(Archive) Advertising District / Project Logos

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Well they kinda have a indoor skydive chain going and I can see them having one in a themepark like they do at Universal Hollywood. They are technically balloons, but I was using them for a cloud facade...

It's a 2012 release for sure. We need to make sure this gets out before we all die of everyone thinking the world is going to end :p
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    If iFly is an existing brand/chain thing (whatever it is), forget what I said.
  • -Piggynator-%s's Photo
    :birthday:
  • J K%s's Photo
    Love it Darren. I can't wait to see this thing in it's full glory!!!
  • Levis%s's Photo
    finish the damn thing dude its looking sweeeeet :D
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

Walt the park is all based on science. The name is Latin for "the logics" or something like that, idk for sure, maybe Ryan can enlighten us... all I know is this "Logos" and park "logos" is not the same ;)

Long story short, the park was called Scientifica, we had to change it due to H2H anonymity, and Logos was the best new name I could think of. We probably should've just gone with Scienceland, as Logos is a bit terrible. Other supporting stuff:
    Logos = logic
    Pathos = emotion
    Ethos = ethics
    It's basically Epcot 2, so maybe it makes sense that it'd have a weird name.
    The park has 5 areas (biology, earth science, physics, astronomy, chemistry) so I thought a logo using one for each letter could work. I had this tiny nonsense on that idea:
    Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Anyways, Happy Birthday, and the latest screen looks awesome. I'm guessing you made an object based on the balloon stand?
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    That's really freakin awesome guys, can't wait.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    ^^Correct me if I'm wrong but Isn't 'logos' ancient greek? Had it been latin it'd have to be logus/loga. Whilst ancient greek words end with 'os' or 'as'.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It's indeed Greek. Logos, pathos and ethos don't even sound Latin, but yeah whatever. ;) -Os and -as can be Latin too though, depending on the gender and case and stuff of the word in question.

Science sounds pretty Latin though.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I am expecting a trio of parks upon Logos' completion. I want to see Pathos and Ethos!
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    haha, that would be cool!
    The new screen is also very nice. I'm fascinated by the baloons/clouds.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Pathos would be great. An emotion-themed park always seemed interesting to me... How to translate abstract concepts like emotions into themepark rides and features, without using cheap metaphors? If there's someone who can do this, it'd probably be XCoaster.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    happy birthday dude and nice screen; creative
    -JDP
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I really can't imagine how ethics would work though. Would it be themed to common ethical dilemmas? Like, an abortion area, a nuclear weapons area, and a capital punishment area?

Oh, and I don't think I've posted in this thread yet, so I just wanted to say this is probably the park I'm looking most forward to, you're both fantastic builders.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    We worked in a little homage to highline park in the Earth Sci. area...

Posted Image
  • posix%s's Photo
    That's impressive.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Good idea.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    very nice. the original is also very interesting.
  • snas%s's Photo
    Wow I see some really nice parts, hacks and ideas. :)
    But I think this park is a little bit chaotic and is missing structure. I can't find the rest in the screens.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Gona double post so this starts a new page. First here are the results of the statue poll:

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading