(Archive) Advertising District / Marriott's Marine World - Phase II

• RCTNW%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Now that Phase I of the Marriott Project Triple X is complete, it's time to focus on the second phase. This phase will focus primarily on the MMW map along with a few other items to be mentioned soon. If all goes weel, we should see this release later this summer.

Here is one of the four planned coasters for the opening day released that is still to be named. I realize it's not much right now but we will get back to some normal updates soon.
    Posted Image

Thanks

James - rctnw

Edited by RCTNW, 05 March 2008 - 04:58 PM.

• vekoma9%s's Photo
    Not bad. Less trees on the right maybe, and some support work on that inversion. Other than that very good work.
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    Very peaceful to me. The waterfalls are a nice touch. ahh...........
  • Genius638%s's Photo
    nothing really to see. the waterfall is nice
  • JDP%s's Photo
    Nice river you got going on there. And your landsacaping is nice but seems different from your style...
    -JDP
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Very nice James, good implementation of the water splash. I can't really tell from this screen, but I hope that there is a place where guests who aren't on the ride can see the splashdown
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    ^ I think there is, i spy a path in the bottom left.

Looks promising, i like the general look, and the landscaping fits well with the river/lake. Love the waterfalls too!

My favourite project in the Ad District at the moment for sure.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    It's prettyful, reasonibly realistic, and captures the atmosphere of the Great America parks (well the one I've been to) quite well. I visted SFGAmer in 2000 and again in 2003... In 2000 it still had a lot more of the old character with the tripple-ferris wheel thing and such. I quite liked the park then. The 2003 visit was decidedly less pleasent, showing a lot more "Six Flags Character" but anyway I like what you're doing with this...

Ride6
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    vekoma9 - I think the support works once you see the whole inversion. Thanks though

RCTCA - Thanks.

JDP - Interesting.

Mark - Yes there is. You can see a small glimpse of the que in the bottom left. Thanks

Lloyd - Thanks

Ride6 - I agree, I was not a big fan of the Paramount version off the park either. Thanks

Update
    Just a small teaser of one of the coasters to be named later. Not much but I like it ;)

Posted Image
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Very nice hacking!
    I've seen some spots where the waterfalls are kind of unrealistic.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Wow... very, VERY nice looking from such a small shot. Absolutely love those supports and the landscaping around it (being an impulse?).

Keep up the excellent work!
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Looks great James. The impulse is looking awesome, and the waterfalls look great, apart from a couple of bits where the water should run down onto the rocks and it doesn't.

Looking forward to the next update.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    You have a right to like it, RCTNW. That's fantastic.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Damn. Great work!
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    Nice work. Although the waterfalls seem a bit overdone, this is easily the only screen I've honestly liked throughout this whole Triple X project.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Quite possibly the best waterfall I've ever seen in RCT. Excellent, James.
  • Turtle%s's Photo

Although the waterfalls seem a bit overdone....

Hahahahahahahaha ha ha ha.

I really like it James, looks great.
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    Good one, Turtle. Never could have made a better joke myself.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    You know what? If you've got 1/4-tile ice blocks, I'd recommend using those behind the waterfalls. I think that would look a little better. :)
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    I'm really liking the rock formation for the impulse. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading