(Archive) Advertising District / Kingdoms of Zaria

• Lloyd%s's Photo
    Well guys, i finished a micro park so now its on to bigger (and hopefully better) things. I've started a new solo, which at this moment in time i can't tell you much about. I dont want to pre-plan themed areas, as they're likely to change :D

Here's something to kick things off with: Entry Plaza

Posted Image

Comments please?

Edited by Lloyd, 22 February 2007 - 08:50 AM.

• woofenskid%s's Photo
    wow.. those colors.. but somehow, they work. I like the feeling i get from this screen, it's got a very.. i don't know, almost rustic feeling to it.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah i went out on a limb with the colours. I suppose i'm bored of the same old, same old. Ofcourse i'm not saying that the colours will be like this throughout!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    You are getting better, I like it, but I hate those blurry flowers, always have...
  • Carl%s's Photo
    The archy is solid, good color scheme, but I dont like the use of those tall trees in this case, I think they are the "Scots Pine Trees"
  • trav%s's Photo
    The foliage is crap to be honest. The archy is cool though, interesting colours. I don't like the bins either...I think the regular bins that come with the game would be better.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Yeah, the full tile trees are not very good. Rework those a little. The archy and colors are nice tho. The large windows and doorways kind of give it a unique feel. I also like the use of ivy on the buildings. It gives it kind of a lush, relaxing feel.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I have a story behind the park now. I'll type it up tomorrow, but for now i'll leave you with this:

Posted Image

Thanks for the comments so far guys!
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Hate to double post, but can i ask what you think of the colours inparticular? I think they work but i'd like your opinions.
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    the colors are great, and it looks like you have agreat atmosphere iage.....I dislike the borwn path in the middle, I would turn it to gray....but that might take away from the overall look....I'd have to see it. It looks fantastic, keep up the good work!
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I like the aqua blue/light red color combination. You could use a few more colors to vary it a bit, but I can't complain about what you have. It's looking good.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Just like Xcoaster said that combination of aqua/red goes really well with the surroundings. The second screen seems very misterious.

Keep it up!Posted Image

-RCTCA-
  • Levis%s's Photo
    it looks pretty nice but I misses something .... maybe you could add some minor things to the buildins is some brither colors.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments everyone, i've reworked the little things like bins etc, and also concentrated on the foliage in the first screen. Now for a little more. I don't want to show too much of this because I think if you over advertise, then the atmosphere kinda goes. More to come of this coaster though...

Posted Image

It is still slightly unfinished, I went back after I had taken the pic and noticed little things, nothing too major though, I suppose.

Comments, please?
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    I don't see how there is enough foliage to concentrate on, but you do have the amount of foliage pretty much right. I like it for the most part, but the rock arch(bottom) could use some work with the inside. Other than that it looks alright. I like.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah, foliage and that little bit of rock arch, little things i saw myself and changed, I should have really gone back and re-taken the pic, but i suppose i'm too lazy. I will post an update pic soon. Thanks.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Updated Pic, from another angle:

Posted Image
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Too much rock.

Not bad, otherwise.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Nice use of colors on the buildings. That's not a mix you see too often. The pink doesn't look too great though, it seems to be working against the other choices.

Edited by Todd Lee, 10 January 2007 - 03:28 PM.

• J K%s's Photo
    I love how you've themed the station then the drop into the lifthill, Nice job. The only things i can really say for you to do is to add a bit more detail to the buildings, develop a consistent theme throughout the area and add a few higher trees with a grass texture. It'll bring the whole screen together then. Nice work.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading