Music Forum / Minutes to Midnight

• Metropole%s's Photo
    Sounding exactly like the record doesn't constitute for a good live performance. That is what Lp are doing here, and while it can be respected that Bennington's voice is a good one, that live rendition was about as captivating as the song is on record...ie. Not at all.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    Just wanted to say you can listen to the whole album legally over at MTV UK.

And Metro, I understand where you're going, but think of some bands that just can't play live, because they use little studio adjustments to make their voice sound smooth, like Panic! at the Disco.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    so guys i downloaded it and i must say it is the best record ever.
    let me know if any of you want it. i'd post it but that is ILLEGAL.
  • Loopy%s's Photo

Just wanted to say you can listen to the whole album legally over at MTV UK.

And Metro, I understand where you're going, but think of some bands that just can't play live, because they use little studio adjustments to make their voice sound smooth, like Panic! at the Disco.

So what your saying is you don't like computerised music when linkin park use a lot of it? Makes zero sense....

I just checked out the first couple of songs and I must say I am really dissappointed in them.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Bought it, and I think it turned out too emo...
    Isn't that bad either, but I like their old style...

Too many styles in one c.d. But at least a better album than Meteora.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    So I got a copy. It's... meh. Not horrible, not great Enjoyable, I guess. But something like MCR's Black Parade would be much better. *shrug*
  • Ride6%s's Photo

MCR's Black Parade

For being so hyped and dispite the shit-emo image surrounding MCR everything I've heard from that album has been a step towards at least being decent simi-glam arena rock rather than whiny-wanna-be punk.

Which means it's acceptable.

I still think it's funny that we refer to almost anything that we consider the bane of modern music as "emo" these days when the old DC emo bands were actually quite good; though their sound had very little in common with the crying pop-punk now labled and marketed as emo...

anyway...

Sorry about the thread high jack (All right stickers this is a fuck up!).

Ride6
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    I'm listening to it right now. I'm up to Track 7 and so far I don't know any words to describe how badly this record sucks. What complete and utter crap. Someone get me a Celine Dion record. Please.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about this album from all my friends. Nice knowin your musical career, LP ;)
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    linkin park has and will always suck balls

Edited by spiderman, 26 May 2007 - 04:13 PM.

• RRP%s's Photo

linkin park has and will always suck balls

agreed
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

Too many styles in one c.d.

That's a bad thing? I love it when a band shows that they actually have some kind of talent in multiple areas. The more styles, the better, really. Keeps you on your toes.
  • Hyperion%s's Photo
    I never knew what it was like to be alone on a Valentine's Day............. *slaps forehead* <skips track>

Some tracks are great, most are a lousy stray away from what they are really good at. Bring back the Rock Hip-Hop.

In Pieces is the best track on here I think.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

sunnydayrealestate is the best band ever!!1

amirite?
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    no wait.

it's linkin park. =(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading