(Archive) Advertising District / Jungle Project

• Hepta%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Posted Image

How is it?

Edited by Hepta, 22 July 2007 - 01:56 PM.

• woofenskid%s's Photo
    well, most of it looks good, but int he second screen behind and under the support, wouldnt there be more water? if the water was all bubbly and at land level like that it would spill over the side there.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    That drop in the 2nd screen looks fun, the size of it and the low number of supports just makes my stomic drop looking at it, which is very pleasent. Though hitting the water at that speed would hurt like hell if that waterfall is supposed to be much more than a trickle (in other words I suggest removing that particular bit of water).

I'd also suggest putting the "ice" sides behind all the waterfalls to "thicken" them up.

The folidge in both screens is alright I suppose, a little awkward but it works. The (station?) building looks good other than that rusty bit tacked on the top, I suggest coming up with something different for up on the roof, or just darkening the color and going with a flat roof throughout.

Ride6
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    Woofenskid: Your right. I'll have to fix that.

Ride6: The supports are actually temporary, and I'm going to beef them up, but I won't overdo it.
    All the waterfalls have the ice behind them except the one where the train goes underneath the waterfall, and the one that the train goes through, because that would make the water look like it pours on even more, which like you said, looks painful. On that waterfall though, It's tricky, but this isn't meant to be the most realistic park, so I guess I'm just bending the rules a little. I'll try experimenting with the roof as well. Thanks for all the help!
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    Oh, and i just noticed.. wouldnit the steel wall/baseblock crush the mud walls? they are a good deal heavier.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    No worries know I've had trains go through waterfalls before, it's just normally been at the top of a large drop, rather than the bottom.

Ride6
  • Ling%s's Photo
    not bad... the only thing I dislike is the white water on the edge with no wall
  • Carl%s's Photo
    You should add a support right where the train is in the 2nd screen, and it shouldn't be just a straight one, it should be a straight leg down with an additional angled pole outward to support the high lateral forces that are sure to exist at that point in the track...

Also, dont forget to change the land behind the falls. You've done it in some places but not others...

Edited by ride_exchanger, 22 January 2007 - 11:42 AM.

• Genius638%s's Photo
    gotta be the best waterfall I've ever seen....the coaster flying over/throguh it is also amazing. I commend you, good sir.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    So I take it you have never seen Old_Red's waterfalls...

-Ryan
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    I'd change the rusty walls into a kind of wooden walls or sth like that...
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    nope...i guess you're saying that if I see those, they'd be the best waterfalls I've ever seen?
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Indeed.

-Ryan
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Indubitably.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Still working...
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Besides the glitch, I like that screen...
    -JDP
  • Ling%s's Photo
    yes, try to hide that with some kind of archway wall in front of the stalls. The foliage and the little else you can see there looks nice though.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    Sorry, the screen is a bit outdated, I fixed the glitch a while ago. Thanks a lot guys!
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    I'm not sure about the zigzag archway...but I can'tr see the whole building so it might look okay.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    New screen.

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading