(Archive) Advertising District / Clovelly

• trav%s's Photo
    Hey all,

I've decided to finish this park, and increased the size a bit to 100x100. Sadly, Jon can't help me finish it because he's already got a few things going from what I understand.

A couple of screens for now...

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Levis%s's Photo
    it looks pretty nice trav :) .
    I like what youve done with the ferriswheel :) .
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    the supports for the path in the first screen need to extend through the water to the ground. i'm not a fan of how everybuilding looks the same in the 2nd screen, even if just on initial glance, and the pathing in the left hand side of that screen is a little sloppy. I think dipper's line needs to be longer, even if you just fill that space between the station and the break run with a big zig zag that would be good. i like the cave in the first screen and the rapids by the lighthouse with the sunken bushy fence. the wuartertile rock to the lower right of the ferris wheel looks out of place. the path that leads to the ferris wheel needs to be more decorated with lights or something, maybe even similar to what you have on the ferris wheel itself. the ferris wheel should be facing the other way like towards the sea
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    It's actually quite pleasant, the first screen is really nice. The second is so-so, because the large building at the bottom makes the area look quite cramped.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I quite like the buildings in the 2nd screen myself... I agree that the line for the dipper must be made longer though.

I'm really quite impressed by that atmosphere in that 2nd screen, really gets to me somehow, in a good way.

Ride6
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    Second screen is amazing. I love the carnival-like atmosphere there.

On the first screen, I agree with Phatage - turn that ferris wheel around. Also, you've got a pine tree growing out of sand - change it to mud or grass.

-ACE
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    trav's gonna finish something. Jk it looks nice cant wait to download.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Wow, trav, this is probably the most finished screen I've ever seen from you :p And it might have the nicest atmosphere of any screen I've seen from you, too. The buildings in the second screen actually have a consistent theme, thats good. Keep working on this project, its looks very good.
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    I don't care for the ferris wheel in the first pic...it's kind of...industrial looking.

In the second screen, it looks too cramped. But other than that the landscaping and buildingsare pretty good.
  • Todd Lee%s's Photo
    Nice, I like that they are both peep friendly! On the first screen, there's a 1/4 tile dirt triangle protruding into the water on the lefthand side. It's got land underwater that slopes away from the dirt, leaving a gap between the above water land and the below water land.

Also, I really like the island with the lighthouse. Just the right balance of detail there. However, I'm not really feeling the use of the gray stone walls on the ferris wheel peir. It doesn't look right.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    "trav used Massive bump of nostalgia.
    It's super effective!"
  • trav%s's Photo
    ;)
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Looks fun, good stuff!
  • ivo%s's Photo
    Looks very much like a pt2 park. In a good way. What is the idea behind the wooden coaster though?
  • trav%s's Photo
    It's from H2H4 originally is the park, so it's very old, and most of the work on it is from that time. It's meant to be a very similar park to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, with that sort of atmosphere. The blacker wooden coaster is supposed to be similar to the Grand National (Albeit only one side of it), and the browner wooden coaster is supposed to be more similar to the Big Dipper/Rollercoaster.

This is in no way representative of my best work, this is just a park that was starting 7 years ago or something, and it's nearing completion. It's not meant to look amazing, it's just meant to give off a fun atmosphere.

The original park is here:
    http://www.nedesigns...ir-in-clovelly/
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    It certainly has a cool atmosphere.

You are probably the only h2h team member advertising now :p
  • BigB%s's Photo
    I don't like the green under the path on the left side of the picture.
    The rest is full of atmosphere *_*
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Youre still working on this?
  • trav%s's Photo
    I am indeed. Very slowly but getting there.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading