(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Port Royale

• egg_head%s's Photo
    Since i was bored of Indigo some time ago i started that, knowing, that it would never be finished anyway - just to have something to work on, when i can't see Indigo anymore :p
    Well, here's the Park.
    And a Screen:
    Posted Image
    Maybe leave some comments here.
    Wait. Does this mean Indigo is going to be released soon? Wait and see...
    egg

Edited by egg_head, 24 January 2007 - 11:49 AM.

• Levis%s's Photo
    the link is broken :(

edit1: seems link you can't go to lycos with a link. copying ulr does work.

edit2: nm, copying ulr does work but you still don't get the file ... try to upload it at rapidshare or something like that.

Edited by Levis, 24 January 2007 - 09:15 AM.

• egg_head%s's Photo
    Thanks, I will.
    EDIT: Link

Edited by egg_head, 24 January 2007 - 09:48 AM.

• RCTCA%s's Photo
    Just wait a few minutes while I upload the park to my site. I'll edit this post with the download. Then you can update the first post with the new download. :mantis:

EDIT: Port Royal Download

If you do Save Target as the download will be faster. :)

Enjoy!!

/RCTCA\

Edited by RCTCA, 24 January 2007 - 11:45 AM.

• egg_head%s's Photo
    Done. Every Download should work now. I hope you enjoy it, its not much though...
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Done. Every Download should work now. I hope you enjoy it, its not much though...

It's not much though he says, sheesh. There's some pretty damn nice stuff in it. Really a shame you didn't finish the park. The custom rides are pretty cool (although I've seen the screens of, but not knowing you had this project). Pretty classy egg.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Very nice stuff in there egg. But some not so good stuff also.

I loved the custom flats. The topple tower was very VERY nice and I enjoyed the setting of it very much out over the water like that. The other flatride was very well done also, all the way down to the load platform and control booth. I think the invert was pretty piss poor though. I did not like how it went through the buildings, but maybe that was intentional. I really think the supports needed a lot of work, and it suffers from the "corkscrewed" syndrome where it has a MCBR and then nothing after it.

Your archy is amazing though, and I think it is your strong suit as a player. You give your buildings great depth and make them not look flat like most people. The flat ride on top of the castle pillar thing is neat too.

I also liked the mine train coaster track under the steel track.

I hope to see more from you in the future egg, you really have an impressive style that most players just can't pull off.
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    it's really great...and the name is great.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    It had merit, but it didn't really come together. Understandable, seeing as it was just a time-passer. I can understand why you wouldn't have wanted to carry on with it though. The architecture that was there was mostly VERY nice. I'd like to see more coasters from you though, I can't remember seeing one I really liked.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    LOVED that custom ride. Probably the best one I've ever seen all-around (theme/ride loading area and what not). Toucan was also a really unique ride that I enjoyed seeing. But yeah, the invert... I liked the layout for the most part, it's just that there were too many meh spots of boring straightness. It didn't really flow that well either. I actually did like the part where it went through the building, kinda different. The other rides were really cool as well. Loved the wild mouse and its theme, along with the station the way it was. Wasn't too fond of that mine ride though, not feelin that lift style at all.

Oh well, can't wait to see some more stuff from you in the future.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    W O W
  • Highball%s's Photo
    It was an ok park, however since it was unfinished I didn't have much to go on. That screenshot shows off what was imo the best part of the map. Everything else was just kinda "meh seen it before."
  • Levis%s's Photo
    the custom rides where very good altough I've seen screens of them before :) .
    the archy looked pretty good as also the coaster.
    to bad it wasn't finnished
  • JDP%s's Photo
    I thought the custom ride was nice. Very cool looking.<sarcasm>Best thing that park had to offer was the B&M style inverted coaster. So realistic. I thought that coaster was truly amazing. It was nice to see something like that.</sarcasm>
    -JDP

EDIT: happy?..shit...

Edited by JDP, 25 January 2007 - 09:15 PM.

• J K%s's Photo
    Ive loved those custom rides from day 1 so it was good to see them in game. Nice stuff Tim can't wait to see your solo.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I quite enjoyed it.

The architecture was nothing short of amazing in most places. Some of your facades are simply breathtaking. Those 2 custom rides were pretty cool and pulled off really well. Loved the train/monorail style thing. That worked really nicely. The wild mouse was pretty cool, I like how you built it over concrete but still keeping it interesting. That twist ride in the tower was pretty fantastic too. I wasn't too keen either the invert colour or layout. It didn't seem to fit into the area all that well, just had some helixes over paths that looked awkward and bit going through the unthemed rooves of buildings. The layout just seemed a bit awkward in places and the colours just didn't work for me. I really liked Zombie. Had a nice layout, and good theming. Would have liked to see a bit more of that area.

Anyway, great work, still inticipating Indigo strongly.

Metro
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    You must be joking JDP. The invert was nowhere near realistic or good.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    ^Well i guess you couldnt tell i was being scarcastic...
    -JDP
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I can guess that you said that to cover up the lack of sarcasm in your first post ;)

No worries man, have your own opinion, because there didn't appear to be any slight trace of sarcasm, but still...

Edited by Lloyd, 25 January 2007 - 03:51 PM.

• JDP%s's Photo
    ^Yeah i know. But in writing, you can never tell...
    -JDP

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading