RCT Discussion / The RCT design thread

• Fisch%s's Photo
    The parks theme was your idea but the plans I have for it are mine. I highly doubt you would be able to paint or even build something like that

(just kidding! :D I'm astonished how well all the others can draw!)

Fisch
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    BUMP!

Just to revive this, here's a drawing for an upcoming project. You may recognize the two buildings on the right...

Posted Image
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    wow you're a really good drawer! hopefully you'll turn it that greatly into RCT :)

Edited by Tolsimir, 05 July 2009 - 11:38 AM.

• Sulakke%s's Photo
    Yeah, that drawing is amazing!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Is there anything you're not fucking good at? :p

That is simply divine.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    wow. why do you even use rct?
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    That is absolutely stunning robbie!! Awesome job!
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Too bad that I don't have a scanner here :(

Maybe I can post some images of my 3D Models I am planning to use for rct2 in the future (CR/CS). (or is that not allowed :p ?)

@ MR. Robbie, awesomeness at is top :p
  • Gwazi%s's Photo

Is there anything you're not fucking good at? :p

no.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo
    I wish trees could look like that in rct.

-disneylhand
  • Xophe%s's Photo

I wish trees could look like that in rct.

I totally agree! It would be so nice to have trees that overhang paths and stuff.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

BUMP!

Just to revive this, here's a drawing for an upcoming project. You may recognize the two buildings on the right...

Posted Image

And yet again you're the one to suprise me :p
    While it's a basic drawing, it's awesome and your drawing technique is very clear. This is exactly how good concept art should look.
    However I'm not entirely sure from what design angle you're drawing. This looks suspiciously like a drawing that was meant for a rct conversion. While practical for the game it's also a limitation on creativity somewhat. Not that I would mind seeing this in rct though :p
    Only thing that looks weird is that one tree that looks like it's going to topple over. As for people mentioning overhanging trees in rct; they do exist actually but they're from WW and for that reason not really good looking.
  • 5dave%s's Photo
    Robbie, you're the man!

"MFG"
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Obviously not as impressive as other's work here but I found some of my concept work and thought I'd post it.

I don't have a scanner so they are just photographs so apologies about quality of image.

Posted Image
    Not been built yet, probably going into a design that I've been trying to finish for the past year or so lol.

Posted Image
    This is just some planning for the Duff Gardens Theme Park I was going to build.

Posted Image
    Just a rough sketch of a building which I've just shown in the recent WDS screen.

Posted Image
    This is a plan for a Grand Prix Theme Park I was going to build, I still am, just it's on hold atm.

Posted Image
    Originally planned for my IOA project but that has been scrapped but the entrance will probably pop up in another project.

Posted Image
    Now we get onto the Disney plans, these are some hotel plans.

Posted Image
    Resort map complete with hotels, camp site, Disney Village & Disney's Canyon Creek (water park)

Posted Image
    The original WDS plan, but it has now changed completely.

Posted Image
    My Disney's America plan which had to be changed (thanks to Robbie & nin :p ) to a Disney's Far West idea with a Golden Gate Bridge model (which had to again be changed thanks to RCTNW :p ). The plan isnt going to happen now and will probably just be an ordinary Magic Kingdom style park.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Very interesting, Louis. That's more of the stuff I do as of late, just laying out things, more than sketching. I'll post some of mine in a bit.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Looks great Louis! I love seeing aerial plans like that.

Posted Image

Here's a plan for an upcoming CC I want to make.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    That last one's very nice robbie. Louis, I love the mickey shaped studios design, very clever. Here is a sketch i did not too long ago and then outlined in ink:

Posted Image

It's a mini area with a dark ride themed to the N Machine. Sorry for the awful quality - it was taken from a camera phone at a strange angle.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Awesome stuff Robbie, but way to steal yet another of my park ideas :p I take it that is a PoTC style ride. BITCH. I've been working on one of those for ages :p

Dr. Dirt, looks great, be interesting to see it develop into RCT.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Plans from my up and coming park:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is definately been the most fun to plan and so far to build aswell.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Wow, this topic is so awesome! You guys have some serious talent, it actually inspires me to also draw things out like that (I now usually only do rough aerials in the planning stage)..
    Keep those sketches coming! :D

SF

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading