Music Forum / USC=Winners of RIAA Award

• Brent%s's Photo

When it comes to online music piracy, USC tops the charts, according to the Recording Industry Association of America

http://www.thestate....te/16562037.htm

Edited by The Beta Factor, 29 January 2007 - 03:56 PM.

• Carl%s's Photo
    If they can actually determine what people or groups of people have stolen the most music, that implies they actually know, or think they know, how much music said peeps are stealing. If they truely knew how much music various people and groups of people were stealing, then they should be prosecuting those people left and right, not handing out awards. Since they are obviously not on the warpath against music theifs (not in any major way anyway), this leads me to believe they don't actually know who is stealing what amount, and thus they have no authority to hand out this so called award. Not that USC doesn't deserve it though ;)

EDIT:
    Oh I see, they must be using the stat "# of notices of copyright infringement handed out per school per year" to determine who "tops the charts", which is not as specific a stat as I thought the RIAA may or maynot have...

Edited by ride_exchanger, 29 January 2007 - 04:25 PM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    LOL @ USC and the RIAA thinking they can ever stop music "piracy". They make it sound like it's one simple thing that they can disable, and voila! All those hooligan music stealers are finished! Ah, if only. You what'd be a novel solution? Killing all the price gouging that goes on in the music industry. But that'd mean less profits and we can't have that now can we?
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Oh shit...

I go to USC hahah.

I got a few buddies who use Limewire like crazy...I mostly just use dogpile audio search.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Fuck them, man. If you pay the recording industry, the musician doesn't make shit.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading