(Archive) Advertising District / Brook Haven

• CoasterCrzy%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Shows a bit of the Giga Mercury and its station area, and the swinging ship Galley.

Hope you like it. :)
  • jon%s's Photo
    That actually looks very good. VERY good. But there are some things that need improvement and work. Firstly, the two colours of flowers never work, and the colours don't fir this theme at all. Maybe just stick to yellow or maybe even try pink/purple? The queue line looks good, but maybe change the land colour under it to the light sand.

I have no problem with the architecturea at all, it looks very well built and detailed. The whole screen has a nice pleasant atmosphere. Nothing extraordinary, but still very nice. Good job.
  • screamy mimi%s's Photo
    The supports are WAY too cluttered and the transfer track isn't long enough for the trains. Other than that it's very good.
  • CoasterCrzy%s's Photo
    Jon-I'll try the flowers, see how it looks, I'll try the sand under the queue too. Thanks.

screamy mimi-The supports are unfinished a a redone I'll probably do when I feel like it. The transfer track(s) go into the building you see there, so it is long enough. Thanks also.

Any more are welcome and appreciated. :)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    it's all 2x2, more or less. =\

also, that rock on the left could be pulled off better. and some foliage wouldn't go amiss there, either.
  • CoasterCrzy%s's Photo
    lol ever see artist's work? Same thing but it works right?

idk if I should be comparing myself to artist though...

And yes theres foliage though not in this particular screen...
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    You shouldn't. Especially as this is just a cheap imitation.

Also, the transfer track is NOT long enough for the trains. Take some time to find out how they work before putting one into your park.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I got to watch Tatsu break down the third time I was there, and saw the whole transfer track thing and everything. So I don't know if Tatsu is different from all other rides, but the tracks were pulled up to be right next to the swap-out brake section from the kin dof storage shed.
    So in that picture, to fit how I have seen transfers done, it works. The track with the spare train would be pulled back and put in the space where the "bad train" had been taken out, filling the empty shed space.
    EDIT: although the transfer tracks should be farther ahead of the transfer piece on the ride, because now it has no room to come over and be pushed forward...

It all looks great besides that to me, CoasterCrzy

Edited by Ling, 07 January 2007 - 12:23 PM.

• ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    What?

-Ryan
  • Ling%s's Photo
    LOL

okay, what do I need to explain better? (please don't say "everything")
    What are swap-out brakes? If possible can u just make a sketch of it? Thanks!

-Ryan
  • Arez%s's Photo
    Great Screen, Nicely done.
  • screamy mimi%s's Photo
    No, the track that the trains are on don't move. The main break segment moves over to
    the place where the resting trains are, the trains move forward onto the "transfer track", the track moves back into the normal position and the train moves into the station.
    Posted Image
  • CoasterCrzy%s's Photo
    Wait I'm confused, why doesn't it work?

Thanks for the replies btw.
    It doesnt work because your moving transfer track is way shorter than your train.

-Ryan
  • CoasterCrzy%s's Photo
    Oh I get it now....

Ok thanks, I'll fix that.
  • Alex Rider%s's Photo

No, the track that the trains are on don't move. The main break segment moves over to
    the place where the resting trains are, the trains move forward onto the "transfer track", the track moves back into the normal position and the train moves into the station.

Ah but that's on a B&M. On an Intamin it's different. I can't find a picture but it'd look something like this:

Posted Image

Basically the bits of track in between the black lines moves sideways and the train is rolled backwards out of the station into the transfer. Well this is how it works on Colossus at Thorpe Park anyway. I have to admit not many people do it this way even I didn't.
  • lucas92%s's Photo

Posted Image

Hey, it's Goliath from my home park!

Topic-I can't really help you on the block brakes section, but I can say you that your archy is top notch
  • CoasterCrzy%s's Photo
    Well I believe its fixed, I changed the cars to 6 and made the transfer 5 track pieces, works right?
  • Ling%s's Photo
    ^yes

and BTW, that picture is absolutely nothing like the one I saw on Tatsu. I'll try to explain this...

The train was pulled out of the station onto the brake section just behind the station. Once the train was on this piece of track and locked in, the whole track segement moved over to the far side of the three-track-wide storage shed, and was put into the shed, next to the other two tracks. Then another track pulled forward and moved over to replace the moving brake section that left. Then everything was locked in and the train moved forward into the station.
    So the "broken" train remained in the storage shed on the original brake section and another piece of track with another train on it pulled into its place. Do you get what I mean now?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading