the supports grey. The supports are ok, but they don't look very arrow-ish...arrow suspended coasters uses other type of supports, which are thicker. But if you want to keep them, I suggest using this piece Posted Image for joining the supports with the track.

Screen 2: the foliage is good, I like the trees selection, although that part looks a little bit crowed. You could add some flowers, I'd use yellow or red flowers.

Screen 3: I like where you placed the carroussel...on that little mountain, that makes it look like more important. The burger place is well done, the textures you used are also nice...I just think that the building is kinda small. I mean, is this like a restaurant, I mean with chairs tables and stuff? if it is, you should make it larger.

Screen 4: I like your style...it reminds me to Jazz's (less detailed though, but you can improve that). The buildings are ok, but they look kinda repetitive. I don't have any complaint with the colors, I think that they create a vivacious atmosphere. On this area, you should add yellow flowers (where you have placed the foliage of course), I think they'd look nice.

Anyway, this park looks interesting...your work is promising IMO. Keep us updated.
  • nimrod%s's Photo
    Is this any better?

Posted Image
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Yeah, that's better...
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    The support on the far right looks ready to fall over, try putting in a vertical support in there like you did with a few other supports.

-Ryan
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah definately add to that support on the right, it looks like it's defying the laws of gravity at the moment. Apart from that i'm pretty impressed. Like RCfanB&M said, you don't see many suspended coasters, and you're doing a decent job of making one. The only thing that turns me off is the colours in the 4th screen you showed. The forms of the buildings, mainly the right one, look a bit weird too. Good work though, keep it up!

Oh, and in that second pic, with the queue over the pathway, i'd make the supports/columns for the 'bridge' wider. They look really thin and unsafe at the moment.

Edited by emo_ffaf, 23 December 2006 - 08:10 AM.

• Phatage%s's Photo

Move the supports to the other side of the turn to be more realistic.

-Ryan

Actually, having them on that side of the suspended track isn't that unrealistic, look at Big Bad Wolf, probably the best suspended around now (only the bat could have probably beat it).
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    yep^

Very nice layout as well by the looks of it.
  • Arez%s's Photo
    The supports need work, but I love the layout. :)
  • nimrod%s's Photo
    I was trying to fix some of the supports but something is weird is happening when I try to restore the clearances.

I zero the clearances and when I try to restore them, they don't, and everything keeps on glitching and I don't know what is happening. Can anyone help?
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    That may be because you saved the game with zero clearlances...restart the game...open the park again, and restore the clearlances...that should work.
  • nimrod%s's Photo
    I have the game saved with 2 different names and both of them are normal but whenever I zero clearances and restore them, they don't restore.
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    That's weird.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    I'm thinking this may be a bad version of 8Cars. Somebody else will have to put up a download tho cos I'm not sure which version is the best one...
  • RCFanB&M%s's Photo
    Here:

http://rapidshare.co.../8cars.zip.html

Mine works so...

Edited by RCFanB&M, 23 December 2006 - 11:53 PM.

• nimrod%s's Photo
    The problem got fixed I don't know how but it stopped.

Posted Image

Here's a cookie shop and the station for Dragonfly.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading