RCT Discussion / The RCT design thread

• tyandor%s's Photo
    I usually make drawing before or after I make something in rct. Drawing is an hobby for me although I think I should do it more often. Some of the stuff I post are in parks I'm creating. Others are just conceptual. I'll start off with a few drawings.

If anyone else draws his stuff, then don't be afraid to post it! (actually I'm counting on it that people post their designs)

1st one is actually in EGAS. It's a diner based at the one in Disney Studios Paris, but in a more tropical environment

Posted Image

2nd is a concept of a riverrapids ride for the never build park EG Gaia Zoo (doubt I'll ever build it anyway). It has several animal exhibits. At the top you can see the gate/facade of a part of the area (Directly below the rotating platform) It's loosely based on Kali River Rapids and has an indian theme with crocs, elephants and such.

Posted Image

The last one for now is a concept for EG: Wizards Vale. It's basicly a topspin in an enchanted forest area. This is one of my favorites.

Posted Image

Edited by tyandor, 14 February 2007 - 05:36 PM.

• Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Awesome sketches. I like to draw RCT designs too. Actually, it got to the point where I enjoyed the drawing part more than the actual parkmaking part. I haven't posted anything in awhile, but I have sketches for practically everything I've ever built in RCT.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I love concept art. I think that rapids one is probably my favorite. Personally, I love seeing a major ride/surrounding area concept sketch.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Very nice work, Ty. I really like the first and the third ones.

I think I've already posted most of my sketches on here, either in the zip for DisneyAir, or elsewhere. Most of my sketches are really quick and without much detail, but I'm trying to get myself to spend more time on them. This one's been on my website for a while, but I don't know if anyone has seen it. It's from the Urbis Occultus area of my potentially upcoming Lovecraft themed park (more about it on my parkmaker page). I still didn't quite finish it up, but it's ok:
    Posted Image

Most of the other sketches I haven't posted are some Disney things (which I don't want to post, since it'll come back to bite me if I ever use the ideas), but I'll see what else I can find. I think I have some other stuff from DSL that I never posted and that wouldn't hurt to post.

I think my favorite RCT sketch I've seen was one of some kind of haunted lighthouse. I forget who did it. Seems like Ty or Natelox.

EDIT: OK, I forgot that I have a whole folder full of this stuff on my harddrive. Here's some of the more interesting stuff (some of which you may have already seen):
    These first few are from the Dreamland section of the Lovecraft park (ie, his fantasy writing). I don't think the area will make it, though I like what I had going for the Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath ride
    Attached Image: XIET_1_r.jpg
    Attached Image: XIET_1_q.jpg
    Attached Image: XIET_1_e.jpg
    Then the Ry'leh section (it'll be there):
    Attached Image: XIET_1_p.jpg
    From Espanola:
    Attached Image: XIE_1_b.jpg
    Attached Image: XIE_1_c.jpg
    Fire Mountain:
    Attached Image: FireMt_1_c.jpg
    Attached Image: FireMt_1_d.jpg
    And the DisneyAir stuff again, since it makes up most of my sketches:
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Posted Image
    Clearly I'm paying attention in class. Anyways, I have a lot more, but nothing quite as epic as all that.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I do something like this for my projects every now-and-then, but my drawing skills are severely underdeveloped, so I just write down names, themes, potential detail ideas, etc.

great sketches, though, Tyandor... I envy your ability.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Those are very nice drawings, and that's coaster station drawn in the first pic (X) is awesome!
    I would like to see how it would come up in rct2. :)

I only made one drawing (my climb the ladder park entrance) in geography class (since my teacher is always repeating the same whole thing, actually a Paris french speaking style). But I came up with a different version while building it....

^Ling
    It isn't hard at all to draw if you take a perspective that you're good with it. Personally, I'm always picking the face view...

Edited by lucas92, 14 February 2007 - 08:51 PM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    gimme a bit to get scans up.

edit: blizzow. just a few of my sketchbook full.
    no stealing of any concepts, now, y'hear? ask first.
    genereal doodles, some RCT related in there, though you probably can't tell.
    Posted Image

some re-imaginings of the Monsters, inc. mini i've had on the back burner for about 6 years. it goes like this: Disneyworld's MGM replaces one of the aging stage shows ( bear + big blue house and company, the notre dame one ) with the Door Vault building from Monsters, inc. inside is a suspended floorless coaster in traditional disney enclosed coaster standards, and the cars are the doors that run along the track as seen in the movie. loading platform is much like the workstations seen in film as well. i'm maybe 45% done on this latest reincarnation. (4th)
    Posted Image

view of a building no one will ever see in RCT due to nihombasa being lost.
    Posted Image

general concept work and a vertical of the main are in Nihombasa 2, my reconstruction of the original.
    Posted Image

nihombasa 2 planning
    Posted Image

Edited by ][ntamin22, 14 February 2007 - 10:44 PM.

• lucas92%s's Photo

gimme a bit to get scans up.

I don't have scan... :'(
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    No wonder we won the H2H4 Championship with plans like these :)

Awesome drawings Ty and Ryan, great work.

Heres the only one I ever scanned, I have a few more, but meh...

Posted Image
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Lovely Ty.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    cool stuff guys... i wish i can draw... :(
    -JDP
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    You mean this one X? That's area is in EGAS btw. The shipwreck misses in rct though.

Posted Image

I'll post the rest of the old EGAS sketches too. Here are two designs for the Aquaria Towers area. Note the ivory, organic construction of it. Water flows around the structure. It has stained glass in between with sea imagery. The top is supposed to be a seashell. On the belltower there are also sculptures of seahorses which are fountains.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's more to come later.

Edited by tyandor, 15 February 2007 - 09:09 AM.

• Levis%s's Photo
    those last sketches are really nice !
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    I have a few sketches. But none to the degree of Ty or X-Coaster! Those are simplay amazing, Too bad Rct cant be built using a sketch-pad..

-Ryan
  • J K%s's Photo
    Here are two sketches i did. I apologise for the quality but i thought i'd add to the topic. These are just early sketches i did for some buildings which now feature in my solo.

Posted Image
    A contemporary building in the park, the pictures a bit faint.

Posted Image
    And the design for a virginia reel that features in my park.

Edited by J K, 17 February 2007 - 01:05 PM.

• tyandor%s's Photo
    New one. You might recognise it ;)
    Posted Image
  • Levis%s's Photo
    wow ty.... that looks very very very nice :p just like it did ingame :p .
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Awesome drawings, Ty!
    I hope to see one of these in your next park ;)
    Unfortuneatelly, my scanner's broken. Bu I will get a digitizer tablett soon, so I'll need no scanner for drawings ^^
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    The last drawing is in a h2h4 park. Nice work ty!
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Hey guys,

I'm feeling nostalgic and after rummaging through H2H forums, etc i've decided to put up some photos of my A2 coursework that was the basis for the Tycoon Bandits week 7 entrant, Kukuana.

It's probably not what you expect as the RCT version continued on from the finished product, but there are ideas that you can still see (plus some rejected ideas before I decided on a lost world type theme). Bear in mind these pictures and the content are now about 3 1/2 years old.

Posted Image
    So this was the cover page, with the logo and the model i made (notice the drying glue :p)

Posted Image
    Here is a separate sheet I created as a visual aid to the model, basically to summarise key points, etc. 'twas my first time using sketchup and I'm still quite proud of it.

Posted Image

Here is the very first concept drawing for Lost World (aka kukuana). As you can see the layout is very different and I took some creative licensing with the top left drawing, if anyone can guess where that's from :p

Posted Image

Here is a different concept. I did about 10 different ideas before choosing one to develop. Most will recognise where I got the bottom left drawing from.

Posted Image
    Can you guess where I got my inspiration from?!?

Posted Image
    This was in serious competition with Lost World for the winning idea. However I figured it would be easier making the 3d lost world model then this. However looking back I think I should have chosen this one to develop.

Posted Image
    This is an original sketch I did roughly based on Nemesis Inferno's station, just to give off the look/atmosphere I wanted for the volcano.

Posted Image
    As I said earlier this project was the very first time I used Sketchup. Here you can see on the left my very first model.

Posted Image
    Finally here are some shots of the 3D model development.

Hope you guys like, I'll try and get some shots up of the actual model if I can find the prints.

RCTFan

P.S Forbidden kingdoms update soon!

Edited by RCTFAN, 02 June 2008 - 07:28 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading