Music Forum / Good "screaming" bands

• Camcorder22%s's Photo
    ^Yeah dude Sepultura is awesome. If anyone likes any kind of metal they should check out Sepultura. But yeah they might be a little too heavy for the causal screamo fan.

A good screming band I listened to is The Agony Scene. kickass guitar riffs
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I don't wanna die :(
  • Carl%s's Photo
    JJ dont you listen to FFAF? Theyre *kinda* screamo.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I like one or two of their songs... I don't listen to them...

I listen to what most people on here would class as shitty pop music. :p
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    hooray planes mistaken for stars songs.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Oh also, Slint.
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    3 Inches of Blood has a pretty badass screamer.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Just bringing this back to make another addition. 'A Skylit Drive', check them out i think you'll like them.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    The Chariot
    August Burns Red
    War of Ages
    Darkest Hour
    Norma Jean
    The Agony Scene
    As I Lay Dying

The Chariot is crazy live, I havent gotten to see them yet, but I've seen videos on youtube. War of Ages, has some of the sickest guitar riffs I've heard in a while, along with Darkest Hour. If you havent heard The Agony Scene, then you need too. Their screamer is sick and the guitars sound like chainsaws.

Edited by Top Gun, 03 September 2007 - 01:00 PM.

• BreakAway%s's Photo
    CHIODOS
    Bone Palace Ballet is SICK!
    :)

Before Their Eyes
    Emarosa
    and favorite...
    Dance Gavin Dance

Edited by BreakAway, 04 September 2007 - 01:26 AM.

• ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Blessthefall is pretty good
  • MisnersRCT%s's Photo
    I definitely think the best "screaming" is done by Slipknot....

Just an opinion though.....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hbspMTgSN80
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    although this may seem like a bit of a paradox, because the music i've typically played in bands is hardcore/screamo type stuff, lately, i really just havent been feeling the music as much.

i mean, dont get me wrong, theres a lot of GREAT bands out there that scream, but then again, thers 198 times as many bands out there that scream and suck horribly.

i basically seems like a gimmick now.
    most of the songwriting is, 'ooh, lets throw a br00tal breakdown here, a crazy screaming part here, and then a chuggchuggchugg chugg chuggchugg breakdown here, and then some group vocals over a breakdown, and then a catchy chorus, and then a SUPER heavy ending breakdown for everyone to throw down to!'

but i guess as far as screaming bands go, i still have some favorites that i just love.

underoath -They're Only Chasing Safety album is probably my favorite of all time. everythings just so catchy.
    A Bullet for Pretty Boy- i saw these guys last night at our show, and was blown away by the band as a whole. nice guys too.
    DanceGavinDance- though i'm not big on their screaming, i just love the technicality of the music, and the catchiness of the choruses and verses.
    in:Aviate- they dont scream too much, but their music is brilliant.
    The Color Morale- great new band on the scene. honest music that doesnt rely on gimmicky effects >(AttackAttack!/Asking Alexandria)
    Emery- just a great band
    Lions Lions- they have so much energy live, and the guys singing voice is pretty great
    Thursday- classic. i love these guys
    Alexisonfire- not too big on their screaming. but dallas green's singing more than makes up for it lol
    Agraceful- i just love their vocalist chris. one of the nicest dudes, and has one of the best work ethics i've ever seen in someone. though, they might not count for this list, because they just broke up. not officially announced yet, but they did:/

yeah, theres a few other 'screaming' bands that i like, but i've just been really really picky about which ones i like lately.
    i'm getting sick of all the generic cliches that many of these newer bands tend to rely on these days.

so basically, i've been listening to a lot of indie stuff haha.
    not to mention the little electronica-ish project i'm working on:]

(PS, expect a sickkkk collaboration coming up soon as far as my new project goes. steve, you already know lol)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    do lightning bolt count as 'screaming'?
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    There's no such thing as a good screaming band.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    ^ lies

suicide season-bring me the horizon
    plauges-the devil wears prada
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Brand New anyone? Manchester Orchestra? I agree with Underoath, DanceGavinDance and Thursday, too.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Attack Attack!
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^ oh no you didnt !

lol

i honestly cannot stand those guys. ugh.

i'll tell you one thing though.
    listen to their song The People's Elbow, and tell me the vocals dont sound like their saying 'OH THE BLOOD OH THE BLOOD OF THE MEXICAN' at the beginning aha

oh yeah steve, i completely forgot about manchester and brand new.

how could i forget about brand new man? i love them haha
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

do lightning bolt count as 'screaming'?

hah, i don't think so. but lightning bolt own and everyone should listen.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading